rF2: Longford (re) Released!

Paul Jeffrey

Premium
rF2 Longford 5.jpg rF2 Longford 6.jpg rF2 Longford 7.jpg rF2 Longford 9.jpg rF2 Longford 10.jpg rF2 Longford 8.jpg
A new, free track has been released for rFactor 2 with the remastering and updating to DX11 standards of the historic Longford location.

Originally starting out life as a very well put together mod circuit by @woochoo, the Longford Circuit mod very quickly found itself adopted as official rFactor 2 content, and as such the development team behind the title and woochoo have found the temptation to spend some time updating the track to modern rF2 standards far too inviting, and have today re released the freshly updated circuit as additional free content on the Steam Workshop.

You can download Longford Circuit for rFactor 2 HERE, but be aware this link will overwrite previous version of the track in your rF2 install..

From the Studio 397 release notes:

We’re excited when it’s time to release content, or in this case re-release content that’s been updated and improved with all the latest weather and DX11 effects – adding quality, compatible content to the track roster, is always a welcome addition!

Long time community member and hyper dedicated modder “woochoo”, has once again re-sharpened his skills, learned how to integrate the latest weather and lighting effects, and proceeded to overhaul and create a revised version of the track Longford, a track that so many of us classic fans have enjoyed over the years in rFactor 2. We decided because of this it was more than worthy to be part of the base set of tracks in rFactor 2, and also as a show of our dedication to support quality modder content.

rF2 Longford 1.jpg
rF2 Longford 2.jpg
rF2 Longford 3.jpg
rF2 Longford 4.jpg

rFactor 2 is available exclusively for PC from Steam now.

Check out the rFactor 2 sub forum here at RaceDepartment for all the latest news and discussion with regards to the simulation. You can take part in lively debates with fellow rFactor 2 fans and take part in some great Club and League racing events..! Head over to the forum now and share the love this simulation so very much deserves...

Like what you see here at RaceDepartment? Don't forget to like, subscribe and follow us on social media!

What do you think of the Longford Circuit? Do you like the new DX11 / Rain Features update to the track? Let us know your thoughts in the comments section below!

How to get my RFactor 2 looking like the screen shots ??? mine looks like PS2 graphics with jaggies every where.
pc spec :| CPU: Overclocked Intel® Six Core i7-4930K (3.4GHz @ max 4.4GHz) | GPU: Geforce GTX 970 G1 | MOBO: Asus Rampage iv Extreme: Intel X79, Socket 2011, R.O.G| RAM: 32GB Kingston Hyperx beast Quad-ddr3 2400MHz X.M.P | PSU: Corsair 850W Enthusiast Series Modular TXM-850 V2-80 PLUS | OS: Windows 10 Pro (64-bit)

What about all official tracks getting bought up to Sebring graphical standard !
There need some uniformity so all content is on the same level ! Its ok for mods to be lower but all official tracks should all look as good as each other .

In which sim are tracks looking the same? It's not even technically possible to reach Sebring standard, simply because it's laser scanned and others are not. iRacing has exactly the same problems. Silverstone in iRacing looks exactly like it was made 10 years ago (it was) when compared to some of their latest tracks. Basically you cannot fix a 10 year old track to look modern without rebuilding it from scratch. All you can do is bring some updated shaders (DX11 & rain) to older tracks, which AFAIK they already did.

iRacing did not have a new company running the game and changing its direction like rF2 did.
This is just a cheap excuse to not update other track no matter if given by "fan" or devs
And yes... it's possible to reach Sebring graphics it has nothing to do with laser scan.

Don't the screens come from replay mode, which has higher post effects and DOF that aren't shown when racing? Or am I mistaken? rF2 screens always look godlike but, while I don't mind the graphics for the most part, when in game they are not comparable.

iRacing did not have a new company running the game and changing its direction like rF2 did.
This is just a cheap excuse to not update other track no matter if given by "fan" or devs
And yes... it's possible to reach Sebring graphics it has nothing to do with laser scan.

Then show me a case where such upgrade has been done in other sims. iRacing certainly doesn't "uprade" its old tracks. pCars 2 has hugely varying track quality, it seems because over half of the tracks were built 5 years ago for pCars 1. Codemasters F1 uses same tracks year after year with some minimal polish. Assetto Corsa probably has closest tracks in quality, but even there you can see a big difference between Imola and Nordschleife for example.

Don't the screens come from replay mode, which has higher post effects and DOF that aren't shown when racing? Or am I mistaken? rF2 screens always look godlike but, while I don't mind the graphics for the most part, when in game they are not comparable.

No, replay and game are exactly the same. It's mostly a matter of running the game at certain time of day, like morning or late afternoon.

Then show me a case where such upgrade has been done in other sims. iRacing certainly doesn't "uprade" its old tracks. pCars 2 has hugely varying track quality, it seems because over half of the tracks were built 5 years ago for pCars 1. Codemasters F1 uses same tracks year after year with some minimal polish. Assetto Corsa probably has closest tracks in quality, but even there you can see a big difference between Imola and Nordschleife for example.
Read first sentence, again. Nuff said.

Yes, it's possible to reach 2018 graphics if you build a track in 2018, with everything from texture resolution to poly counts of buildings being accommodated for a 2018 GPU. And also bear in mind S397 is a small company with a couple of persons building tracks, much smaller than those other sims who haven't upgraded their tracks either.

And don't get me wrong, I'd love to see upgraded tracks. But adding some woo effects to Sepang that was built 10 years ago won't suddenly make the track look good, it would have to start with rebuilding all objects (trees, buildings, grandstands) to higher polycount. And then you'd still end with the same old and inaccurate track layout with lego-like white lines and curbs of wrong dimension etc. IMO it's clear that if they wanted to "upgrade" Sepang to 2018 standards they would be better off rebuilding the track.

I'll never understand the people that don't acknowledge the effort and appreciate the work that has gone into something like this. A number of these posts sound like whiny children who always want more.

I know nothing of this track and not a classics guy but this, to me, looks like awesome fun and look forward to trying it out. I recently returned to RF2 due to the much touted Sebring release and have been very pleasantly surprised with all that has evolved with this sim. Many thanks to Studio 397 and the talented modders who have produced some amazing content! Kudos! :thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

Melanieuk spotted...

It is.. he got his first account banned from the rf2 forums here I think and is using this one now

No it is not me, I'm sure Bram would have identified the persons IP as being the same as mine, and it is not, so please try singing a different tune. It's not my fault female readers of RD, don't like rFactor2, and get banned for expressing their views on it, because some guys are to jelly like, to accept not everyone going to have the same opinion as theirs.

I've just finished work, so don't know what she had posted to get a ban, wouldn't be surprised that she had a ban for being female.

Have a nice Evening sweeties.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back