Featured rF2: Longford (re) Released!

Discussion in 'rFactor 2' started by Paul Jeffrey, Aug 14, 2018.

1. Paul Jeffrey

Paul Jeffrey
    RaceDepartment Editor-in-Chief Staff Premium

Ratings:
    +17,485

rF2 Longford 5.jpg rF2 Longford 6.jpg rF2 Longford 7.jpg rF2 Longford 9.jpg rF2 Longford 10.jpg rF2 Longford 8.jpg
    A new, free track has been released for rFactor 2 with the remastering and updating to DX11 standards of the historic Longford location.

Originally starting out life as a very well put together mod circuit by @woochoo, the Longford Circuit mod very quickly found itself adopted as official rFactor 2 content, and as such the development team behind the title and woochoo have found the temptation to spend some time updating the track to modern rF2 standards far too inviting, and have today re released the freshly updated circuit as additional free content on the Steam Workshop.

You can download Longford Circuit for rFactor 2 HERE, but be aware this link will overwrite previous version of the track in your rF2 install..

From the Studio 397 release notes:

We’re excited when it’s time to release content, or in this case re-release content that’s been updated and improved with all the latest weather and DX11 effects – adding quality, compatible content to the track roster, is always a welcome addition!

Long time community member and hyper dedicated modder “woochoo”, has once again re-sharpened his skills, learned how to integrate the latest weather and lighting effects, and proceeded to overhaul and create a revised version of the track Longford, a track that so many of us classic fans have enjoyed over the years in rFactor 2. We decided because of this it was more than worthy to be part of the base set of tracks in rFactor 2, and also as a show of our dedication to support quality modder content.

rF2 Longford 1.jpg rF2 Longford 2.jpg rF2 Longford 3.jpg rF2 Longford 4.jpg

rFactor 2 is available exclusively for PC from Steam now.

Check out the rFactor 2 sub forum here at RaceDepartment for all the latest news and discussion with regards to the simulation. You can take part in lively debates with fellow rFactor 2 fans and take part in some great Club and League racing events..! Head over to the forum now and share the love this simulation so very much deserves...

Like what you see here at RaceDepartment? Don't forget to like, subscribe and follow us on social media!

Instagram
    Youtube
    Twitch

What do you think of the Longford Circuit? Do you like the new DX11 / Rain Features update to the track? Let us know your thoughts in the comments section below!

• Like Like x 21
    • Love Love x 17
    • Beer Beer x 3
  2. Andy-R

Andy-R

Ratings:
    +523
    Wow, this track looks great now! It might make me fire up rF2 for the first time in a long time.

• Like Like x 4
    • Agree Agree x 1
  3. gianlucaP

gianlucaP

Ratings:
    +180
    Thanks a lot for this. I hope that Studio 397 will update also the other historic tracks of the game.
    Please guys, would be great.

• Agree Agree x 7
  4. Marcel Offermans

Marcel Offermans
    Studio 397

Ratings:
    +1,351
    @gianlucaP we are doing our best, but our more formal approach to licensing and the fact that we need to balance our time means that we are taking this one step at a time. But we are definitely aware that there is a group of users that love this historic content (my personal online simracing started with Grand Prix Legends :) )

• Love Love x 37
    • Like Like x 13
    • Beer Beer x 10
    • Agree Agree x 1
  5. gianlucaP

gianlucaP

Ratings:
    +180
    Thanks Marcel. :thumbsup:

• Like Like x 2
  6. Will Mazeo

Will Mazeo
    Premium

Ratings:
    +658
    Matsusaka and Bathurst getting some love would be nice, especially matsusaka because that track is really heavy :O_o:

• Like Like x 5
  7. Fanapryde

Fanapryde

Ratings:
    +258
    I still had the track, though it was overly bright. This updated version is very welcome, looks and feels good.
    But - if anyone from Studio 397 should read this - I still would like some kind of exposure slider to be implemented. Even Longford could do with a little less brightness. It is probably (surely) dependant on the kind of used screens/settings, and my triple 144Hz BENQ's are showing rF2 a bit too bright overall.
    With extended menus to work trough (x3) is not really fun.:cool:
    Other sims are fine (or have such a control).

• Agree Agree x 6
  8. neuer31

neuer31

Ratings:
    +150
    Istanbul aswell

9. gianlucaP

gianlucaP

Ratings:
    +180
    Old Spa guys, old Spa.

• Agree Agree x 14
    • Like Like x 1
  10. Stephen Gibb

Stephen Gibb
    Lost in the Misty Mountains Staff Premium

Ratings:
    +881
    Take the Brabham BT44B round this in VR just awesome, beautiful update.

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
  11. jimortality

jimortality
    Premium

Ratings:
    +1,022
    I can't seem to locate this on steam workshop

12. Marcel Offermans

Marcel Offermans
    Studio 397

Ratings:
    +1,351
    Where it says "HERE" in the first post, that's a link to the workshop item.

• Like Like x 2
    • Beer Beer x 1
  13. Stephen Gibb

Stephen Gibb

Ratings:
    +881
    If you have the older version installed unsubscribe then relaunch rf2 and the new version will automatically download.
    If you don't have the older version find the Studio 397 workshop and you will find it there.

14. Durge Driven

Durge Driven

Ratings:
    +214
    • Haha Haha x 1
    • Beer Beer x 1
  15. balage06

balage06
    Premium

Ratings:
    +191
    Don't want to be that guy, but what about Zandvoort?

• Agree Agree x 1
  16. jimortality

jimortality
    Premium

Ratings:
    +1,022
    Ah right thanks, only when you go to the steam app and type in Longford, it doesn't bring it up but I've got it now thank you

17. Stephen Gibb

Stephen Gibb

Ratings:
    +881
    When I pasted the link above into my steam account it didn't work for also when you use the search option in the workshop it will only bring up the older version.
    The only way I could find it was as described in my post above.

18. Ryno917

Ryno917

Ratings:
    +435
    The historic content was the sole reason I bought my rF2 license at launch. Hopefully you guys can upgrade it and add some new stuff :)

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Beer Beer x 1
  19. Durge Driven

Durge Driven

Ratings:
    +214
    Now ?

With respect that is the sort of attitude helped give rF2 the appearance of being second rate :)

It always looked great has always felt great, great physics, tyres, terrain great .....it is great !@! ;)

• Agree Agree x 6
    • Like Like x 3
    • Disagree Disagree x 3
    • Haha Haha x 1
  20. Durge Driven

Durge Driven

Ratings:
    +214
    Links take you to Steam offline which I would have thought most people don't even use or log-in to, at least I don't

Also new content ( not update) won't show in workshop for a little while unless you do a direct search

Look now in most recent upload tab it's still the Mercedes

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.