rF2: Longford (re) Released!

Paul Jeffrey

Premium
rF2 Longford 5.jpg rF2 Longford 6.jpg rF2 Longford 7.jpg rF2 Longford 9.jpg rF2 Longford 10.jpg rF2 Longford 8.jpg
A new, free track has been released for rFactor 2 with the remastering and updating to DX11 standards of the historic Longford location.

Originally starting out life as a very well put together mod circuit by @woochoo, the Longford Circuit mod very quickly found itself adopted as official rFactor 2 content, and as such the development team behind the title and woochoo have found the temptation to spend some time updating the track to modern rF2 standards far too inviting, and have today re released the freshly updated circuit as additional free content on the Steam Workshop.

You can download Longford Circuit for rFactor 2 HERE, but be aware this link will overwrite previous version of the track in your rF2 install..

From the Studio 397 release notes:

We’re excited when it’s time to release content, or in this case re-release content that’s been updated and improved with all the latest weather and DX11 effects – adding quality, compatible content to the track roster, is always a welcome addition!

Long time community member and hyper dedicated modder “woochoo”, has once again re-sharpened his skills, learned how to integrate the latest weather and lighting effects, and proceeded to overhaul and create a revised version of the track Longford, a track that so many of us classic fans have enjoyed over the years in rFactor 2. We decided because of this it was more than worthy to be part of the base set of tracks in rFactor 2, and also as a show of our dedication to support quality modder content.

rF2 Longford 1.jpg
rF2 Longford 2.jpg
rF2 Longford 3.jpg
rF2 Longford 4.jpg

rFactor 2 is available exclusively for PC from Steam now.

Check out the rFactor 2 sub forum here at RaceDepartment for all the latest news and discussion with regards to the simulation. You can take part in lively debates with fellow rFactor 2 fans and take part in some great Club and League racing events..! Head over to the forum now and share the love this simulation so very much deserves...

Like what you see here at RaceDepartment? Don't forget to like, subscribe and follow us on social media!

What do you think of the Longford Circuit? Do you like the new DX11 / Rain Features update to the track? Let us know your thoughts in the comments section below!

But - if anyone from Studio 397 should read this - I still would like some kind of exposure slider to be implemented. Even Longford could do with a little less brightness. It is probably (surely) dependant on the kind of used screens/settings, and my triple 144Hz BENQ's are showing rF2 a bit too bright overall.

You should probably still start with setting up your monitor(s) properly, because unless you do, there really is no telling if what you're actually seeing is even close to how it's supposed to be. A lot of monitors are set to be *way* too bright from the factory. Also, if your monitors are wide gamut and you're not using some kind of color profile, what you see can be very wrong.

Not saying that an exposure slider wouldn't be a nice feature to have (right after removing that turquoise tint :whistling:), but there really doesn't seem to be anything wrong with rF2 content on my screen.

Pretty handy page for at least a somewhat basic monitor setup that should get you pretty close to at least OK, if not perfect:

http://www.lagom.nl/lcd-test/

Now ?

With respect that is the sort of attitude helped give rF2 the appearance of being second rate :)

It always looked great has always felt great, great physics, tyres, terrain great .....it is great !@! ;)
Well that is a rather bizarre attitude. I reserve the right to be interested in whatever interests me. Just because you like something for your reasons doesn't mean everyone else has to do the same. It is the first update/new content that has interested me in a while so I'll probably fire up rF2 and have a go.

I assume by your comment you are not playing Mario Kart much these days? With respect that kind of attitude helped give Mario Kart the appearance of being second rate.

@gianlucaP we are doing our best, but our more formal approach to licensing and the fact that we need to balance our time means that we are taking this one step at a time. But we are definitely aware that there is a group of users that love this historic content (my personal online simracing started with Grand Prix Legends :) )

Thanks for the track - smashingly great - and thanks for the development of rFactor 2. It´s becoming such a great sim.

I still had the track, though it was overly bright. This updated version is very welcome, looks and feels good.
But - if anyone from Studio 397 should read this - I still would like some kind of exposure slider to be implemented. Even Longford could do with a little less brightness. It is probably (surely) dependant on the kind of used screens/settings, and my triple 144Hz BENQ's are showing rF2 a bit too bright overall.
With extended menus to work trough (x3) is not really fun.:cool:
Other sims are fine (or have such a control).
I got the 32inch 144 hz Benq in a triple setup, how high you have the brightness settings. I used screencalibration device. As anything above 40% is making everything look overexposed and somewhat tears the overal picture balance.

I got the 32inch 144 hz Benq in a triple setup, how high you have the brightness settings. I used screencalibration device. As anything above 40% is making everything look overexposed and somewhat tears the overal picture balance.
I have the 27" version (XL2720Z) monitors, also in triple setup, 56 cm from my eyes.
Brightness is set at 38% now. I have been messing around with brightness settings lately, especially for rF2 older track mods. As you know, changing this on these monitors (three times) when jumping from track to track is a pita, hence my question for the exposure slider like in some other sims.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 216 14.4%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 154 10.3%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 149 9.9%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 115 7.7%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 216 14.4%