Status
Not open for further replies.
I know we are all excited for this release. What I don't know is how many people intend to a) play it on the xbox one and b) would like to join some sort of a formal league here at Race Department.

There are so many possibilities, I've had to calm myself down from getting lost in them. However, my main passion, IndyCar, will probably not be able to be run until the DLC with the ovals comes to the Xbox One.

That said, what sort of series would you like to see? Personally, ones that come to mind are Tudor United Sports Car Series, WEC, British Touring Car, and DTM. One of these could fill the gap for me until IndyCar is possible, but others may have better ideas.

Please indicate below if you are interested and what sort of times you are available and which series' you prefer. We could follow the actual schedule of many a series, due to the timing of the release. Personally, if they get the ovals out before IndyCar starts, I'll probably turn my focus there, but nothing would prevent running another alongside.

The anticipation is killing me! :sick:

i like the circuit but all i'm thinking is that left front tyre.... At Zolder when you overpushed you found yourself in the gravel or looking the wrong way, here, here you just destroy that tyre, which is worse i think...
if anyone wants to practice this week, send me an invite!

Heres the stewards response to on track incident during formation lap.
Nothing further for drivers.

Formation lap is for some to reset there controllers/steering wheels. Pace speed varies by track but around 60-70 is sufficient for shorter tracks.
Pole sitter is pace car and should not exceed the speed during formation.
What that means from position 2-the rest of the field is allow yourself spacing between cars 100-300 feet. This gives you ample area to warm up your tires. The final 2 corners all cars should close up formation (no further warming up tires,(side to side turning)). If a final corner is tight and close to start line then single file thru turn and reform after turn.
Watch your speed pole sitter until command green, green, green is given by pole sitter within sight distance of start line approximately 100-300 feet.
This should wnable all cars to be in formation and close to each other (1car length at best).

From my years of racing karts I will say formation lap for us was no more than 1 foot from the rear bumper of car in front. Bigger cars=bigger spacing. If a car is out of position before the start we would complete another formation lap.
questions/comments concerns???

By the way, Saturday is out for me now, so I'll have to withdraw, unless we can find a later time on Saturday (that suits Peter) or a time on Sunday afternoon. Thanks. If we can't I guess I need a guest host.

Peter Hooper / Hamerpgh / ?

Never driven this circuit so looking forward to the challenge. It reminds me in places very much of Mosport Park in Grand Prix Legends... the scenery in particular, quite an old world type of circuit which is good :thumbsup:

I would not have picked Mosport, but I can see certain sections maybe. Mosport is very very fast and up and down and rolling. The middle sector here breaks things up. But the first two, yea, I can see that. All in all, I really like this track. Didn't at first, but it grows on you. Race Pro was my introduction and the only game that I remember that had it. Maybe Shift 2, but I can't remember running it on there.

I totally agree with you Robert. But I wasnt off line when I disconnected on Saturday. The game kicked me and sent me back to race central. I was still connected to Xbox Live.

I agree that pCARS has issues too.
Heres the stewards response to on track incident during formation lap.
Nothing further for drivers.

Formation lap is for some to reset there controllers/steering wheels. Pace speed varies by track but around 60-70 is sufficient for shorter tracks.
Pole sitter is pace car and should not exceed the speed during formation.
What that means from position 2-the rest of the field is allow yourself spacing between cars 100-300 feet. This gives you ample area to warm up your tires. The final 2 corners all cars should close up formation (no further warming up tires,(side to side turning)). If a final corner is tight and close to start line then single file thru turn and reform after turn.
Watch your speed pole sitter until command green, green, green is given by pole sitter within sight distance of start line approximately 100-300 feet.
This should wnable all cars to be in formation and close to each other (1car length at best).

From my years of racing karts I will say formation lap for us was no more than 1 foot from the rear bumper of car in front. Bigger cars=bigger spacing. If a car is out of position before the start we would complete another formation lap.
questions/comments concerns???

Perfectly said. That's why you are the Chief Steward. And thanks, by the way...I'll get you that check in the mail.

P.S. - Can I use some or all of this to put in official instructions for a series?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes