RaceRoom Racing Experience WTCR 2018 Released

Paul Jeffrey

Premium
RaceRoom DLC 5.jpg RaceRoom DLC Release 1.jpg RaceRoom DLC Release 2.jpg RaceRoom DLC Release 4.jpg RaceRoom DLC Release 6.jpg RaceRoom DLC Release 7.jpg
RaceRoom Racing Experience has returned from maintenance with seven new cars available to purchase.. the 2018 FIA WTCR is here!

We've heard plenty about these new cars on the build up to release, and now finally we have the opportunity to take them out on the virtual circuits in RaceRoom Racing Experience. Featuring seven brands of car from VW, Audi, Alfa Romeo, Peugeot, Hyundai, Honda and Seat, the new WTCR pack comes with 25 liveries and can be purchased from the RaceRoom Racing Experience store for £13.34, or individual cars can be purchased separately for £3.55.

Update details:
Download size = 634 MB
Client version = 0.3.0.6416
Client BuildID = 3033701
Dedi version = 45.0.695
Dedi BuildID = 3033704

Content:
  • Alfa Romeo Giulietta TCR
  • Audi RS 3 LMS
  • Honda Civic TCR
  • Hyundai i30 N TCR
  • Peugeot 308 TCR
  • Seat Cupra TCR
  • Volkswagen Golf GTI TCR

Game:
  • Added "Launch Control" key mapping. WTCR cars are currently the only cars featuring it.

Usually releasing alongside a game update, Sector3 have confirmed that on this occasion the regular update will likely appear late March or early September, leaving todays update with "just" the new DLC and a new "launch control" option that works with the new car set.

RaceRoom Racing Experience is a free to play racing simulation from Sector3 Studios.

RaceRoom DLC Release 3.jpg

If you like RaceRoom and want to keep up to date with all the latest news and discussions, head on over to the RaceRoom Racing Experience sub forum. We host a whole range of top quality club racing events in our Racing Club, plus we offer a great place to hang out and discuss the game with your fellow R3E fans. Pop over and say hello today!

Like what you see here at RaceDepartment? Don't forget to like, subscribe and follow us on social media!

Have you tried the new DLC yet? What is your first impression of the new pack? Which car is your favourite ? Let us know in the comments section below!

And lastly, for the umpteenth time, this has nothing to do with whether I like certain settings or not. It's about offering too much adjust-ability that is poorly understood by the majority (and debated ad nauseum even by the experts), probably needless if cars were programmed consistently, and therefore resulting in a net dis-benefit (in my opinion).
I now get it, you would like every Sim to be made by AMS developers and everyone to use the same wheel as you. :cool:

Favorite? I'm cheap. And between jobs until late September.

I bought the Hyundai and this pack is sheer fun. Sonoma is a great track to learn the front drivers. Ups, downs, off camber turns, and banging door handles with VWs, and Alfas .

I find one click less on rear compression, rebound, and springs keeps the Hyundai from snapping loose. Of course, the exact opposite may work for others?

I bought the Hyundai and this pack is sheer fun. Sonoma is a great track to learn the front drivers. Ups, downs, off camber turns, and banging door handles with VWs, and Alfas .

I find one click less on rear compression, rebound, and springs keeps the Hyundai from snapping loose. Of course, the exact opposite may work for others?

Laguna Seca and Bathurst were the circuits to go for me to experience some ups and downs with the WTCR content, and losing the rear end after the Conrod straight at high speed was really a problem...

Do these cars have downshift prevention in real life? Biggest pain in the backside ever especially when you go for a late move you just can't get the car out of the corner because you end up in a too high gear

Sector 3 have acknowledged this in a post on their forum they have said they were under real pressure from wtcr to get it finished so all cars will be updated with the correct dashes in patches

I think you are mistaken with that. Right now, only the Honda is getting a different Motec.

Quote from J-F:

"The Honda should indeed use the C127 from MoTec, and it will.

You have a point that we had a tight deadline to meet and we had to get the cars done very quick. Considering this, I still tip my hat to our artists who really did a great job under immense pressure for delivery.
We have a list of art things that will be adressed in a post-release patch. Some glowing elements in cockpits, an Alfa window net sitting too low, a wrong data display brand in the Honda, etc."

@Danny O'Neill If by "DLC WTCR" you mean the 2018 WTCR car pack, then no, it doesn't come with any tracks, it is a car pack. See also the "Content" section of this article or mentions like "RaceRoom Racing Experience has returned from maintenance with seven new cars available to purchase".

You can also buy the cars individually if you like, you don't have to buy them all.

The 2018 WTCR calendar is for example here:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2018_World_Touring_Car_Cup#Calendar

Six of the 2018 tracks are currently available in Raceroom.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 233 14.7%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 162 10.2%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 158 10.0%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 119 7.5%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 225 14.2%