rF2 Endurance Pack Released - New Trailer Added

Status
Not open for further replies.

Paul Jeffrey

Premium
rf2 BMW 2.jpg rf2 BMW.jpg rf2 corvette.jpg rf2 Norma  .jpg rf2 norma oreca.jpg rf2 porsche.jpg
The new five car 'Endurance Pack' DLC will be released tomorrow for rFactor 2, and to celebrate Studio 397 have revealed a new trailer for this exciting pack of cars.

Bringing the BMW M8 GTE to a racing simulation for the first time, the wonderful Porsche 911 RSR GTE, the beastly Chevrolet Corvette C7.R and two Prototypes in the form of the Norma M30 and Oreca 07, the brand new 'Endurance Pack' DLC release for rFactor 2 looks set fair to be one of the most impressive collections of content for the simulation since Studio 397 took control of the game back in 2016.

Making the most of the rapidly improving new DX11 build and graphic output, the new five pack of cars already look the part, and thanks to the advanced physics that the rFactor series has been renowned for in recent years, the odds of these cars living up to their visuals in the handling department remains very high indeed...

The new pack can be purchased from the rFactor 2 Steam Store for £13.15 and will release Friday 15th June.

rFactor 2 is available exclusively for PC from Steam now.

Check out the rFactor 2 sub forum here at RaceDepartment for all the latest news and discussion with regards to the simulation. You can take part in lively debates with fellow rFactor 2 fans and take part in some great Club and League racing events..! Head over to the forum now!

Like what you see here at RaceDepartment? Don't forget to like, subscribe and follow us on social media!

RaceDepartment YouTube
RaceDepartment Twitter
RaceDepartment Facebook
RaceDepartment Twitch

RaceDepartment Instagram

Have you tried the new content yet? What are your impressions? Let us know in the comments section below!

Last edited:
guys question is it like real life when you use bonnet view on the Porsche you see the tarmac thru the cooling ribs in de middle front?

asking this because it does not appear so in ac or iracing

Last edited:
Hi guys , i know rFactor 2 has no leaderboard for laptimes , but is there any external leaderboard that i can compare my time with those?

Anyone? :p
during Le Mans my only breaks were for eating (man i eat a lot!), wc (not world cup of course:p ) and driving these cars ! i love driving them as they are predictable and i have an easy time managing them without putting tons of workload on myself without enjoying it

Anyone? :p
during Le Mans my only breaks were for eating (man i eat a lot!), wc (not world cup of course:p ) and driving these cars ! i love driving them as they are predictable and i have an easy time managing them without putting tons of workload on myself without enjoying it
I noticed this too when flipping to external view to take a look at the Porsche goodness.

No idea why it's like that, and does not look like it should be like that.

I never drive in bumper view so it does not bother me regardless

studio 397 said:
We deliberately did not include an LMP1 car as that class is currently undergoing a transformation, and we feel strongly about providing you with cars that are up to date and future proof.

I'm sorry but I really don't buy this :) IRacing, SMS and Kunos apparently you are wasting your time releasing LMP1s. No one is interested in driving them because they will be obsolete in 2020.

And it looks like the C7 will soon be obsolete too.

https://www.motor1.com/news/233190/chevy-corvette-c8-race-car-planned/

Last edited:
I'm sorry but I really don't buy this :) IRacing, SMS and Kunos apparently you are wasting your time releasing LMP1s. No one is interested in driving them because they will be obsolete in 2020.

And it looks like the C7 will soon be obsolete too.

https://www.motor1.com/news/233190/chevy-corvette-c8-race-car-planned/
Well if they skip the P1 to get some DPi it is a better deal to me. The Oreca from this pack is under a DPi filter when selecting oponnents. Easter egg? :barefoot:
We also dont know what the deal is with Chevy, I think the Corvette DP was traded for this C7 GTE

I only bought the Oreca 07 as the full pack was a bit pricey to stomach for a sim I don't use particularly often. My thoughts:

The car generally feels quite floaty (tire related + the moment of inertia seems very high to me) and if I'm reading the telemetry correctly, the aerodynamics are certainly not right. Based on telemetry, the car's maxing at a 3.3:1 lift to drag ratio with the default aero setup (and reasonable ride heights at speed). The worst LMP2 of the current generation (by far), the Riley, has a 4.2:1 max L/D. The Oreca's should be around 5:1. That's somewhat concerning considering S397 say they had input from a number of teams.

That having been said, I'm not hugely familiar with the telemetry output in RF2, so I could very well be missing something with the aero (though the drag, front DF, and rear DF outputs seem pretty self explanatory).

Not to make this post too negative, but I also think the modeling and texture work could be a bit better. The steering wheel's using quite a low-res texture and the shape of the headlight housing seems off. Otherwise it generally seems to be lacking some polish. It's by no means bad but with what other developers (Kunos, SMS, iRacing, etc.) are pushing out, it could certainly be a bit better, especially for the price.

The other cars have larger fonts on the steering wheel LCD, but several users have noted the blurry fonts used for the Oreca.

I ran a mixed field comprised of Enduroracers LMP3 Ligier and the S397 Norma. In rainy conditions, the Ligier was about 2 seconds faster than the Norma. I haven't had enough time to test the cars in dry conditions yet.

The other cars have larger fonts on the steering wheel LCD, but several users have noted the blurry fonts used for the Oreca.

I ran a mixed field comprised of Enduroracers LMP3 Ligier and the S397 Norma. In rainy conditions, the Ligier was about 2 seconds faster than the Norma. I haven't had enough time to test the cars in dry conditions yet.
Not talking about the LCD, the actual steering wheel texture is low res (cosworth logo is very pixelated).

You can buy each car individually but each costs $5.80.

Can we get a race up with this pack soon? Please? @Daiman Patel @Stephen Gibb :geek::rolleyes:
We will certainly look into and consider using the official GTE and Prototype cars, from the Endurance Pack developed and released by Studio 397, for our next endurance club event. ;) I am yet to drive them myself - it has been a busy weekend of watching racing and football - but the reviews so far have been very positive, which is great to see... though I expected nothing less! :D

Keep your eyes peeled for more information about our upcoming club races over the coming weeks, and you might spy a little surprise! :sneaky:

Last edited:
I only bought the Oreca 07 as the full pack was a bit pricey to stomach for a sim I don't use particularly often. My thoughts:

The car generally feels quite floaty (tire related + the moment of inertia seems very high to me) and if I'm reading the telemetry correctly, the aerodynamics are certainly not right. Based on telemetry, the car's maxing at a 3.3:1 lift to drag ratio with the default aero setup (and reasonable ride heights at speed). The worst LMP2 of the current generation (by far), the Riley, has a 4.2:1 max L/D. The Oreca's should be around 5:1. That's somewhat concerning considering S397 say they had input from a number of teams.

That having been said, I'm not hugely familiar with the telemetry output in RF2, so I could very well be missing something with the aero (though the drag, front DF, and rear DF outputs seem pretty self explanatory).

Not to make this post too negative, but I also think the modeling and texture work could be a bit better. The steering wheel's using quite a low-res texture and the shape of the headlight housing seems off. Otherwise it generally seems to be lacking some polish. It's by no means bad but with what other developers (Kunos, SMS, iRacing, etc.) are pushing out, it could certainly be a bit better, especially for the price.
I bow to your extensive knowledge on the technical aspects of this car, I actually found the Oreca to be the weakest car of the whole pack in terms of feel and driving, it feels quite boring to drive.

The Porsche RSR on the other hand I could lap that all day I am not sure on the technicalities of it but it sure feels great to drive coupled with the engine sound it's one of the great the sim cars for me.

I have to congratulate Studio397 for this fantastic DLC. I wasn't totally sure about buying it... but the release came out just at the right time with the 24h of LeMans on the TV screen so I took the plunge and bought it.
After driving all the cars on sunday morning I ended up with a smile on my face. I have driven only an hour or so with each vehicle but they all feel great. You can feel the weight of the GTE's but they still rotate with ease and even on low settings of TC they are quite controllable on corner exits as you always have a chance of counter-steering to save the tail.
Is the handling of the cars realistic? To be honest, I don't know as I've never driven one of those beasts but I'm pretty sure they are fun to drive. You don't have to spend hours fiddling with setups to make the car comfortable.
I was also worry about performance and FPS, but with my current settings the game just performs well and although the interiors aren't the best in class, the sound is quite impressive and gives a good sense of inmersion.
I'm pretty sure I'm going to spend good hours of driving and fun with those cars!.

Can anyone confirm this?

I think it's more probable you did something wrong with your measurements rather than S397 made the this part of car's physics wrong. Maybe ask about it on S397 forum?

Last edited:
I think it's more probable you did something wrong with your measurements rather than S397 made the this part of car's physics wrong. Maybe ask about it on S397 forum?

S397 had lopsided weight on the Radicals for months before they corrected it. I hope they'll someday fix the Oreca's problem at Homestead, but I'm not sure that will ever happen. A shame, because it's one of my favorite tracks.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play