RaceRoom Racing Experience WTCR 2018 Released

Paul Jeffrey

Premium
RaceRoom DLC 5.jpg RaceRoom DLC Release 1.jpg RaceRoom DLC Release 2.jpg RaceRoom DLC Release 4.jpg RaceRoom DLC Release 6.jpg RaceRoom DLC Release 7.jpg
RaceRoom Racing Experience has returned from maintenance with seven new cars available to purchase.. the 2018 FIA WTCR is here!

We've heard plenty about these new cars on the build up to release, and now finally we have the opportunity to take them out on the virtual circuits in RaceRoom Racing Experience. Featuring seven brands of car from VW, Audi, Alfa Romeo, Peugeot, Hyundai, Honda and Seat, the new WTCR pack comes with 25 liveries and can be purchased from the RaceRoom Racing Experience store for £13.34, or individual cars can be purchased separately for £3.55.

Update details:
Download size = 634 MB
Client version = 0.3.0.6416
Client BuildID = 3033701
Dedi version = 45.0.695
Dedi BuildID = 3033704

Content:
  • Alfa Romeo Giulietta TCR
  • Audi RS 3 LMS
  • Honda Civic TCR
  • Hyundai i30 N TCR
  • Peugeot 308 TCR
  • Seat Cupra TCR
  • Volkswagen Golf GTI TCR

Game:
  • Added "Launch Control" key mapping. WTCR cars are currently the only cars featuring it.

Usually releasing alongside a game update, Sector3 have confirmed that on this occasion the regular update will likely appear late March or early September, leaving todays update with "just" the new DLC and a new "launch control" option that works with the new car set.

RaceRoom Racing Experience is a free to play racing simulation from Sector3 Studios.

RaceRoom DLC Release 3.jpg

If you like RaceRoom and want to keep up to date with all the latest news and discussions, head on over to the RaceRoom Racing Experience sub forum. We host a whole range of top quality club racing events in our Racing Club, plus we offer a great place to hang out and discuss the game with your fellow R3E fans. Pop over and say hello today!

Like what you see here at RaceDepartment? Don't forget to like, subscribe and follow us on social media!

Have you tried the new DLC yet? What is your first impression of the new pack? Which car is your favourite ? Let us know in the comments section below!

Just to add a bit to the praise, I only had the chance to test the cars in the store so far (except for the Audi, which I've driven in the competition before and enjoyed it a lot) and only for about half an hour overall, and they're indeed very nice and fun to drive. It will be very hard to pick just one or two, they're all great in their own way. I'm not that big of a FWD fan, but they seem to handle well and seem to be exactly the right amount of tricky to drive while not becoming frustrating (which was an issue I had with the newer WTCC's in the past for me, though I've been enjoying them a lot more lately).

Of course, I never expected anything less from S3 :)

After giving them a few laps, how would you compare them to the WTCC cars? From Test Drive, they seem a bit more stable. I do like the WTCC cars, so I'm sure I will get one of these....most likely the VW as I have a Golf and can practice left foot braking on the way to school pickup....ha ha.

After giving them a few laps, how would you compare them to the WTCC cars? From Test Drive, they seem a bit more stable. I do like the WTCC cars, so I'm sure I will get one of these....most likely the VW as I have a Golf and can practice left foot braking on the way to school pickup....ha ha.
Pretty much identical even down to the collision physics.
It takes some getting used to, but they are a lot of fun

Last edited:
Had money for just two cars now, so after deep thought I got the 308 and the Civic. Both are good cars, but I felt that the 308 is a bit nervous at the rear end, which is why I'll probably stick to the Honda for now.

The whole package is a bless and the price isn't that high, it practically brought me back to R3E after stopped playing it for a while.

Mate, I am the same as you. Hadn't played RRE for ages. Sooooooo what do I do? go crazy and buy the Alfa, VW and Road America track (totally unrelated to WTCR but coz I can). It's only money......lol

Last edited:
I wouldn't call them identical (again, from what I've been able to try). I think they're more controllable (might be the handling, might also be the force feedback) - I've been able to catch some quite serious oversteer, unlike with WTCC's. And they generally drive/feel somewhat differently to me, though it's quite hard to describe exactly why/how.

But again, limited time spent with them so far.

Amazing pack, took some time to get use to the cars as I drive mostly rear wheel drive GT3 cars, but wow, once you figure out how to manage the understeer/oversteer of these cars what a blast to drive. If I have any grips it would be the VW engine sounds seem too low, especially when downshifting and the rear mirror placement of the Honda, just minor grips and nothing major.

Such a pleasant experience it was to drive these cars today. so far i have tested all of them except the seat thing and the Audi:D

i love the Hyundai , like Peugeot hate Honda (but it's the fastest car for me, so doesn't matter i will drive it most of the time lol )

also i have to drive with the lowest FFB-strength possible as i can't drive with normal amount of FFB strength , but they are still good with low FFB strength.

For my level of skill they are easy to control and the best thing about them is they are slower than GT3s and other sport cars that i used to race with , so no one can lap me twice with WTCR :D:p

• Deleted member 6919

Yeh can't remember which now but either the Golf or the Peugeot the down shift audio is so low you just can't work out if you have down shifted, apart from visually looking, also it's like there is much engine braking as well, but that might be a placebo effect of the audio..

I purchased the whole pack yesterday, including all the skins, I could hardly believe the cost, some 55% discount for purchasing the whole set, this works out to be something like £2.00 per car, including all the skins to that car, making this an exceptionally priced DLC (IMO)

Sadly, I have not had a chance yet to drive any of them, but I know I will not be disappointed :thumbsup:

Well, the base game is free, you can test every single car in the game before buying for however long you like, so...try it yourself :)

I'll admit to stupidity here--how do you do this?

When I log in to the Website/store, every panel is clickable except the Test Driving one. It has a nice large and bold message stating :

ANY CAR, ANY TIME
YOU CAN TEST DRIVE ANY CAR TO HELP YOUR PURCHASING DECISION

But it is not clear to me how you actually do this.

When I log in to the Website/store, every panel is clickable except the Test Driving one.
I tested some cars yesterday and a few hours later i wanted to try another and the option was greyed out. Maybe a temporary problem.

I would also suggest to update the Raceroom-track or do the test-drive on another one. Very flat track not up to the standard and some cars i didn't like test driving were much better later on a newer track.

I'll admit to stupidity here--how do you do this?

When I log in to the Website/store, every panel is clickable except the Test Driving one. It has a nice large and bold message stating :

ANY CAR, ANY TIME
YOU CAN TEST DRIVE ANY CAR TO HELP YOUR PURCHASING DECISION

But it is not clear to me how you actually do this.
As mentioned, go to the store (in-game), pick the car of your choice and there should be an option to Test Drive next to where the Buy button is. Then you can test drive the car around Raceroom Raceway for up to 24 hours at a time. There's no real lap timing available in this mode, but the clock is still running, so you can either look at the car dashboard to get an idea of your times, or you can use an external app - for example, Crew Chief still tells you your times on crossing the finish line every time, even in this mode.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back