rF2: Monaco E-Prix Track Released

Paul Jeffrey

Premium
rF2 Monaco E Prix b.jpg

Studio 397 have released their second official Formula E circuit for the simulation - adding the Monaco E-Prix 2019 layout for the title.

Retailing for just under £7 if bought as a standalone piece of content, or purchasable as part of a larger Formula E themed pack, the 2019 variation of the Monaco E-Prix is available from the rFactor 2 Steam Store now.

Perhaps best known for its Formula One Grand Prix hosting credentials, Monaco is also the jewel in the crown of the Formula E calendar, and the shorted, Formula E specific layout is another interesting addition to the title that further expands the content of the all electric series within the sim..

Joining the Hong Kong E-Prix and the recently released Lester E-Prix fantasy track, the 2019 Monaco E-Prix layout is available now.

Recreating Monaco has been a huge effort, and it’s been more than worth it! We made it our primary goal to painstakingly bring to life this special environment with the highest level of detail. Starting with a high resolution ‘laser-scan’ as a base to create the track surface, we then went on to build the essential elements that make Monaco what it is. From the yachts and sailboats in the harbor that sit in the glistening blue water as the sun goes low, to the buildings and track side objects – it’s all there!

The 1.765 km track offers intense racing requiring high-concentration to keep the car out of trouble – good luck!
rF2 Monaco E Prix a.jpg

rFactor 2 is available exclusively for PC.

Follow the news, join the discussion! Head over to our rFactor 2 sub forum and involve yourself with the community today..

Like what we do at RaceDepartment? Follow us on Social Media!

What RF2 should have done is release all these DLC packs for free......then enticing new people to join and race -
What they did was buy a game that they knew had a little following, screwed us people over by doing nothing but releasing boring DLC after DLC and charging what half the price I paid for the sim to begin with.

Maybe if there wasn't any mods and I couldn't download 100+ cars and tracks right now I could see spending money on their special DLC packs...

Naw - no UI - no competition system....same ffb and physics from day 1. Wow they put rain and some extra shiny effects on a sim that's so dated it might as well be RF1.2

A very small price to pay for this highly detailed track to add to your sim racing library.
The problem is, that's exactly what will happen to it. You will add it to your sim racing library...and never run it again, because it's not really usable for anything else outside of FE.
That's why it's not exactly great value for the money (just like your Starbucks coffee). Compare it with Sebring, a legendary and highly sought after track. Way better bang for (the same) buck.

Track is cool for rf2. I like this cartoonish look. But it doesnt support full day cycle .Hong Kong track have the same problem.
Also fe 2019 is a nice car, and 1st time in history of rf2 doesnt have graphic bugs, but sound is very bad and unfortunately not because of engine type.

Always wanted that E-layout even though it’s not much of a challenge like the GP layout. Guess it’s time to pull the trigger on the car & track.
(Dear studio-397, do something about the messy DLC section on steam)

The problem is, that's exactly what will happen to it. You will add it to your sim racing library...and never run it again, because it's not really usable for anything else outside of FE.
That's why it's not exactly great value for the money (just like your Starbucks coffee). Compare it with Sebring, a legendary and highly sought after track. Way better bang for (the same) buck.

I agree.
Not much of an FE fan but I am a bit of a sim racing collector with software and hardware. I have 7 wheels for example, maybe I need to see a doctor but I love anything sim racing related.
Also my desire to support S397 any way I can, perhaps my $9 went toward Nurburgring development, I don't know.

@Jason Mullin I mean...I will probably get it as well at one point or another, because I'm curious and also because I like to support the devs. It's not like it's a sum that will ruin you. But it'd certainly be more high up on my list if it wasn't so single-purpose. I got the first FE car and track months after release, and I've driven them like three or four times (the car more so than the track) since.

if rfactor was smart they'd go the assetto corsa way and offer a pack with everything at half the cost or even more discount...get more people to join....right now all they have are people that already own the game that just figure well since I don't have it I have to buy it....well yeah still boring track and not worth more than a few bucks.

if rfactor was smart they'd go the assetto corsa way and offer a pack with everything at half the cost or even more discount...get more people to join....right now all they have are people that already own the game that just figure well since I don't have it I have to buy it....well yeah still boring track and not worth more than a few bucks.

Dude...If you don't want it, don't buy it...but stop trying to force your ideals down our throats; we heard you the first two or three times, we get it. Everyone here is grown enough to make a decision whether to buy it or not. You also realise what is "boring" is subjective right?

RF2 and its FFB/Physics/DLC/policies are clearly not your thing, so move along before someone mistakes your comments as trolling.

if they listened to me for a change they would get loads more people to join....more people = more money = more content = the list goes on.

or yes just be a follower and buy all the dlc they come out with while they do nothing about anything truly important and groundbreaking for this sim.

if playing a sim that feels the same as it did years ago is your thing more power to you good sir. I'll keep on giving them crap for never updating the sim I bought years ago.

you people are not getting it. F1 ties up EVERYTHING with contracts. The organizers must cede all rights for the use of a track's image, layout, representation to F1. The American owners of F1 can then take that agreement and all the other tracks and cars and logos and sponsors are all tied together. F1 has the sole right to bargain....ONLY F1.... Huge sums of money are involved in these agreements. It's not just a handshake. So when Codemasters buys the exclusive rights to the ENTIRE FREAKIN' F1 package, they get sole rights to everything. Disagree all you want, but S397 will not be stepping on F1 or Codemasters toes. You can get Joe Johnson Johansen to privately mod the track, but nothing official from S397 or ACC or any other private company. To do so would risk lawsuits they couldn't afford to defend let alone lose.
Go make the track, just STOP expecting S397 to be allowed to build it as long as Codemasters pays F1 for the rights to F1 games

It is stunning: it is done really well and even in this form it is still Montecarlo! You can really use it for any car. I hope they keep adding tracks of this quality.
Only in Formula E there are opportunities such as Rome, Paris, Berlin, New York, etc...

Dipping into my Sim racing funds to purchase this Track, and I personally always look forward to new tracks and cars for that matter:D. Trying out some pre-race entertainment on this track with some other cars...hehe...Reiza's Formula Vee and the BTCC Mod...
View attachment 305309 View attachment 305310 View attachment 305311 View attachment 305312View attachment 305313

It's unfair to put nice pictures on it!!:D I want to buy it now!! Congratulations very nice pics!:thumbsup:

To be honest I didn't expected that much fun with this track and car combo. I was sure that the quality of this track is stunning like Sebring from S397 but the layout was more or less unknown for me.
I´m totally happy that I bought this track with Formula E cars because its a lot fun to drive.
And come on 10 bucks is such a fair price if you imagine what work was required to bring this to life.
Sure its not for everyones taste but this was maybe the same with Sebring. You can't make it right for everyone because preferences are different.

One thing what is really missing for me is the small church on left side of T1 which is a important landmark in Monaco which would be cool to have modeled for this track.
And the small old Fangio Mercedes F1 car before the start finish line straight as well ;-)

Would be fantastic to see these additions in future update S397 because everything else is so much detailed for this fantastic track except this two things.

I only can say that I really appreciate every new track from S397 for this great simulation.
Absolutely great work S397 !!!!

At Christmas, there will surely be some Steam Sales. Older DLC especially are often featured.

At the very moment we released the McLaren 650S GT3 (ahead of the rest of that pack because we agreed with McLaren to feature it in World's Fastest Gamer) we also gave people the option to buy the pack directly (without yet being able to disclose all other cars). So you did have the option to take a "leap of faith" and buy the whole pack at that point. Of course, ultimately it's everybody's personal choice what they buy and don't buy and I can only respect that.

But we who purchased the Formula E gen2 car, when released, now have to pay more than people who didnt, to have the whole pack.
Thanks for appreciating the ones who supported you day 1.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back