rF2: Longford (re) Released!

Paul Jeffrey

Premium
rF2 Longford 5.jpg rF2 Longford 6.jpg rF2 Longford 7.jpg rF2 Longford 9.jpg rF2 Longford 10.jpg rF2 Longford 8.jpg
A new, free track has been released for rFactor 2 with the remastering and updating to DX11 standards of the historic Longford location.

Originally starting out life as a very well put together mod circuit by @woochoo, the Longford Circuit mod very quickly found itself adopted as official rFactor 2 content, and as such the development team behind the title and woochoo have found the temptation to spend some time updating the track to modern rF2 standards far too inviting, and have today re released the freshly updated circuit as additional free content on the Steam Workshop.

You can download Longford Circuit for rFactor 2 HERE, but be aware this link will overwrite previous version of the track in your rF2 install..

From the Studio 397 release notes:

We’re excited when it’s time to release content, or in this case re-release content that’s been updated and improved with all the latest weather and DX11 effects – adding quality, compatible content to the track roster, is always a welcome addition!

Long time community member and hyper dedicated modder “woochoo”, has once again re-sharpened his skills, learned how to integrate the latest weather and lighting effects, and proceeded to overhaul and create a revised version of the track Longford, a track that so many of us classic fans have enjoyed over the years in rFactor 2. We decided because of this it was more than worthy to be part of the base set of tracks in rFactor 2, and also as a show of our dedication to support quality modder content.

rF2 Longford 1.jpg
rF2 Longford 2.jpg
rF2 Longford 3.jpg
rF2 Longford 4.jpg

rFactor 2 is available exclusively for PC from Steam now.

Check out the rFactor 2 sub forum here at RaceDepartment for all the latest news and discussion with regards to the simulation. You can take part in lively debates with fellow rFactor 2 fans and take part in some great Club and League racing events..! Head over to the forum now and share the love this simulation so very much deserves...

Like what you see here at RaceDepartment? Don't forget to like, subscribe and follow us on social media!

What do you think of the Longford Circuit? Do you like the new DX11 / Rain Features update to the track? Let us know your thoughts in the comments section below!

You do both yourself and us a diservice by that comment.

Well as much as I like this site, I feel like I'm walking on egg shells, when I post a comment, that "Some" might find offensive, just by expressing an opinion about a computer game.

I have seen recently a fellow Race Department reader being attacked and slander, yet nothing is done about it, I am one hundred percent sure that if it was me making such statements, I would have been warned or banned, most likely banned for good as this is my final warning.

Yes my comment was over the top, but you had two readers claiming the female reader that was banned was me, and that I have multiple accounts just to throw mud at rFactor, which is also false.

You are a staff member and most likely have the power to check readers IP address to stop trolling and users with multiple accounts, I don't have multiple accounts on this site or any other sites, I don't use fake or misleading names.

But you're more than welcome to do what needs to be done to clean RD of people like me.
it's a little club and I'm not welcome, that's how it feels.

But you're more than welcome to do what needs to be done to clean RD of people like me.
it's a little club and I'm not welcome, that's how it feels.

You and Ayem22 (which I still think is you) only join rF2 conversations to troll and spread your bitterness and now you play the victim, lol that's funny
Attention mods and staff, you're not going to get an open invitation like this twice. Time to get rid of those 2 accounts

Yes my comment was over the top, but you had two readers claiming the female reader that was banned was me, and that I have multiple accounts just to throw mud at rFactor, which is also false.
Hit the report button is what I say to everybody, male or female, that way it's brought to the mods attention.
We are certainly not a small club and try to reflect all shades of opinion.
But I must admit that it is wearing that some members regularly post in threads of games only to slag them off.
We are a niche community I struggle to understand why we constantly have to tear into one another, rather than accepting people have and make choices.
I do understand that the internet is often not the best place for nuanced debate.

You and Ayem22 (which I still think is you) only join rF2 conversations to troll and spread your bitterness and now you play the victim, lol that's funny
Attention mods and staff, you're not going to get an open invitation like this twice. Time to get rid of those 2 accounts

*Sigh*, She Ayem22, IS not me, I'm sure if she was, the Staff members at Race Department would know that, we are two different people, living in different countries.

I have only commented on this rFactor 2 thread, because I am being accused of being Ayem, for the second time, I am not Her, and I do not have multiple account here on Race Department.

How to get my RFactor 2 looking like the screen shots ??? mine looks like PS2 graphics with jaggies every where.
pc spec :| CPU: Overclocked Intel® Six Core i7-4930K (3.4GHz @ max 4.4GHz) | GPU: Geforce GTX 970 G1 | MOBO: Asus Rampage iv Extreme: Intel X79, Socket 2011, R.O.G| RAM: 32GB Kingston Hyperx beast Quad-ddr3 2400MHz X.M.P | PSU: Corsair 850W Enthusiast Series Modular TXM-850 V2-80 PLUS | OS: Windows 10 Pro (64-bit)

With that mobo (same as mine), you have to ensure you patch it to use PCI-E x16 Gen3, you will find the patch HERE
It needs to be patched every time you update your GPU drivers & you should find a 20% performance increase, allowing you to increase some settings. You will not be able to use the PP at High which is really for screen shots but should hopefully get Medium with 3 AA & x16AF. If you are gaming at 1080p the I'd imagine most other settings being bumped to High, with shadows at Medium (?)

If you already have the patch and running Gen 3 then I have no clue mate why it looks like PS2 game on your system.

With that mobo (same as mine), you have to ensure you patch it to use PCI-E x16 Gen3, you will find the patch HERE
It needs to be patched every time you update your GPU drivers & you should find a 20% performance increase, allowing you to increase some settings. You will not be able to use the PP at High which is really for screen shots but should hopefully get Medium with 3 AA & x16AF. If you are gaming at 1080p the I'd imagine most other settings being bumped to High, with shadows at Medium (?)

If you already have the patch and running Gen 3 then I have no clue mate why it looks like PS2 game on your system.
Thanks for the reply, not sure i am confident enough to be messing about with the motherboard though...

Thanks for the reply, not sure i am confident enough to be messing about with the motherboard though...

You're not messing around with your motherboard at all. All you are doing is enabling the Gen 3 option (which makes a big difference in rf2 and other games), but just requires a patch that I linked. All you do is download that patch from Nvidia and I just dropped it in my C:/. Every time I do a clean install of drivers, I right click on the 'force-enable-gen3.exe' file & Run as Administrator. It runs quickly and then restart the PC. To confirm you are on Gen3 just open you Nvidia CP - Help - System Information - Scroll to Bus, it should read PCI Express x16 Gen3.

This option should have been just optional within the BIOS of our motherboard but unfortunately for some reason needs this patch from Nvidia to actually be on.

Going to fire up RF2 to have a butchers later today, always liked that track after Durge recommended it to me.

Hit the report button is what I say to everybody, male or female, that way it's brought to the mods attention.
We are certainly not a small club and try to reflect all shades of opinion.
But I must admit that it is wearing that some members regularly post in threads of games only to slag them off.
We are a niche community I struggle to understand why we constantly have to tear into one another, rather than accepting people have and make choices.
I do understand that the internet is often not the best place for nuanced debate.

Personally I'd appreciate a bit more action to deter the regular trolls regarding PC1,PC2,SMS etc. this site has become my "go to" site now and no matter how bad RF2 and the other sims get it the pCARS franchise and devs get it a lot worse. From the same regularly bunch too. Ironically I've seen them moaning when "their" fave sim gets trolled, which just leaves me aghast at the colossal hypocrisy within humanity.

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 98 7.8%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 130 10.4%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 177 14.1%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 353 28.1%
  • 100% offline racing

Votes: 493 39.3%