rF2 Endurance Pack Released - New Trailer Added

Status
Not open for further replies.

Paul Jeffrey

Premium
rf2 BMW 2.jpg rf2 BMW.jpg rf2 corvette.jpg rf2 Norma  .jpg rf2 norma oreca.jpg rf2 porsche.jpg
The new five car 'Endurance Pack' DLC will be released tomorrow for rFactor 2, and to celebrate Studio 397 have revealed a new trailer for this exciting pack of cars.

Bringing the BMW M8 GTE to a racing simulation for the first time, the wonderful Porsche 911 RSR GTE, the beastly Chevrolet Corvette C7.R and two Prototypes in the form of the Norma M30 and Oreca 07, the brand new 'Endurance Pack' DLC release for rFactor 2 looks set fair to be one of the most impressive collections of content for the simulation since Studio 397 took control of the game back in 2016.

Making the most of the rapidly improving new DX11 build and graphic output, the new five pack of cars already look the part, and thanks to the advanced physics that the rFactor series has been renowned for in recent years, the odds of these cars living up to their visuals in the handling department remains very high indeed...

The new pack can be purchased from the rFactor 2 Steam Store for £13.15 and will release Friday 15th June.

rFactor 2 is available exclusively for PC from Steam now.

Check out the rFactor 2 sub forum here at RaceDepartment for all the latest news and discussion with regards to the simulation. You can take part in lively debates with fellow rFactor 2 fans and take part in some great Club and League racing events..! Head over to the forum now!

Like what you see here at RaceDepartment? Don't forget to like, subscribe and follow us on social media!

RaceDepartment YouTube
RaceDepartment Twitter
RaceDepartment Facebook
RaceDepartment Twitch

RaceDepartment Instagram

Have you tried the new content yet? What are your impressions? Let us know in the comments section below!

Last edited:
Are the hdv files for these cars accessible? I normally like to tweak a few things for longer endurance races offline, but I don't seem to be able to access them through the MAS tool. Are the locked away?

Off topic....hardly any whinging about the price...if this was a Raceroom thread , there would be one post about how the cars perform and 100 complaining about the sales model.
RF2 DLC are not cheap, but the price is fair, as is content in Raceroom. It costs money to develop this stuff. I think the "Free to Play" idea brings out the cheapskates. :)

Honestly I have no idea why people complain about RR model, being able to "build your own game" is great, and for online racing RR has the best way to do it, I wish rF2 would follow.
And then for the price of one rF2 DLC I buy like 19 tracks in RR and just need to buy one car to race online :rolleyes:
Funny thing is that RR player base is even smaller than rF2

Honestly I have no idea why people complain about RR model, being able to "build your own game" is great, and for online racing RR has the best way to do it, I wish rF2 would follow.
And then for the price of one rF2 DLC I buy like 19 tracks in RR and just need to buy one car to race online :rolleyes:
main issue for majority is how they handle packs (especially infamous premium one)

The premium pack is weird because of content added after you buy it but in the end it's just a big discount to buy everything released at that point what makes sense to me at least
but honestly if you dont need the whole content (most people wont need) their model works just fine.

The problem with RR is that buying is the only way to add more content while in rF2 you still have free mods, official content, and so on... but I was thinking about this the other day, it somehow bothers me that I see a price tag on every single piece of content for RR (although the game has already some free cars and tracks). The thing is that I have bought DLCs for both games (nearly the same amount of money) but I still consider RR more expensive in the long run than rF2 just because I cannot add more tracks or cars without paying.

@Will Mazeo Well, I don't disagree with you, but to be fair, it's not exactly like you said. For the price of one rF2 you can get Euro Track pack (it actually costs 2300vrp which is more than either GT3 or Endurance pack), but no cars. All but one (HK FormulaE track) rF2 tracks are free, so for the price of one rF2 DLC you get awesome cars that you can enjoy on all tracks. So in fact RR can be more expensive. I'm splitting hairs though :p

I don't mind RR model. It suits me fine, and I agree that developing new content or ironing out bugs costs money. I encourage people to support their favorite sim by buying content. Studios need money to keep working on improving their sims.

I've said it many times: when you look how much simracers spend on their rigs, cost of software is peanuts, especially considering how many hours of entertainment we can get from a single title. New RR car costs as much as one coffee. ONE COFFEE! It's ridiculous, and yet some of us complain. :speechless: Yes, it can add up quickly, but you can buy one car at a time if you're on a budget, drive its wheels off, buy another coffee... ups, I meant car :p.

From the free tracks in rF2 (stock content) only Silverstone and Indy are relevant, maybe Lime Rock too.
Also let's wait to see how much Sebring will cost ;)
RR still have the best model out there that gives you a good amount of quality content.
(too many mods in rF2 have bad quality, inconsistent looks/performance or are ripped from other games, so I dont get into this to compare)
I also didn't say RR is cheap, I said it's fair. Ofc RR will end up being more expensive, it has a lot more licensed content...

Last edited:
I bought the pack and i'm loving it. But..
I hope honestly that some day RF2 will find a way to get out of this mods galore wich at this point is harming the sim itself. I'm always grateful to the people that is sparing their free time,but..
There are several versions of the tracks online,some are horrible to the point of straining the eyes, some are fantastic to the point that it seems you are racing a brand new sim.
The workshop is full of outdated content and finding the good stuff to download is really annoying. DX9, DX11 updated texture and so on..
Furthermore the fact that the sim has no official versions of the tracks makes everything confusing if we compare how things are getting done in the modern sims.
Don't get me wrong, i still think RF2 is unmatched when driving, but i hope for a radical change on how the content is produced/handled.

Last edited:
I hope honestly that some day RF2 will find a way to get out of this mods galore wich at this point is harming the sim itself. I'm always grateful to the people that is sparing their free time,but..
There are several versions of the tracks online,some are horrible to the point of straining the eyes, some are fantastic to the point that it seems you are racing a brand new sim.
The workshop is full of outdated content and finding the good stuff to download is really annoying. DX9, DX11 updated texture and so on..
Furthermore the fact that the sim has no official versions of the tracks makes everything confusing if we compare how things are getting done in the modern sims.
Don't get me wrong, i still think RF2 is unmatched when driving, but i hope for a radical change on how the content is produced/handled.
Yep, I suggested something that could deal with this, the super free modding platform changed and the modding part should not be as open now if they are investing so much in the product.
I dont see anything being done in that aspect anyway so not holding my breath. I wonder if this sim has any destiny set, sometimes look like a loose boat in the ocean lol but I understand devs cant tell the full plan, I just hope they have a good one :)

And all these sims are cheaper than golf or skiing!
Or even "entry-level" autocross... set of Bridgestone Potenza RE-71R tires for one season in a stock Ford Focus ST = US $735 plus mounting & balancing (and I don't want to think how much I just spent for the car or the extra set of rims or the fuel to go to events). Still, though, I won't pay iRacing's subscription!

In between weekends, however, I'll be back to driving the GTEs.

Not sure what you mean by no official versions. There are about 20 official tracks in rF2, they are in the Studio 397 workshop. Those are all tracks built in-studio and updated to DX11 etc. and you get all those for free unlike in other sims.

Not sure what you mean by no official versions. There are about 20 official tracks in rF2, they are in the Studio 397 workshop. Those are all tracks built in-studio and updated to DX11 etc. and you get all those for free unlike in other sims.
And what that is supposed to mean ? Of course i was referring to "main stream" tracks. That Rf2 has only available through modding.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back