Race Department Racing Manager - Season 1

Would you like to see pace modes added after Jeddah?

• FOR (I want pace modes)

Votes: 3 30.0%
  • AGAINST (I don't want pace modes)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • ABSTAIN

Votes: 3 30.0%
  • PARTIALLY FOR (I want only the tyre saving mode)

Votes: 4 40.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Will we get weather forcast, like heavy rain chance % at lap etc?
No.
Only what I said "rain will get heavy in the first few laps"
I obviously know the cutoff point but it's no fun just telling you the cutoff point ;) that's why I also gave you the tyre slowdown so you can guess for yourself where the cutoff is.

Last edited:
Imola Sprint - Lap 1
1654191661953.png

Russell has a great start, as he gets up to P3, and then defends very well from the Red Nights.
Traffic looks to have affected much of the intermediate runners, as Russell slows down the pack quite a fair bit.
Rain has already started getting heavier. Norris retains his lead on wets.
Stroll looks to have made the first mistake of the race, as he drops to the last position.

Next update is until lap 2 (one lap). Tell me if you want to switch or wait for a bit longer.
Deadline: June 4th, 19:00 CEST

Last edited:
How is Russell purple if he is 3rd on last lap graph?
There's a bug in calculating the fastest lap. I haven't had time to look into it but so far it hasn't affected the outcome of the fastest lap.
If it stays like this due to the weather, I will do a manual correction.
edit: right now fastest lap is Norris, 1:45.853, but I believe it will be beaten

Last edited:
Imola Sprint Lap 2
1654366247836.png

Some teams opt to pit on this update, as the rain behins to fall very heavily now, some teams are left caught out by the sudden shower. Vettel had a slow stop to add to his misery.
Russell sets the fastest lap on wets, and I don't think it's getting beaten as the track is only going to get more wet.

Next update is again, one lap.
Deadline June 6th 19:00 CEST

Last edited:
Imola Sprint - Lap 3
1654442096126.png

Norris manages to sneak the fastest lap, as the rain actually slows down a little bit, however it's still predicted to continue until the end.
All of the intermediate runners have pitted, and it was a big loss for them as they will be on the back foot for the race as well.

Pretty much only need pace-modes if you want to use any, and I will go until lap 15. A reminder that the wet tyres last 32 laps.
Deadline: June 6th 18:00 (1 day)

Last edited:
Imola Sprint Laps 4-12
4.PNG

We do get a change in fastest lap after all, as Max is able to get it on the fresh wets.
8.PNG

Stroll makes a massive mistake, and has actually crashed out.
12.PNG

And the crash causes only a virtual safety car, so I decided to stop the update early.
I doubt much will change with the VSC, but I will allow you all to change pace modes again. Update runs until and including lap 21.
Deadline: June 7th 19:00 CEST

Last edited:
Imola Sprint Laps 13-21
13.PNG
17.PNG
Verstappen crashes out, and he will have a hard time starting the race tomorrow from 17th place.
VSC makes a second appearance.
21.PNG

Leclerc steals the fastest lap at the end. But I don't think they gave out points for sprint race FLs?

I haven't yet decided on the PP rewards for the sprint, but I think it's fairest to not give rewards for the sprint at all, since the drivers will get rewards in the race anyway.
WEATHER REPORT: The race will be mostly dry. May see some rain at the end, or even a wet podium, so far it's unknown if the rain will arrive in time to affect the race.
STRATEGY REPORT: Potential strategies for a dry race (the soft stint may need tyre saving to reach these laps):
image.jpg

Until all red bars:
Soft - 19 laps
Medium - 32 laps
Hard - 41 laps

Need starting tyres, and the first update runs until lap 17.
Deadline: June 9th 23:00 CEST

Last edited:
Just to clarify guys, the sprint race is over and I'm starting the full race. :p
The grid order is the same as the sprint race finish order.
The full race starts dry so I will need the starting tyres! And obviously pace modes/pitstops if you want them.

I didn't get a lot of managers' tyres so I'm willing to extend the deadline by an additional 1 day.

Imola Full Race Laps 1-17
1.PNG

Russell takes the lead from Norris. Small collision at the start as Hulk is forced to retire.
2.PNG

Imola claims 2 more victims, this time mechanical. One of them is championship contender Leclerc.
6.PNG

Albon loses a few positions on the hard tyre.
10.PNG
17.PNG

Bottas enters the pits, as Vettel makes a mistake, albeit small. Still, this puts him out of sync with the pack.

Next update runs until lap 25.
Deadline June 11th 21:00 CEST

edit: for those that haven't seen the first race, now you will wonder what crazy things happened there...:sneaky::whistling:
I will say that there were 3 red flags and 10 DNFs and aliens invaded the track

Last edited:

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 291 15.3%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 202 10.6%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 197 10.3%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 143 7.5%