rF2 Endurance Pack Released - New Trailer Added

Status
Not open for further replies.

Paul Jeffrey

Premium
rf2 BMW 2.jpg rf2 BMW.jpg rf2 corvette.jpg rf2 Norma  .jpg rf2 norma oreca.jpg rf2 porsche.jpg
The new five car 'Endurance Pack' DLC will be released tomorrow for rFactor 2, and to celebrate Studio 397 have revealed a new trailer for this exciting pack of cars.

Bringing the BMW M8 GTE to a racing simulation for the first time, the wonderful Porsche 911 RSR GTE, the beastly Chevrolet Corvette C7.R and two Prototypes in the form of the Norma M30 and Oreca 07, the brand new 'Endurance Pack' DLC release for rFactor 2 looks set fair to be one of the most impressive collections of content for the simulation since Studio 397 took control of the game back in 2016.

Making the most of the rapidly improving new DX11 build and graphic output, the new five pack of cars already look the part, and thanks to the advanced physics that the rFactor series has been renowned for in recent years, the odds of these cars living up to their visuals in the handling department remains very high indeed...

The new pack can be purchased from the rFactor 2 Steam Store for £13.15 and will release Friday 15th June.

rFactor 2 is available exclusively for PC from Steam now.

Check out the rFactor 2 sub forum here at RaceDepartment for all the latest news and discussion with regards to the simulation. You can take part in lively debates with fellow rFactor 2 fans and take part in some great Club and League racing events..! Head over to the forum now!

Like what you see here at RaceDepartment? Don't forget to like, subscribe and follow us on social media!

RaceDepartment YouTube
RaceDepartment Twitter
RaceDepartment Facebook
RaceDepartment Twitch

RaceDepartment Instagram

Have you tried the new content yet? What are your impressions? Let us know in the comments section below!

Last edited:
You have some valid points. However think for a second. How can they keep polishing rF2 without steady income? S397 bought rF2 from ISI when most users already spend the money with ISI on the base game. They need funds to survive and develop rF2 further.
I bought GT3 pack even though I pretty much drive only 650S, I've purchased GTE Endurance pack even though I'm mostly interested in the Porsche. We (as fans) should chip in to support the devs if we want the sim to evolve. Unless someone is on a very, very tight budget 15 euros is not much. Free stuff is cool but it is very short sighted to expect Studio 397 to work for free.
It's great that you've bought GT3/Formula-E pack to support them :thumbsup:. That's the kind of support they need to keep improving the sim

As much as I love rF2 and really appreciate the work they are doing with all the big improvements to the sim that were done and are yet to come, I got to say that it isn't our job to keep the developer afloat. I use my wallet, when I see that the content is worth it. The GT3 pack was a decent start with a few teething issues, but the Endurance pack definetly tags all boxes and fits perfectly in the grand scheme of this software. Yesterday I drove the cars alot and I haven't even tested all the cars yet. This doesn't apply for the Formula E content for example, unless they start producing more and more tracks for it.

So in that regard, I hope that they maybe look at options to extend the endurance part of the sim even more, maybe with some colaborations with Enduracers, URD or Apex. I've watched the Road to Le Mans race today and half of the field are Norma M30 cars. Now get the Ligier LMP3 up to par and you have allmost the full field for that series and a big part of the IMSA rototype challenge aswell. This pack clearly shows where rF2 excells.

I got it, 112DKK is nothing! And the 2 cars I have tested for now are superb. The Porsche is great, and the M8 I just love it!, with no settings at all it handles so nice, really worth it
du vil ikke fortryde det
;)

Jamie Palmer! Ikke just et dansk navn. You living in Denmark? or what? JamieDK kind of hints that you have a tie to Denmark. Anyway - thanks, Ill look at the endurance pack some more...

IMO you can get an idea of car balance from a video of a car. And balance is something you can change through setup.

I agree - it´s not that I hate videos in general - I just don´t like the stop-motion shots - constant changes of the speed. Codemasters does that all the time too, and it ruins the experience for me. I like when videos show actual periods of the car driving - so you can see what it does.

I agree - it´s not that I hate videos in general - I just don´t like the stop-motion shots - constant changes of the speed. Codemasters does that all the time too, and it ruins the experience for me. I like when videos show actual periods of the car driving - so you can see what it does.
I get that but like I said, and you seem to agree, you can only see car balance through a video. You can't get an idea how it drives or how to drive it from outside or even onboard video alone. With driver inputs added you might get a better idea but even then it's just a rough idea.

I got to say that it isn't our job to keep the developer afloat.

To some extent, it is: people take for granted racing sims that fill a tiny niche in the grand scheme of gaming. The day these games are not economically viable you will have nothing to race on. So if you like a sim, please do buy (some) additional content to support the developers. These games and the cool content they have just do not popup out of thin air.

The sound and the handling of the porsche is so f...... awsome. RF2 rules sim handling imo.
Totally agree, worth the price of admission alone. Just need some more first party tracks and I could drive RF2 exclusively.

After being disappointed in the kart pack this pack is the best DLC I have purchased in a long, long time.

Well done studio 397 @Marcel Offermans.

Nice comments to s397 here on racedepartment:cool: they deserve it as a little studio in simracing world :thumbsup:

I hope Marcel... bring us a Nordschleife track. I give all my money. Rfactor2 is more and more endurance...... Endurance simracing is nothing without a good Nord:sneaky:

Yess we are spoiled in simracing :p:roflmao: butt I hope one day Rfactor 2 have this track

After taking all the new Endurance Pack cars for a spin around a few tracks and the cars had a familiar feel to them and I noticed a 'Heusinkveld' skin on a number of the cars....wouldn't it be great is this was Reiza's modding start into rF2 territory, as the started out doing mods for rF1 and look where that ended up with the amazing Automobilista title...lol...only pure speculation on my part.

The Oreca AI is useless at Palm Springs (Homestead) road course. They repeatedly wreck at the second corner. I was using the layout with the last two oval corners. I didn't test the other one

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 365 15.9%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 255 11.1%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 245 10.6%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 181 7.9%