ptracker

Apps ptracker 3.4.0

Login or Register an account to download this content
Thanks, jempy - I went to ptracker.exe/properties/compatibility and saw that "Run as administrator" was already checked. Any further suggestions gratefully accepted.

Was this "Run as administrator" already in use before ?? ... as it also might be the problem.... Strange ?

Yes, strange, but I just read a same kind of problem for working with another software ( Libre Office) getting the same kind of message.
After some advices from Microsoft ( not working ! ) .... the problem was solved by itself, simply unchecking this "Run as administrator" !

That wasn't quite what we were running into. It was the User Account Control that was causing the elevation issue. Once the program was told not to run as administrator everything worked.

Worth a try ?

Holy Moly! What next? Okay, I will try unchecking that box (which was indeed checked the first time I looked at it; I don't know when it was initially checked). Should I also uncheck the box that applies to all run-as-administrator instances? (I know: I'll uncheck the first instance; try pt again; then uncheck all instances.) It's a wonder how IT dudes retain their sanity....

My gawd! It worked! I wasn't able to uncheck for the current user (it was greyed out), but I was able to uncheck for all users (under 'Advanced'). I cannot thank you enough! No sane person (nor a thousand monkeys at a thousand keyboards, to invoke an old meme) could EVER have figured this out. I owe you my thanks and my gratitude and my sanity!

Hi all, I'm experience an issue with ptracker, I can't access to Dialogs window, if I double click on the hotlap section or click on connection icon, nothing happen. I noticed that app icons on right side concerning ptracker "dialog ptracker-stats" increase in number.

IMG_20171226_111302.jpg

looks like a permission error:

PermissionError: [Errno 13] Permission denied: 'F:\\steam\\steamapps\\common\\assettocorsa\\apps\\python\\ptracker\\http_static\\img\\banner.png'

try to remove apps/python/ptracker and afterwards install again.

looks like a permission error:

try to remove apps/python/ptracker and afterwards install again.

I did it, with 3.3.6 version and now with 3.4.0 version of the app, but nothing change, no dialog window and every click or double click to open it, the icons multiply.

I remember I encountered the same problem a rather long time ago .... but cannot remember how I fixed it :(
I hope the solution I applied will come to light again :D but it still remains in the dark for the moment.

I think I'll never remember the reason, but it might surely be one those 3 ones:

- a antivirus software deleting the ptracker.exe .... just have a look if you really still have this exe here:
....\assettocorsa\apps\python\ptracker\dist\ptracker.exe
( Norton does delete it .... except if I unactivate it, install Ptracker in game, create the exception and activate Norton again .... maybe other security softwares do the same ).

- maybe administrator rights ?

- another app active at the same time ? ... or your database that didn't migrate fine.
Did you try yet to back up your actual Ptracker files in your documents and try to start with a new one ?

Hello, now with V3.4 i can see the icon ingame apps tab. But when launch it i get the error msg WinError 740 . Tried to disable run as admin in ptracker.exe, but then the icon doesn't appear ingame apps tab. Tried to run AssettoCorsa.exe enabling run as admin, but the same, no icon appear.
If i change UAC to never notify, again icon doesn't appear

Running on Win7 X64 with administrator account

Attachments

• py_log.txt
    2.6 KB · Views: 466
Hello, now with V3.4 i can see the icon ingame apps tab. But when launch it i get the error msg WinError 740 . Tried to disable run as admin in ptracker.exe, but then the icon doesn't appear ingame apps tab. Tried to run AssettoCorsa.exe enabling run as admin, but the same, no icon appear.
If i change UAC to never notify, again icon doesn't appear

Running on Win7 X64 with administrator account
Looks like the same problem as @Toonces had a few messages above: http://www.racedepartment.com/threads/ptracker.93955/page-21#post-2653454

Yes and didn't work disabling run as admin,....but as a last attempt i also enabled run in win7 compatibility mode for all users......and..... voilá , it worked !!! yessssss, finally !!! :)

Thank you guys for your help, amazing app :thumbsup:

Hello its a bit more than a month that i'm having problem with ptracker, started by an Fatal error while trying to enter a server just after it loaded track & cars "ptracker-server-dist returned -1" when i close it, suddenly i can enter server.
So i deleted ptracker for a fresh install but then it didnt finish install and abort it when i try the final check install with the same error that pop up "ptracker-server-dist returned -1".
I use 7zip to get all the files from the .exe and manually install it, still the same error.

I try everything above and more, fresh ac install,... nothing worked.
here is my log files.

Hope somebody will help me to solve it, thanks in advance.

Attachments

• ptracker-exe-stdout.txt
    1.4 KB · Views: 304
  • py_log.txt
    3.4 KB · Views: 368
Hello its a bit more than a month that i'm having problem with ptracker, started by an Fatal error while trying to enter a server just after it loaded track & cars "ptracker-server-dist returned -1" when i close it, suddenly i can enter server.
So i deleted ptracker for a fresh install but then it didnt finish install and abort it when i try the final check install with the same error that pop up "ptracker-server-dist returned -1".
I use 7zip to get all the files from the .exe and manually install it, still the same error.

I try everything above and more, fresh ac install,... nothing worked.
here is my log files.

Hope somebody will help me to solve it, thanks in advance.

Hi,

I think your problem is this:

FileNotFoundError: [Errno 2] No such file or directory: 'C:\\Users\\Samuel\\Documents\\Assetto Corsa/logs/ptracker-exe-stdout.txt'

Make sure that the directory exists and the file / directory is writeable (maybe delete all files in the logs directory and see what happens). If that doesn't help, maybe your AV software is preventing ptracker.exe from starting. In that case, please report the issue to your AV vendor (I can't help with that).

Greetings
Neys

Hi,

I dont have any AV, i created the following path : C:\Users\Samuel\Documents\Assetto corsa\logs and put the '
'ptracker-exe-stdout.txt' file i had, fatal error is gone but i still unable to use Ptracker, while i try to put it on with the icons on app list the only think that show something on screen is ptracker chat.

Something strange is also why do i need the create that for user Samuel as previously always been in Public without any problem, everything from AC is saved there C:\Users\Public\Documents\Assetto corsa.

I join the new py_log.txt, thanks for the help.

UPDATE :
Yesterday i launched AC and this time Ptracker was 100% functionnal, thanks for the help.

Hi,

I think your problem is this:

Make sure that the directory exists and the file / directory is writeable (maybe delete all files in the logs directory and see what happens). If that doesn't help, maybe your AV software is preventing ptracker.exe from starting. In that case, please report the issue to your AV vendor (I can't help with that).

Greetings
Neys

Last edited:
Somehow all apps are expecting the Assetto Corsa folder under C:\Users\samuel (also RSR), but it doesn't seem to be there. This is the problem, but I don't know how to solve it.

Dont worry, i updated my post above, now its fully working thanks, i only have logs (that i create) and plugins/ptracker with 3 files (ptracker.ini, ptracker.db3, ptracker.db3.bak_0_23) inside document/assetto corsa of Samuel.

Somehow all apps are expecting the Assetto Corsa folder under C:\Users\samuel (also RSR), but it doesn't seem to be there. This is the problem, but I don't know how to solve it.

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 76 7.1%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 114 10.7%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 155 14.5%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 296 27.7%
  • 100% offline racing

Votes: 424 39.7%