Status
Not open for further replies.
I know we are all excited for this release. What I don't know is how many people intend to a) play it on the xbox one and b) would like to join some sort of a formal league here at Race Department.

There are so many possibilities, I've had to calm myself down from getting lost in them. However, my main passion, IndyCar, will probably not be able to be run until the DLC with the ovals comes to the Xbox One.

That said, what sort of series would you like to see? Personally, ones that come to mind are Tudor United Sports Car Series, WEC, British Touring Car, and DTM. One of these could fill the gap for me until IndyCar is possible, but others may have better ideas.

Please indicate below if you are interested and what sort of times you are available and which series' you prefer. We could follow the actual schedule of many a series, due to the timing of the release. Personally, if they get the ovals out before IndyCar starts, I'll probably turn my focus there, but nothing would prevent running another alongside.

The anticipation is killing me! :sick:

Yeah but I was enjoying it a great deal and I was running second which would have been a great result for me in my first race at tyhat track :) Even if I get a disconnect or some such issue which finishes my race I still enjoy the overall experience despite that. I think thats the thing about this game for me I just love the racing whether on my own or online and as long as I can get in a good number of laps and have some fun i'm ok with it at the moment. Of course I want it to improve and to have a solid experience with no issues but I kind of accept that at the moment thats not where we're at.

I've barely scratched the surface in the game as well and have done no more than 5 tracks so far I think... no make that 6 although the 6th (Silverstone) was only on the pad so I kind of discount that lol. As for cars, well the GT3 Merc, Aston, RUF (very briefly) and then the Formula 3 and a little outing in the Ginetta but again that was only on the pad so i've a long way to go to get through everything in this game :thumbsup:

Same here Peter. I feel the same as you. I enjoy the people and the process, not really the result, although that is nice too. I'm so used to finishing bad in F1, this seems like a bonus sometimes. That's why I pulled into the pits with my future teammate at Outlon. I knew it was probably over if I did, but, hey, Railer was my only focus there...tried to catch him all race, we swapped, scratched, and spit at each other and when he got stuck, well, that was as good as race over for me, so I decided to see if I'd get stuck too. Yep. lol.

So many tracks, so many cars. I have not even driven but maybe 6-10. And even less tracks. But no, I'm not repeating any series. That's not to say similar cars can't be done, but I think it's going to be swapped (especially with F1 possibly flopping on line) where we will have some sort of open wheel car as the main series and a touring car (or maybe spec...depends on interest...and I really like that Trans-Am car Michael, and I think that could be the American muscle ying to a Euro open wheel yang). If we don't have ovals we will damn sure have diversity of tracks where possible, unless the series is real. If we have IndyCar, then that's going to be it. If we don't, then a lot of this depends on interest, input, and, of course, the ability or inability of SMS to get their shite fixed.

Ok, forget the last two posts! I did the race and all I can say is: tire wear, And not from where you're thinking. Also, fuel. To be honest, I put 35 lts. In the tank and it got me to lap 19, but 5 more lts to do 3 more laps it's gonna be tight. So yeah... This one will be fun.

This seems pretty confident as a DLC. And sounds pretty damn good too. If they can get the ovals and all the liveries and the modern cars, well, the road and street courses can be mirrored. Wow, that would be awesome.
http://steamcommunity.com/app/234630/discussions/0/613956964590779054/
Yeah but that was from almost two months ago now and there have been a lot of problems in that time which I wonder whether might cause a further delay or even postponement of the release. They won't want something out there that causes even more furore when they are still trying to recover from the problems already being encountered.

Well, what is the earliest on Saturday that you can make Gustavo? My early depends on when parents leave, and that will probably be around 5pm my time, so about 11-12 noon on Saturday. Problem is, Peter is five hours ahead of me. My guess is he can't go too late, but this is a short race, only an hour...so maybe we start at 6pm (1pm your time; 11pm Peter) if I can, and if not, you guys can decide on whether to race or just practice and we can try later in the week or so.

I can do 9 thru noon central on saturday, saturday night i don't think is gonna work for peter and sunday is a no-go for him.
So, we have this saturday morning or:
*Next Sunday (Aug 16)
*Double race for next meet up. (Brno - Imola)

Still, Damon, boothy and some other guy who post last week haven't confirm, maybe we can convince them with the new schedule.

And when are we going to have the "talk" about the track choice for last race? LOL Hope we can change it. ;)

The natives are growing restless, over there on the Forums. And still no word on Patch 3.0. They need to put that patch out before any other DLC's because people just won't buy stuff until the pits are fixed.
And I think that is the biggest issue.. Ovals with pitting problems would be a bigger disaster than we currently have and hence my concern that if they are not able to fix it the dlc will get held over until pCars 2.

I can do 9 thru noon central on saturday, saturday night i don't think is gonna work for peter and sunday is a no-go for him.
So, we have this saturday morning or:
*Next Sunday (Aug 16)
*Double race for next meet up. (Brno - Imola)

Still, Damon, boothy and some other guy who post last week haven't confirm, maybe we can convince them with the new schedule.

And when are we going to have the "talk" about the track choice for last race? LOL Hope we can change it. ;)
Unfortunately I am on holiday from the 15th August until the 22nd (hence my missing the next two GT3 races) so anything that week is out for me i'm afraid. I don't want things to stall on my availability though so if the 16th is a good date for others then just go for it :thumbsup:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

To join the OverTake Racing Club races I want them to be: (multiple choice)

• Free to access

Votes: 8 66.7%
  • Better structured events

Votes: 3 25.0%
  • Better structured racing club forum

Votes: 2 16.7%
  • More use of default game content

Votes: 2 16.7%
  • More use of fixed setups

Votes: 4 33.3%
  • No 3rd party registration pages

Votes: 4 33.3%