RaceRoom Racing Experience WTCR 2018 Released

Paul Jeffrey

Premium
RaceRoom DLC 5.jpg RaceRoom DLC Release 1.jpg RaceRoom DLC Release 2.jpg RaceRoom DLC Release 4.jpg RaceRoom DLC Release 6.jpg RaceRoom DLC Release 7.jpg
RaceRoom Racing Experience has returned from maintenance with seven new cars available to purchase.. the 2018 FIA WTCR is here!

We've heard plenty about these new cars on the build up to release, and now finally we have the opportunity to take them out on the virtual circuits in RaceRoom Racing Experience. Featuring seven brands of car from VW, Audi, Alfa Romeo, Peugeot, Hyundai, Honda and Seat, the new WTCR pack comes with 25 liveries and can be purchased from the RaceRoom Racing Experience store for £13.34, or individual cars can be purchased separately for £3.55.

Update details:
Download size = 634 MB
Client version = 0.3.0.6416
Client BuildID = 3033701
Dedi version = 45.0.695
Dedi BuildID = 3033704

Content:
  • Alfa Romeo Giulietta TCR
  • Audi RS 3 LMS
  • Honda Civic TCR
  • Hyundai i30 N TCR
  • Peugeot 308 TCR
  • Seat Cupra TCR
  • Volkswagen Golf GTI TCR

Game:
  • Added "Launch Control" key mapping. WTCR cars are currently the only cars featuring it.

Usually releasing alongside a game update, Sector3 have confirmed that on this occasion the regular update will likely appear late March or early September, leaving todays update with "just" the new DLC and a new "launch control" option that works with the new car set.

RaceRoom Racing Experience is a free to play racing simulation from Sector3 Studios.

RaceRoom DLC Release 3.jpg

If you like RaceRoom and want to keep up to date with all the latest news and discussions, head on over to the RaceRoom Racing Experience sub forum. We host a whole range of top quality club racing events in our Racing Club, plus we offer a great place to hang out and discuss the game with your fellow R3E fans. Pop over and say hello today!

Like what you see here at RaceDepartment? Don't forget to like, subscribe and follow us on social media!

Have you tried the new DLC yet? What is your first impression of the new pack? Which car is your favourite ? Let us know in the comments section below!

Watching one of my replays I was really scared witless by the whiplashes the Golf TCR can give you while shifting down.
Have a listen: (and ignore my exquisite lawnmowing technique)

but in general, even at low rpm it just sounds so mean.

Something wonky is probably going on if you are only getting 50% on the FFB meter on the default profile :p

The default gain for the T300 is 100%, and even with 70% steering force, that is more than plenty to be maxing out the graph.
I really don't know what to tell you. I've tried it several times, I even checked the default profile files to see if the game is applying the correct ones. I also tried to make the game use the TS PC profile instead of the T300 one, but then again it's basically the same at the T300 one anyway.

I guess I can try a completely new user profile, just to be sure, that's the only thing that could make a difference I guess. But I'm certainly not aware of anything I could've done that would have an impact on this.

Those are not for rF2 and they are hidden settings in AMS loose files that are not intended to ever be adjusted by users. Reiza adises never to touch them. There is no UI access to them, nor is any needed because the Reiza settings work perfectly out of the box.

The one issue requested was a low forces slider (also in R3E) that has subsequently been added to AMS.

I am sure @natedogg1867 will be able to tell us where they are, though...

they are hidden settings in AMS loose files that are not intended to ever be adjusted by users. Reiza adises never to touch them. There is no UI access to them, nor is any needed because the Reiza settings work perfectly out of the box.

They are "not intended to ever be adjusted" and "Reiza settings work perfectly out of the box", and yet here we have a long post from Niels Heusinkveld himself, talking about how a lot of the FFB stuff is just guesswork based on preference, explaining what each of the adjustable parameters do and also giving his recommendations on how to adjust them, and, more importantly, what settings he personally prefers. Apparently he's a lot less definitive about the FFB settings being perfect and not needing any personalized adjustments than you are...

HungAroring... again

Hungry Hungary ;)

Those are not for rF2 and they are hidden settings in AMS loose files that are not intended to ever be adjusted by users. Reiza adises never to touch them. There is no UI access to them, nor is any needed because the Reiza settings work perfectly out of the box.

In case it wasn't obvious from Martin's post: Niels_At_home is the Reiza physics developer, who, amongst other things, is responsible for the force feedback settings of the game.

They are "not intended to ever be adjusted" and "Reiza settings work perfectly out of the box", and yet here we have a long post from Niels Heusinkveld himself, talking about how a lot of the FFB stuff is just guesswork based on preference, explaining what each of the adjustable parameters do and also giving his recommendations on how to adjust them, and, more importantly, what settings he personally prefers. Apparently he's a lot less definitive about the FFB settings being perfect and not needing any personalized adjustments than you are...

Post is three years old--prior to AMS. Neils is not Reiza. Reiza is clear that these are not to be adjusted, which is why they are not in the UI. They have made about 50 changes to the UI for many other reasons, so this isn't an rF2 scenario with an outdated/dysfunctional UI.

We all know Neils is a tinkerer. His tinkering led to the finalized settings and many other wonderful aspects of AMS.

And no, Realfeel settings are not the same as core FFB programming.

And, no evidence from rF2.

ISI/S397 (and Reiza) thinks these things should not be fiddled with. Good enough for me.

The pages of people struggling with R3E or PCars needlessly complicated FFB speaks for itself. Yes, one or two of us sim freakoids might get a slightly better personal opinion of the feel by fiddling, the other 99.9% are bewildered and are more than likely using sub-optimal settings as a result. That alone is reason not to make them available in my view.

ISI/S397 (and Reiza) thinks these things should not be fiddled with. Good enough for me.

If this were even remotely true, why do both allow you to make any changes whatsoever in some .rcs files then? They would lock it down more closely to what AC does.

You should get in touch with Renato and lobby him to remove all ControlSet.rcs files from AMS because you dont like having the options available. :)

I really don't know what to tell you. I've tried it several times, I even checked the default profile files to see if the game is applying the correct ones. I also tried to make the game use the TS PC profile instead of the T300 one, but then again it's basically the same at the T300 one anyway.

I guess I can try a completely new user profile, just to be sure, that's the only thing that could make a difference I guess. But I'm certainly not aware of anything I could've done that would have an impact on this.

I imagine it doesnt really matter at all if you like the settings you are using, which is really the only thing that matters. :)

I know on my T300 and TS-PC, the default profiles are more than enough to get well into the clipping range. Maybe you were testing with cars that you previously lowered the car specific ffb multiplier on?

Anyways, using higher steering and vert forces previously was moreso just a way to amplify what was a bit numb on the 'old' physics and before the FFB updates that came along. If that still works now, well... no harm, no foul.

I know on my T300 and TS-PC, the default profiles are more than enough to get well into the clipping range. Maybe you were testing with cars that you previously lowered the car specific ffb multiplier on?
Nope, made sure everything is set to default. I'm actually in the process of reinstalling Raceroom completely, because, while you're certainly right that it's the end result that matters, I would still like to understand how the same thing could produce two wildly different results (and there obviously might be more people not getting the result they should).

If this were even remotely true, why do both allow you to make any changes whatsoever in some .rcs files then? They would lock it down more closely to what AC does.

You should get in touch with Renato and lobby him to remove all ControlSet.rcs files from AMS because you dont like having the options available. :)

I imagine it doesnt really matter at all if you like the settings you are using, which is really the only thing that matters. :)

Anyways, using higher steering and vert forces previously was moreso just a way to amplify what was a bit numb on the 'old' physics and before the FFB updates that came along. If that still works now, well... no harm, no foul.

Last message from me on this:

Fiddling with loose files as a modder or tweaker is not the same as offering UI-based sliders or adjustments for normal users of your product. R3E and PCars have them. rF2 and AMS do not. Period.

Car-specific FFB adjustment is a great feature. Does R3E have it?

And lastly, for the umpteenth time, this has nothing to do with whether I like certain settings or not. It's about offering too much adjust-ability that is poorly understood by the majority (and debated ad nauseum even by the experts), probably needless if cars were programmed consistently, and therefore resulting in a net dis-benefit (in my opinion).

What I am noticing is that some of these cars are rather different from one-another. I can't for the life of me figure out how to make the 308 do the things I want to do, but the Hyundai just goes where I point it. The Volkswagen seems a little bit more temperemental, but slightly more agile as well.

Anyone else developing favorites?

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 103 8.0%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 134 10.3%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 185 14.3%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 363 28.0%
  • 100% offline racing