rF2 Endurance Pack Released - New Trailer Added

Status
Not open for further replies.

Paul Jeffrey

Premium
rf2 BMW 2.jpg rf2 BMW.jpg rf2 corvette.jpg rf2 Norma  .jpg rf2 norma oreca.jpg rf2 porsche.jpg
The new five car 'Endurance Pack' DLC will be released tomorrow for rFactor 2, and to celebrate Studio 397 have revealed a new trailer for this exciting pack of cars.

Bringing the BMW M8 GTE to a racing simulation for the first time, the wonderful Porsche 911 RSR GTE, the beastly Chevrolet Corvette C7.R and two Prototypes in the form of the Norma M30 and Oreca 07, the brand new 'Endurance Pack' DLC release for rFactor 2 looks set fair to be one of the most impressive collections of content for the simulation since Studio 397 took control of the game back in 2016.

Making the most of the rapidly improving new DX11 build and graphic output, the new five pack of cars already look the part, and thanks to the advanced physics that the rFactor series has been renowned for in recent years, the odds of these cars living up to their visuals in the handling department remains very high indeed...

The new pack can be purchased from the rFactor 2 Steam Store for £13.15 and will release Friday 15th June.

rFactor 2 is available exclusively for PC from Steam now.

Check out the rFactor 2 sub forum here at RaceDepartment for all the latest news and discussion with regards to the simulation. You can take part in lively debates with fellow rFactor 2 fans and take part in some great Club and League racing events..! Head over to the forum now!

Like what you see here at RaceDepartment? Don't forget to like, subscribe and follow us on social media!

RaceDepartment YouTube
RaceDepartment Twitter
RaceDepartment Facebook
RaceDepartment Twitch

RaceDepartment Instagram

Have you tried the new content yet? What are your impressions? Let us know in the comments section below!

Last edited:
I think it's more probable you did something wrong with your measurements rather than S397 made the this part of car's physics wrong. Maybe ask about it on S397 forum?
Unless the telemetry's logging incorrect data, the car has a problem.
Ua8lFx8.png

The bottom two sections are math channels I did to verify that things lined up (tire load is correctly related to downforce - the "weight front" and "weight rear" values should hover around the correct weight of the car) and calculate the L/D. The rest is straight from RF2 with the motec plugin.

Last edited:
The Oreca AI is useless at Palm Springs (Homestead) road course. They repeatedly wreck at the second corner. I was using the layout with the last two oval corners. I didn't test the other one
The Oreca AI are working perfectly at Palm Springs Road Course A with no wrecks but on the Road Course B the AI can achieve more speed going into T1 thus occasionally going a little wide with the tires hitting the grass causing them to spin. This can easily be fixed with some tender loving care in the AIW. When i get some free spare time i'll fix this issue!

Last edited:
The Oreca AI are working perfectly at Palm Springs Road Course A with no wrecks but on the Road Course B the AI can achieve more speed going into T1 thus occasionally going a little wide with the tires hitting the grass causing them to spin. This can easily be fixed with some tender loving care in the AIW. When i get some free spare time i'll fix this issue!

I thought it may have been AIW. I was thinking about fixing it myself, but I didn't want to waste my time if it had actually been something else.

Ua8lFx8.png

The bottom two sections are math channels I did to verify that things lined up (tire load is correctly related to downforce - the "weight front" and "weight rear" values should hover around the correct weight of the car) and calculate the L/D. The rest is straight from RF2 with the motec plugin.
Motec plugin is most probably correct, but maybe there's another explanation. Anyway, I think would be best if you post this info on S397 forum. We will find out if the issue is real.

Yeah, less likely to find a reply from S397 in here.

PS. I like how S397 needs to explain themselves but nobody questions the source of the real life L/D figures :D Half-joking of course! I don't know much but those figures sound like they are in the correct ball park at least :)

Yeah, less likely to find a reply from S397 in here.

PS. I like how S397 needs to explain themselves but nobody questions the source of the real life L/D figures :D Half-joking of course! I don't know much but those figures sound like they are in the correct ball park at least :)
The Riley numbers are from one of the guys that ran the wind tunnel tests, so they're accurate. The Oreca's ~5:1 is based on a number of things; leaked Acura ARX-05 data and personal experience included.

If the Motec plugin's accurate, I see no reason to dispute my findings. If someone wants to bring it up on the S397 forum, that's fine, but trying to get a response wasn't really my intention in the first place. Maybe they'll change it though...who knows.

Has anyone done a test with the GTE and Detroit? I did a quick test session at COTA in the detroit and the GTE field was 1.5 seconds behind me the other AI driven Ford.

AI Aggression - 40
AI Difficulty - 109
AI Limiter - 0

Anybody else noticed a huge performance difference between the GTE Porsche and the LMP3 ? The RSR runs at avg 110 fps on my system, the LMP3 barely get up to 70.

And why does the LMP3 show tc on the wheel?

Why isn’t tc setting changes shown on the wheel? Can’t see it even in an overlay. How am I supposed to know which setting I’m on? It’s a rather useless feature to be able to map tc/abs to your wheel button that way.

Maiomai S397....

The frustration is that great, I still haven’t tried all cars...

Ua8lFx8.png

I posted question on official S397 forum. I hope someone (ideally S397) will do independent measurements. So far no one confirmed/denied the issue.

Ua8lFx8.png

Are at least the absolute values for downforce plausible or not?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 352 15.6%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 247 10.9%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 243 10.7%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 177 7.8%