Status
Not open for further replies.
I know we are all excited for this release. What I don't know is how many people intend to a) play it on the xbox one and b) would like to join some sort of a formal league here at Race Department.

There are so many possibilities, I've had to calm myself down from getting lost in them. However, my main passion, IndyCar, will probably not be able to be run until the DLC with the ovals comes to the Xbox One.

That said, what sort of series would you like to see? Personally, ones that come to mind are Tudor United Sports Car Series, WEC, British Touring Car, and DTM. One of these could fill the gap for me until IndyCar is possible, but others may have better ideas.

Please indicate below if you are interested and what sort of times you are available and which series' you prefer. We could follow the actual schedule of many a series, due to the timing of the release. Personally, if they get the ovals out before IndyCar starts, I'll probably turn my focus there, but nothing would prevent running another alongside.

The anticipation is killing me! :sick:

Anyway guys, thats me done here for a while. With the next two races right on top of each other and clashing with my holiday that same week (i'm off from the 15th to 22nd of this month) it seems the next race I can make is the September 12th race at Donnington so have fun in my absence.

This series has been doomed for me from the start it seems with Oulton 2 being the only one that I really got to properly partake in and thoroughly enjoyed despite getting frozen out at the end. I'm hoping that with the last 2 being in good ol' UK that my luck may change... although that didn't happen here did it lol. I've actually never raced at either of the last two circuits so i'll look forward to learning them on my return.

Last edited:
Aw Peter, just the bugs in the game ruining your experience. I know you would be here for the fight if it wasn't for all the problems. I am almost to your same level of frustration with the last disconnect. I have lost any chance of winning another race this year...
So Far....
Oultan Park-Power outage-Disconnect while leading by 30 seconds
Nurburgring- Chips and DanDan 2 seconds faster.
Spa- Sound dropped out then created my own TV issue trying to fix, while leading, binned the car and lost the lead.
Brands- was 30 seconds back of Beets and disconnected by the game. Beets has flat tire and limps around with the 50 second lead left from my absence.
What will happen next???
Nurburgring- I'm still slow...So the game will probably let me finish in 3rd or 4th.
Snetterton- Don't know the track, but I'm sure game will find a way to **** me, some way!
Donnington- I will be eaten alive by Bentley's in the straights as that is a power track. No better than 3rd there if Beets and Chips show up.
So yeah my season is pretty much done as well, Peter :p:sick::confused::(:poop::cry:

It's just been a combination of things for me tbh Michael. Of course I missed the first two races anyway as I was away in Egypt but the last three races have been pretty much non events for me (Nurb, Spa and Brands). Spa and Brands I was really looking forward to but sometimes things are just not meant to be so I suck it up and wait untl the next one that I am available for. Hopefully I can have a couple of rides where I get to do more than a handful of laps and really get to enjoy them and then I can focus on the next season where I will not be missing from the start and perhaps can get into a more competitive mode.

You've had some tough luck there Michael :thumbsdown: but you have at least got in some decent laps at each track which I have missed out on since Oulton 2 but hopefully things can turn around for the pair of us over the last 4 races (2 for me) :thumbsup:

It's just been a combination of things for me tbh Michael. Of course I missed the first two races anyway as I was away in Egypt but the last three races have been pretty much non events for me (Nurb, Spa and Brands). Spa and Brands I was really looking forward to but sometimes things are just not meant to be so I suck it up and wait untl the next one that I am available for. Hopefully I can have a couple of rides where I get to do more than a handful of laps and really get to enjoy them and then I can focus on the next season where I will not be missing from the start and perhaps can get into a more competitive mode.

You've had some tough luck there Michael :thumbsdown: but you have at least got in some decent laps at each track which I have missed out on since Oulton 2 but hopefully things can turn around for the pair of us over the last 4 races (2 for me) :thumbsup:

Not to mention the lead in the series, Mr. "I can't catch a break" lol. :whistling: But yea, the bugs are a problem. Not sure about the discos. I was watching a movie last night and it just disconnected from live. Had not happened on the one since I got it other than massive lobbies in pCARS. I don't think the next gen online experience is that stable, TBH. And you better have a top notch connection or you are really toast, which most don't. Even then, live just goes away sometimes. Head scratcher for sure.

Yeah but I wouldn't even call Oulton a success for you. You didn't even get to finish the race. Imagine if it had frozen while you were leading. Maybe we can do another British GT series for Next Year as well. If they have the bugs fixed we can run the schedule concurrent with the real one, maybe trade out a track for the missing Rockingham. But I would enjoy starting over where the game's bug's and glitches are no longer a factor. I can run two series, if we have more time to prepare between seasons. I think that would be the consensus for most on here. I still have barely driven most of the cars on here, as I've been mostly practicing for the League races.

Not to mention the lead in the series, Mr. "I can't catch a break" lol. :whistling: But yea, the bugs are a problem. Not sure about the discos. I was watching a movie last night and it just disconnected from live. Had not happened on the one since I got it other than massive lobbies in pCARS. I don't think the next gen online experience is that stable, TBH. And you better have a top notch connection or you are really toast, which most don't. Even then, live just goes away sometimes. Head scratcher for sure.
I totally agree with you Robert. But I wasnt off line when I disconnected on Saturday. The game kicked me and sent me back to race central. I was still connected to Xbox Live.

Yeah but I wouldn't even call Oulton a success for you. You didn't even get to finish the race. Imagine if it had frozen while you were leading. Maybe we can do another British GT series for Next Year as well. If they have the bugs fixed we can run the schedule concurrent with the real one, maybe trade out a track for the missing Rockingham. But I would enjoy starting over where the game's bug's and glitches are no longer a factor. I can run two series, if we have more time to prepare between seasons. I think that would be the consensus for most on here. I still have barely driven most of the cars on here, as I've been mostly practicing for the League races.
Yeah but I was enjoying it a great deal and I was running second which would have been a great result for me in my first race at tyhat track :) Even if I get a disconnect or some such issue which finishes my race I still enjoy the overall experience despite that. I think thats the thing about this game for me I just love the racing whether on my own or online and as long as I can get in a good number of laps and have some fun i'm ok with it at the moment. Of course I want it to improve and to have a solid experience with no issues but I kind of accept that at the moment thats not where we're at.

I've barely scratched the surface in the game as well and have done no more than 5 tracks so far I think... no make that 6 although the 6th (Silverstone) was only on the pad so I kind of discount that lol. As for cars, well the GT3 Merc, Aston, RUF (very briefly) and then the Formula 3 and a little outing in the Ginetta but again that was only on the pad so i've a long way to go to get through everything in this game :thumbsup:

Peter Hooper / Hamerpgh / ?

Never driven this circuit so looking forward to the challenge. It reminds me in places very much of Mosport Park in Grand Prix Legends... the scenery in particular, quite an old world type of circuit which is good :thumbsup:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

Votes: 114 9.6%
  • No

Votes: 1,069 90.4%
Back