ptracker

Apps ptracker 3.4.0

Login or Register an account to download this content
I think I've managed to find the problem... but not the solution. When I reinstalled Windows, the folder "My documents" has been created in C:/Users/Yohann/OneDrive. But I wanted him in D:/Documents, so I changed him of place, which needed to uninstall OneDrive.

All the other programs seem to have understand this change, but not Ptracker : in my logs, in py_log, there is this message "FileNotFoundError: [Errno 2] No such file or directory: 'C:\\Users\\yohan\\OneDrive\\Documents\\Assetto Corsa/logs/ptracker-exe-stdout.txt'"

If I put a folder called Assetto Corsa in C:/Users/Yohan/OneDrive, and if I put in it a copy of my folders "Logs" and "Plugins", I don't have the message "Ptracker dist return -1", but my Ptarcker seems almost invisible on my screen, so it is far from perfect...
this is how ptracker determines the document folder:

Code:
    import winreg

def expand_ac(*args):
        k = winreg.OpenKey(winreg.HKEY_CURRENT_USER, r"Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\Shell Folders")
        v = winreg.QueryValueEx(k, "Personal")
        return os.path.join(v[0], *args)

maybe you can fix the problem by fixing the registry using regedit...

I've lost many hours ...

me too :)

For Johann Leblanc problem, we finally found the easy solution of the problem.

When he moved the documents from C:/..... /One Drive to D:/ ... most if not all other games and tools seemed to have recorded this important change except Ptracker.

Looking at the ptracker.py .... I found this: import os.path
So Ptracker is surely using this command to know most important PC settings including the path to the Documents.
Knowing this, it was just needed to check in Win10 System parameters panel if for Stockage the right path was given for the new content including Documents.

It was still C:/ .... only changing it for D:/ ... was enough to solve the problem: no more "Ptracker dist return -1" and, as the app was already activated, the icons and Ptracker finally appeared in game.

Maybe good to know and check for drivers with this "Ptracker dist return -1" problem when the cause is not the antivirus and when the Documents are not in the same disk as AC.

probably mostly correct, but the root cause is not the os.path thing but my post above. It seems that there is not only one place where the path to Documents is stored, but there are multiple...

Yes, the solution given by Jempy has worked perfectly, i've used a tutorial on a website to change the location of my documents and the procedure wasn't perfect, I did'nt know the existence of this menu in Windows. Thanks also for your help Neys, even if it's too late for me ;)

In mixed class racing is there anyway to show just the positions of a selected class instead of the whole field. It would also be good if you could toggle between the classes and the complete field.

Hi,
yesterday we drove 2 races with turned grid (2* 40 minutes). The controller was automatically from the server. The display in Race 1 was still ok, but in Race 2 more than 50% of the drivers had incorrect displays in the order. Time intervals were also not displayed. So far, we have always been only with individual races, there was no problem.
Does anyone have an idea?
Thank you
Last week we tested the setting with the number of laps instead of the race time.
Unfortunately, still some had the problem that in the 2nd race the ptracker did not work properly. Where it did not work, the drivers were always in 1st place, although they were not and the update did not work.
Has anybody some ideas please?

Hi, i have problems with ptracker, it disconnects continuously and the icon goes gray.
I have opened router ports, removed the firewall but without result. What could be the problem?

Attachments

• ptracker-exe-stdout.txt
    2.5 KB · Views: 241
  • py_log.txt
    24.4 KB · Views: 290
Last edited:
Maybe the problem is server-side: Do other ptracker users have the same problem on that server? Are other stracker-enabled servers working?

Hi, I have an issue. I was a happy user of ptracker since a lot of time, but now that I did a clean install of the whole OS on a new ssd, I can't reinstall again the app. Once the installation process is over, a message saying "Could not execute ptracker.exe. Etc etc..." appears. I tried disabling kaspersky (I've unistalled it too, just to be sure) and tryed to disable Windows defender as well. The problem persists. I also enabled all "run as administrator" etc as written above, but without any result. What should I do?

Attachments

• ptracker_fileobserver.txt
    100 bytes · Views: 222
  • ptracker-exe-stdout.txt
    1.3 KB · Views: 259
  • py_log.txt
    22.7 KB · Views: 247
Hi, I have an issue. I was a happy user of ptracker since a lot of time, but now that I did a clean install of the whole OS on a new ssd, I can't reinstall again the app. Once the installation process is over, a message saying "Could not execute ptracker.exe. Etc etc..." appears. I tried disabling kaspersky (I've unistalled it too, just to be sure) and tryed to disable Windows defender as well. The problem persists. I also enabled all "run as administrator" etc as written above, but without any result. What should I do?

You can try to install ptracker manually (without the installer). Therefore, use 7zip to open the .exe file as an archive. Extract it to a temporary folder and copy the relevant part of it to apps/python (there will be some extra top-level paths, but you will see what to copy). Be sure to completely remove apps/python/ptracker before copying.

If this doesn't help, you can also try to remove <Your Documents>\Assetto Corsa\plugins\ptracker.

Hope this helps
Neys

First off, great app, I've been using it religiously for ages.;)
Recent issue though, on launch of a session I get the error message, "ptracker-server-dist returned -1".:(
What does this mean and how can I fix it?

If it came out of nowhere, most probably updates of your anti virus scanner (falsly) classify ptracker as a virus and blocks it. Try to temporariliy disable your av software and see if the problem goes away.

Otherwise, there may be some hints in <documents>/Assetto Corsa/logs/py_log.txt

Hello NEYS. I am having a problem getting the KICK and BAN commands to work when I click on people in the list. All the other commands are working, just not those 2. I am /admin on the server and in the Admin group in Stracker. What am I missing?

eventually they have been broken with the last update ... I think it works to do it in the web interface (even though this also complains about an error when doing it)

Hi, i've the problem in the image attached.
Do you know how resolve it?
I try all.. I have re-instal the app,cleane cacke and register files with CCleeaner.. But the problem stay.. :-(
I don't have antivirus...
And the first time afterthe installation this problem run whitout problem... I don't know how change...
errore ptracker.jpg

Thank you for the collaboration and sorry for my not perfect English!

Hi Neys, I have a question on the "AC lap timing bug".
Can you tell me something about this bug.

We had two races on the last two weekends and one racer has reported strange behavior regarding his lap times. On first weekend Stracker gave him a penalty about 25 seconds plus. This weekend STracker shows a penalty about 30 seconds minus.

We have no idea, what causes the strange behavior.
Can you help and give some general information on the "AC lap timing bug"?

Additional question:
The penalty time in the list is just a suggestion, correct?
I have to click on Submit in Manage Penalties to let the penalty take effect, or?

In AC, the sum of the individual lap times is not equal to the total race time of a driver (but that clearly should be the case). The difference is usually small, and stracker applies that correction automatically using a dummy penalty (in fact this is not really a penalty but a correction). If this automatic correction is so large in your case, and it affects only one player all the time, there might be a problem with this player's computer or internet connection. See also here: https://www.assettocorsa.net/forum/...f-laptimes-total-race-time.44344/#post-862455

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back