ptracker

Apps ptracker 3.4.0

Login or Register an account to download this content
I'm seeing the following non-standard configs:

ac_server_address = 192.168.178.25 # but it should be 127.0.0.1

ssl = True # but it should be false unless you configure the certificate (which you haven't)

UDP_PLUGIN_ADDRESS=127.0.0.1:50042 # usually it is something like 127.0.0.1:9602, please don't use the 50042 port which is reserved for the http server of stracker

Are you trying to use stracker in your home network? In that case, you probably will only be able to access from within your home network. You may also need to allow ports in the windows firewall.

HTH
Neys

Hi,

It's possible to display more than 30 drivers on the Standings Tower? I would need 38, is there any easy edit I can do?
I don't know anything about programming apps :p

Thanks in advance ;)

(I asked the same at AC foruns, sorry for the double post but seems over here there's more activity)

Hi guys,
I don't know if happens only to me but my Ptracker doesn't work.
I see my position always at first during a online race but I start, for example, 4th or 5th. I tried to uninstall and re-install but not solved it.

Since latest major Windows 10 update (the October one), ptracker does not run anymore, at least on my PC. It continues reporting "ptracker-server-dist returned -1" and AC therefore can't use it.

Reinstallation of clean AC (with new profile too) and ptracker didn't work (ptracker installer moaned about not being able to run while installing, by the way). No AV or firewall installed or active (neither Windows' default ones), so it does not depend on false positives.

Attaching log. Oddly enough, it seems that ptracker cannot create anymore its logs under Documents, but Assetto Corsa folder is readable and has correct permissions, so I can upload only py_log.txt. ptracker didn't even create its own folder under "Documents\Assetto Corsa\plugins\".

Attachments

• py_log.txt
    2.5 KB · Views: 398
It's probably blocked by Windows Defender then. Blame MS for that.
I disabled Windows Defender too and all its damn modules. I found the solution, though, so I write here to help those who could be in the same situation. It's Microsoft to blame, yes, but for another reason than Windows defender (Windows 10 October Update).

The problem lies with the Windows 10 October Update, the one that Microsoft blocked after finding it could delete all files in documents folder of the users but that, in my case, installed prior to Microsoft deciding to block its distribution (I didn't lose any documents, but I couldn't revert either to pre-Windows update because my backup software - Macrium - had created on Sunday a new full backup, including the infamous October Update by Microsoft).

After debugging in the past 2 days and trying all sorts of things, I noticed that none of the Assetto Corsa plugins worked, amongst those that used to read and write to the "Assetto Corsa" subfolder under main "Documents" folder of my account. This led me to suppose that some permissions of the "Documents" folder were set in a wrong way by the October Update, even though the permissions seemed to me ok (I was the owner of my "Documents" folder and I had "Total control" over it).

How did I solve? By luck, indeed. In fact, to exclude any virus or malware from my system preventing plugins to work, it happened I had installed Eset Total Security, trial version. The scan revealed the PC was clean but I noticed, in the Eset Total Security options, a tool that promised to check Windows for post-installation problems. I ran the tool, included in the aforementioned security suite, and it warned me that some system folders (it didn't tell me which) had wrong permissions, different from the default ones. I asked Eset to repair the permissions and it reported me that the operation was successfull.

Afterwards, I installed again ptracker, I received an error at the end of the installation telling me that ptracker could probably be blocked by the antivirus (now, Eset), but I simply closed the installation folder and ran Assetto Corsa withouth creating any exclusion for ptracker.exe in the security suite.

Well, Assetto Corsa started and this time, after entering the cockpit of my car, ptracker was fully working. Assetto Corsa logs are now reporting that ptracker and the other plugins CAN read and write the "Assetto Corsa" subfolder under "Documents" folder of my account. So, STAY AWAY FROM WINDOWS 10 OCTOBER UPDATE, because it messes system folder permissions (probably, an issue related to the update deleting files and folders of the account, by the way).

TL;DR: if you installed Windows 10 October Update prior to Microsoft blocking its distribution and Assetto Corsa plugins don't work anymore after the installation, uninstall every security suite you have on your system, install Eset Total Security (trial version), run the tool to "check and optimize the system", let it repair your system folder permissions and Assetto Corsa plugins will start working again!

Last edited:
Glad to have chosen Win10 Pro and using the hardest possible settings for updates. ( only the included ones, as there are maybe other ones possible ).
Mostly the big updates are done 2 or 3 months ( sometimes even more ) later.

Ok for a Early Access for games .... but not for a OS !!! .... Microsoft should not be allowed to play with a worldwide PC park !!!

Hello, good morning, I have a problem with the ptracker, it does not work, it tells me that I have installed it, but I do not have anything I have never used but it still installs the folders, so I delete them all and throw me another error. I would like to use the app
upload_2018-12-8_12-23-28.png

Could you check if the ptracker.exe is present in ...\Steam\steamapps\common\assettocorsa\apps\python\ptracker\dist\

if it installed at least a part of the app.

Just to be sure your AV didn't delete it ... as a risk. This should be of course a false positive, but this one happens regularly.

Then the best way should be to unactivate the AV just the time to install Ptracker and create a AV exception for it.

EDIT: if you have problems with the executable version .... I might send you by MP a link for a manual install version. ( prepared for JSGME but no problem to install it in a normal way. )

Last edited:
Could you check if the ptracker.exe is present in ...\Steam\steamapps\common\assettocorsa\apps\python\ptracker\dist\

if it installed at least a part of the app.

Just to be sure your AV didn't delete it ... as a risk. This should be of course a false positive, but this one happens regularly.

Then the best way should be to unactivate the AV just the time to install Ptracker and create a AV exception for it.

EDIT: if you have problems with the executable version .... I might send you by MP a link for a manual install version. ( prepared for JSGME but no problem to install it in a normal way. )

Hi,

If there is a manual-install version for use with JSGME, I'd love to use it.
If I can, is there any way to uninstall the usual exe-installed version?

Thanks!

No problem to uninstall Ptracker ... as finally exe and manual versions will install the same files. ;)
as this manual version was created with the .... exe version :D

Simply go to ../Steamapps/common/assettocorsa/apps/python ... and delete the ptracker folder.
If you mean to install Ptracker afterwards, no need to delete the used icons ... as you will use the same.
And finally, they may remain in game without any problem .... even without Ptracker.

NB: you don't need to uninstall anything in the documents/assetto corsa.
So you'll keep your local database

I'll send you a PM tomorrow as ..... :sleep::sleep: it's 2:30 AM for me now

I've installed a new SSD in my PC this week-end and made a clean install of Windows at the same moment, but now I have almost the same problem than Andrea Dido. I don't want to install Eset, but I've tried virtually everything else and nothing seems to work :cry:

Here are my logs, maybe someone can help me ?
ptracker-server[INFO ]: Log verbosity changed: 2
Waiting for 354184
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "<string>", line 5, in <module>
ImportError: No module named 'csv'
Timeout...
Timeout...
Timeout...
Timeout...
Timeout...
Timeout...
Timeout...
Parent process finished, finishing up.
Timeout...
Leaving server...
Number of server calls: 7329
Time spent : 175.168225 s
Calls per second : 41.8
Max memory usage request buffer: 45840 bytes (0.4 %)
Max memory usage answer buffer: 93208 bytes (0.9 %)

ptracker-server[INFO ]: total: calls per second: -0.0 execution times [ms]: min= 0.00, max= 24.93, avg= 0.29, median= 0.1, Q(95%)= 1.0, Q(99%)= 1.1, Q(99.9%)= 2.0, Q(99.99%)= 20.0 Q(99.999%)= 20.0 (# >= 20 ms: 1/ 7327)
ptracker-server[INFO ]: acapi: not called.
ptracker-server[INFO ]: cwait: not called.
ptracker-server[INFO ]: cproc: not called.
ptracker-server[INFO ]: ccall: not called.
ptracker-server[INFO ]: ccomm: not called.
ptracker-server[INFO ]: Track information: a2b = False, a2bOffset = 0.000000
ptracker-server[INFO ]: Generated temporary directory e:\temp\ptracker__c_3xl
ptracker-server[INFO ]: Generated temporary directory e:\temp\ptracker_browser_e3xkne
ptracker-server[INFO ]: Log file parser finished (read 1 lines).
Fatal error in ptracker-server:
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "<string>", line 236, in work
SystemExit: 0

I think I've managed to find the problem... but not the solution. When I reinstalled Windows, the folder "My documents" has been created in C:/Users/Yohann/OneDrive. But I wanted him in D:/Documents, so I changed him of place, which needed to uninstall OneDrive.

All the other programs seem to have understand this change, but not Ptracker : in my logs, in py_log, there is this message "FileNotFoundError: [Errno 2] No such file or directory: 'C:\\Users\\yohan\\OneDrive\\Documents\\Assetto Corsa/logs/ptracker-exe-stdout.txt'"

If I put a folder called Assetto Corsa in C:/Users/Yohan/OneDrive, and if I put in it a copy of my folders "Logs" and "Plugins", I don't have the message "Ptracker dist return -1", but my Ptarcker seems almost invisible on my screen, so it is far from perfect...

I hope Neys acn help me, I've lost many hours trying to find a solution but I don't know what I can do :rolleyes:

Hi,
yesterday we drove 2 races with turned grid (2* 40 minutes). The controller was automatically from the server. The display in Race 1 was still ok, but in Race 2 more than 50% of the drivers had incorrect displays in the order. Time intervals were also not displayed. So far, we have always been only with individual races, there was no problem.
Does anyone have an idea?
Thank you

Attachments

• 2races.PNG
    2races.PNG
    8.1 KB · Views: 222
Really not sure if it is the cause .... but I think the problem comes when using a time-scaled race in case of 2 races with reversed grid.
We use this automatical 2nd race with reversed grid for a historic Sprint Championship.... but in place of timed race we're using a number of laps. ( this lap number is based on the prequal laptime of the best driver to correspond for the race time )

Mostly I don't display Ptracker on screen for the race ... but no driver mentioned a problem with the time intervals ... and Stracker results are also perfectly correct for the 2nd race.

For Johann Leblanc problem, we finally found the easy solution of the problem.

When he moved the documents from C:/..... /One Drive to D:/ ... most if not all other games and tools seemed to have recorded this important change except Ptracker.

Looking at the ptracker.py .... I found this: import os.path
So Ptracker is surely using this command to know most important PC settings including the path to the Documents.
Knowing this, it was just needed to check in Win10 System parameters panel if for Stockage the right path was given for the new content including Documents.

It was still C:/ .... only changing it for D:/ ... was enough to solve the problem: no more "Ptracker dist return -1" and, as the app was already activated, the icons and Ptracker finally appeared in game.

Maybe good to know and check for drivers with this "Ptracker dist return -1" problem when the cause is not the antivirus and when the Documents are not in the same disk as AC.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back