RaceRoom Racing Experience WTCR 2018 Released

Paul Jeffrey

Premium
RaceRoom DLC 5.jpg RaceRoom DLC Release 1.jpg RaceRoom DLC Release 2.jpg RaceRoom DLC Release 4.jpg RaceRoom DLC Release 6.jpg RaceRoom DLC Release 7.jpg
RaceRoom Racing Experience has returned from maintenance with seven new cars available to purchase.. the 2018 FIA WTCR is here!

We've heard plenty about these new cars on the build up to release, and now finally we have the opportunity to take them out on the virtual circuits in RaceRoom Racing Experience. Featuring seven brands of car from VW, Audi, Alfa Romeo, Peugeot, Hyundai, Honda and Seat, the new WTCR pack comes with 25 liveries and can be purchased from the RaceRoom Racing Experience store for £13.34, or individual cars can be purchased separately for £3.55.

Update details:
Download size = 634 MB
Client version = 0.3.0.6416
Client BuildID = 3033701
Dedi version = 45.0.695
Dedi BuildID = 3033704

Content:
  • Alfa Romeo Giulietta TCR
  • Audi RS 3 LMS
  • Honda Civic TCR
  • Hyundai i30 N TCR
  • Peugeot 308 TCR
  • Seat Cupra TCR
  • Volkswagen Golf GTI TCR

Game:
  • Added "Launch Control" key mapping. WTCR cars are currently the only cars featuring it.

Usually releasing alongside a game update, Sector3 have confirmed that on this occasion the regular update will likely appear late March or early September, leaving todays update with "just" the new DLC and a new "launch control" option that works with the new car set.

RaceRoom Racing Experience is a free to play racing simulation from Sector3 Studios.

RaceRoom DLC Release 3.jpg

If you like RaceRoom and want to keep up to date with all the latest news and discussions, head on over to the RaceRoom Racing Experience sub forum. We host a whole range of top quality club racing events in our Racing Club, plus we offer a great place to hang out and discuss the game with your fellow R3E fans. Pop over and say hello today!

Like what you see here at RaceDepartment? Don't forget to like, subscribe and follow us on social media!

Have you tried the new DLC yet? What is your first impression of the new pack? Which car is your favourite ? Let us know in the comments section below!

Man I'm tired today from staying up all night with this DLC! The character they each have is amazing, they're all so much different (man does the Alfa suck with my driving style). FFB is excellent as well. Can't wait to get home and drive these. It was well worth buying.

If only they'd do a retro 90s BTCC pack!

You seem to be falling into the same trap most people who only play 1 sim fall into when trying another one. Namely, they want to make the FFB as close to what they already know, without wanting to experience something too different from what they are familiar with. And then most people only try a new sim for an hour and call it quits. When in reality it takes far longer to understand all the intricacies and subtleties being on offer.

Every game out there does FFB based on physics. There is no canned FFB, but there is some canned effects in every sim which you can choose to use or disable.

And like every other sim too, FFB is highly dependent on the wheel you use. I mean, why would a T150 or G27 use the same FFB settings as a Bodnar wheel?

In the end, FFB is mostly about preference. So, the default profiles are there to get you started, and the various options are there so you can tweak things to how you want them to feel. Some people want to feel understeer more easily, some dont want to at all. Some people want to feel all the bumps in the road, some dont care. Etc.

As @Martin Fiala already mentioned though, if you want to avoid 'canned' effects, just dont use much of the bottom 4 settings. Kerb, engine, collision, and slip iirc.

Sorry, but the items in the "Steering force settings" should not be wheel-dependent, except the overall strength and low forces percentages. They are not about personal preference; they are either using the physics coming from the car and track, or they are distorting it in some way. Sorry, but I agree with Reiza and ISI/S397 on this one--no need to have those adjustments available to the end user.

Lots of other things are open to personal preference, but that section should be optimized for realism and locked-down. Instead, you have to fiddle and experiment for who knows how long to find the proper "default" settings (all 100%; all 50%??--unfortunately various schemes have been used in the past for the rFactor engine).

Last edited:
Sorry, but I agree with Reiza and ISI/S397 on this one--no need to have those adjustments available to the end user.

You do know that the exact same settings are available in AMS right? With rF2 also having a number of the same settings available in both AMS and RR.

Lots of other things are open to personal preference, but that section should be optimized for realism and locked-down. Instead, you have to fiddle and experiment for who knows how long to find the proper "default" settings

Isnt that what the listed default settings are for then? :O_o:

1. Has Raceroom implemented offline multiclass racing?
Negative

2. Are there full course yellows?
Negative. Although yellow flag zones occur in an area around where an incident takes place.

You are restricted to just that one track. If you want to drive them on other tracks, buy them.

Basically this. :p

If they let you pick and choose what track you did a test drive on... why would you buy the track when you could just test drive on it instead? RR Raceway is plenty good enough to get a feel for the cars and how they drive.

From an AC fanboy, I'm must say I was impressed by the quality of this pack (sound, control, setup reactions, and more).:thumbsup:
I'm telling me, hey maybe I can give another try to RRE!
I just went online and these a poor server choice... Tryed two of them and holy crap it was a wreckfest :thumbsdown:
Not enough people on Sim racing system too I think?:unsure:
I mean its sad because this simulation starting to do really well...

Sorry, but the items in the "Steering force settings" should not be wheel-dependent, except the overall strength and low forces percentages. They are not about personal preference; they are either using the physics coming from the car and track, or they are distorting it in some way.
Lots of other things are open to personal preference, but that section should be optimized for realism and locked-down.
No, they should not be locked down. How many wheels have you owned? They are all different and they all feel completely different, meaning different settings are needed in order to get a similar "feel" across them. As already mentioned, the defaults are generally very good in R3E and are what the developers consider to be optimal. Whether it's optimal for you and me or not is a different matter, because FFB is completely subjective. This is obvious by the wildly differing opinions on which sim has the best feeling FFB... everybody has their own opinion.

Besides that, the reality is that FFB is not necessarily about making things feel "realistic". The "reality" is that in a modern car you get very little feedback from the wheel, so if that was all we were getting it would be very hard to work out what our sim-cars were doing. FFB is supposed to be trying to make up for all the other forces we aren't getting to help us determine car behaviour, and that means giving us forces that we would never normally feel. How many and how strong those forces are is, you guessed it, personal preference.

So yeah, options are a good thing and I really don't think that a few people being too lazy to optimise them to their own personal preferences is a good reason to lock the rest of us out from adjusting them.

Not looking for any validation on my purchase, I own ALL sims so not looking to point score or piss on any other titles.....

But for me this is an utterly sublime add on.
I do love FWD touring cars, i have never raced one but i have driven a FWD racing car at Silverstone in a test session.

The RRE WTCC were a stand out and now these cars are the top of the top. Almost perfect, the way they react on track and the feel, its so so convincing and satisfying...

Love love love it!

And the Hyundi is the stand out car handling wise. That car for an hour around Brands Hatch was worth the £12 alone...

The first club event for these beauties is scheduled for next Tuesday. And Thursday. And Sunday. A full week of WTCR! Come and join the fun! :thumbsup:
Might well have to do that, these are so much fun, pain is but an after thought, trickiest decision is choosing ones weapon, light nimble Alpha, lively Cupra, stable Hyundi..................................... :confused: decisions, decisions. Just hope I don't do myself mischief by over doing it, WTCR are addictive, in fact, I'm off for another few laps! :thumbsup:

From an AC fanboy, I'm must say I was impressed by the quality of this pack (sound, control, setup reactions, and more).:thumbsup:
I'm telling me, hey maybe I can give another try to RRE!
I just went online and these a poor server choice... Tryed two of them and holy crap it was a wreckfest :thumbsdown:
Not enough people on Sim racing system too I think?:unsure:
I mean its sad because this simulation starting to do really well...
Like you, beside RR I drive AC (and only these two).
My advise would be to give the AI a chance, preferrably in one of those cars that got the latest physics GTR1,2,3, Porsche Cayman CS, Porsche Carrera Cup, Pagani Zonda cup, FR Jr, DTM 95 Merc.), or the DTM 2016. You might be surprised. The AI is as reliable in situational awareness like you use to know from AC, but it is more fighting, less pacifistic than in AC. Expect them to trade gentle bumps and passionate kisses occasionally. Nothing that qualifies for "the AI shot me off the track", but just good old fashioned "racing".

As long as you are no superfast alien driver, I mean. I have the AI at 97.

Also, do a race with mandatory pit stops. Its so lovely to see how the roster gets remixed and how the hectic breaks out once the frenzy starts. :)

Last edited:
Like you, beside RR I drive AC (and only these two).
My advise would be to give the AI a chance, preferrably in one of those cars that got the latest physics GTR1,2,3, Porsche Cayman CS, Porsche Carrera Cup, Pagani Zonda cup, FR Jr, DTM 95 Merc.), or the DTM 2016. You might be surprised. The AI is as reliable in situational awareness like you use to know from AC, but it is more fighting, less pacifistic than in AC. Expect them to trade gentle bumps and passionate kisses occasionally. Nothing that qualifies for "the AI shot me off the track", but just good old fashioned "racing".

As long as you are no superfast alien driver, I mean. I have the AI at 97.

Also, do a race with mandatory pit stops. Its so lovely to see how the roster gets remixed and how the hectic breaks out once the frenzy starts. :)
Will try that my friend! Thx for giving me light in this dark AI world. I guess the racing here on the league will be the best bet!

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back