rF2: Longford (re) Released!

Paul Jeffrey

Premium
rF2 Longford 5.jpg rF2 Longford 6.jpg rF2 Longford 7.jpg rF2 Longford 9.jpg rF2 Longford 10.jpg rF2 Longford 8.jpg
A new, free track has been released for rFactor 2 with the remastering and updating to DX11 standards of the historic Longford location.

Originally starting out life as a very well put together mod circuit by @woochoo, the Longford Circuit mod very quickly found itself adopted as official rFactor 2 content, and as such the development team behind the title and woochoo have found the temptation to spend some time updating the track to modern rF2 standards far too inviting, and have today re released the freshly updated circuit as additional free content on the Steam Workshop.

You can download Longford Circuit for rFactor 2 HERE, but be aware this link will overwrite previous version of the track in your rF2 install..

From the Studio 397 release notes:

We’re excited when it’s time to release content, or in this case re-release content that’s been updated and improved with all the latest weather and DX11 effects – adding quality, compatible content to the track roster, is always a welcome addition!

Long time community member and hyper dedicated modder “woochoo”, has once again re-sharpened his skills, learned how to integrate the latest weather and lighting effects, and proceeded to overhaul and create a revised version of the track Longford, a track that so many of us classic fans have enjoyed over the years in rFactor 2. We decided because of this it was more than worthy to be part of the base set of tracks in rFactor 2, and also as a show of our dedication to support quality modder content.

rF2 Longford 1.jpg
rF2 Longford 2.jpg
rF2 Longford 3.jpg
rF2 Longford 4.jpg

rFactor 2 is available exclusively for PC from Steam now.

Check out the rFactor 2 sub forum here at RaceDepartment for all the latest news and discussion with regards to the simulation. You can take part in lively debates with fellow rFactor 2 fans and take part in some great Club and League racing events..! Head over to the forum now and share the love this simulation so very much deserves...

Like what you see here at RaceDepartment? Don't forget to like, subscribe and follow us on social media!

What do you think of the Longford Circuit? Do you like the new DX11 / Rain Features update to the track? Let us know your thoughts in the comments section below!

I still had the track, though it was overly bright. This updated version is very welcome, looks and feels good.
But - if anyone from Studio 397 should read this - I still would like some kind of exposure slider to be implemented. Even Longford could do with a little less brightness. It is probably (surely) dependant on the kind of used screens/settings, and my triple 144Hz BENQ's are showing rF2 a bit too bright overall.
With extended menus to work trough (x3) is not really fun.:cool:
Other sims are fine (or have such a control).

@gianlucaP we are doing our best, but our more formal approach to licensing and the fact that we need to balance our time means that we are taking this one step at a time. But we are definitely aware that there is a group of users that love this historic content (my personal online simracing started with Grand Prix Legends :) )

The historic content was the sole reason I bought my rF2 license at launch. Hopefully you guys can upgrade it and add some new stuff :)

When I pasted the link above into my steam account it didn't work for also when you use the search option in the workshop it will only bring up the older version.
The only way I could find it was as described in my post above.

Links take you to Steam offline which I would have thought most people don't even use or log-in to, at least I don't

Also new content ( not update) won't show in workshop for a little while unless you do a direct search

Look now in most recent upload tab it's still the Mercedes

How much money have you spend on your current simracing hardware

• €0-150

Votes: 80 19.2%
  • €151-500

Votes: 116 27.8%
  • €501-1000

Votes: 68 16.3%
  • €1001-1500

Votes: 36 8.6%
  • €1501-3000

Votes: 41 9.8%