Status
Not open for further replies.
I know we are all excited for this release. What I don't know is how many people intend to a) play it on the xbox one and b) would like to join some sort of a formal league here at Race Department.

There are so many possibilities, I've had to calm myself down from getting lost in them. However, my main passion, IndyCar, will probably not be able to be run until the DLC with the ovals comes to the Xbox One.

That said, what sort of series would you like to see? Personally, ones that come to mind are Tudor United Sports Car Series, WEC, British Touring Car, and DTM. One of these could fill the gap for me until IndyCar is possible, but others may have better ideas.

Please indicate below if you are interested and what sort of times you are available and which series' you prefer. We could follow the actual schedule of many a series, due to the timing of the release. Personally, if they get the ovals out before IndyCar starts, I'll probably turn my focus there, but nothing would prevent running another alongside.

The anticipation is killing me! :sick:

Yea, it is nuts. I feel for those who play in public lobbies, really. However, I never did. So I'm not bothered. But multiplayer private...that's a different story. Hopefully that will get addressed soon. At least the host migrates w/o blowing up the race options, like in pCARS.
That video was in a private lobby though.... I did see that the migrating host also causes lots of problems so they definitely have to do a lot of work to sort that aspect of the game out. Hopefully the first patch (whenever that reaches us) will go some way to resolving some of the problems :thumbsup:

This is like reading a review of Shakespeare in the Daily News. it's funny, but way over the top.
these guys were all the main youtubers who play f1 in one lobby for a special race, yeah as it was only a sprint race is was way over the top, but they all have top connections ect. I think ive hit my limit off things not working on day one, pcars and f1 now ive spent 50quid on what should be a full project, if i wanted a game that wasnt completed i wouldnt have payed full whack, racing games in the year 2015 are all about online, they need to be getting that part right, I had better online play on grid 1 8 years ago

So glad to hear you are staying. And thanks for the post support at SMS. I kind of feel bad for not listening to you more (and Chips) about the pits, but nobody had really tested patch 2.0 (now we have) and I had high hopes that pits would be different because of 2.0. Or at least they would let you go. Many issues that are related to fixes actually stated are unintentionally fixed as a result of fixing something else, and many pit issues were addressed in patch 2.0. Also, many pit issues are addressed, as you noticed, in 2.5 PC, but as my thread indicated, SMS has no intention of fixing the race ending stuck-in-pits bug even after the next patch. I can't say that we should even think of changing back until they specifically address it. As you say, people put too much time into these races.

All this said, I think you have proven you can beat Chips at other tracks. And you certainly can move to the Bentley if you feel it's a superior car. I tried it, but cannot get it to take the corners well. Maybe we can all silently snicker as he struggles around Snetterton. Nurburg seems to be a wash. Brands? Ummm...no comment. lol.

Hi Robert. Just got back from some time away.

So here's where my main problem is. You seem to be shooting down the fact that the GT series represented in this game are built for endurance, using the FIA GT series as an example; where in fact the GT series in this game is blancpain.

You used Spa as an example of realism as it was the same race weekend, yet fail to know it was a 24 hour race. I'm not looking for an argument mate. A race in September is 1000kms of Nurburg. That is an endurance race Imo. The aids are there for driver fatigue.

These cars are not difficult to race with no assists, and two of the three races I've done were easily under an hour race distance. Its cool of you're not willing to look at it. However, I feel you're treading on very thin ice claiming to advocate an element of realism where failing to accept these cars are built to last in a race for 10-20 times longer than we race. Either we run assists and do ridiculously long races, or get them off. I'm sure there are some who pushed for assists, but its just a wank way to race for what are great drivers

Sorry you feel that way Peter This league will be set to real instead of no assists. I don't consider many of the great GT3 drivers out there to be "wank" in any way shape or form.

If I can't change your mind I'm not going to argue either, but I will try to explain once again. I don't know what to say other than I agree with you in principal, but realism is more important to me (and the people who were here from the start) than being hardcore. I love no assists, even with games like Forza and F1 that really have assists built in to the code even when you choose to turn them all off. My love of no assist racing prompted me to create the GP3 series. Come join us. When pCARS gets the IndyCar and the oval tracks you can bet there will be no assists, just like the real thing. Three of us run in other leagues that race pCARS with no assists, including me. We just chose to keep it real here. Many leagues agree with you and have the old mindset that assists are a crutch. I'd agree with that until pCARS.

If it were a Blancpain Series, seven of the five tracks they run are sprint format. No safety factor there (just the FIA regs.). The "endurance" format for the five = three hours, except for Spa, which is 24 hours. Maybe you could argue safety there, but I'm not sure where that theory comes from, since teams of 2-4 drivers switch off. But I can sort of get on board with it in a 24 hour race. LeMans is Brutal, as I'm sure Spa is. However, the theory is not sound when applied to the GT3 category. Maybe it's a European thing since WEC became the "in" thing? But other very long races with no assists have been around much longer. Ask any NASCAR driver who runs six hours at Charlotte alone in a no assists tank at 200mph. Don't like ovals? Then ask a V8 Supercar driver who does the same thing for six hours in the slightly less tank-like non TC Supercar at Bathurst.

This is not a Blancpain series. This is a British GT Series and we run FIA spec GT3 cars like many series' do. The Spa race is a two hour race (just like ours was) in the British GT Series, with assists. http://www.britishgt.com/calendar.php. This category requires assists, and most race series' in this category are not primarily endurance races.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pirelli_World_Challenge
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/International_GT_Open
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Blancpain_Sprint_Series
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/British_GT_Championship
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/United_SportsCar_Championship

Last edited:
these guys were all the main youtubers who play f1 in one lobby for a special race, yeah as it was only a sprint race is was way over the top, but they all have top connections ect. I think ive hit my limit off things not working on day one, pcars and f1 now ive spent 50quid on what should be a full project, if i wanted a game that wasnt completed i wouldnt have payed full whack, racing games in the year 2015 are all about online, they need to be getting that part right, I had better online play on grid 1 8 years ago

I was not gaming back then. But I can't say I've heard many opposing opinions. In fact, many say they long for the old Grand Prix Legends (right Perter?) and other games. I thought Race Pro was fantastic, even though you could only get 8 or so into a lobby toward the end.

But yea, Codemasters needs to either give up the franchise or do some serious bug stomping and enhancing for this game to live up to my expectations. However, they were very high. But I'll continue to hold out hope for F1 if they can fix MP. As a single player, it's light years above any other F1 title in my opinion.

But then there is pCARS. I'm sort of thinking that M/S and Sony need to be much more open about their architecture. They can't hog the spotlight with Turn 10 (even though most could care less about racing games) and expect racers (who spend a hell of a lot of money of peripherals) to stay with the console if this is going to be the result year after year. Yet. I see some very good signs with pCARS.

Think about this...we...us...our little group. We changed the game. We harped on the pit problem long enough (Michael started it) after 2.0 that they just could not brush it off any more and fixed it! Try that with Turn 10 and see what happens.

Sorry you feel that way Peter This league will be set to real instead of no assists. I don't consider many of the great GT3 drivers out there to be "wank" in any way shape or form.

If I can't change your mind I'm not going to argue either, but I will try to explain once again. I don't know what to say other than I agree with you in principal, but realism is more important to me (and the people who were here from the start) than being hardcore. I love no assists, even with games like Forza and F1 that really have assists built in to the code even when you choose to turn them all off. My love of no assist racing prompted me to create the GP3 series. Come join us. When pCARS gets the IndyCar and the oval tracks you can bet there will be no assists, just like the real thing. Three of us run in other leagues that race pCARS with no assists, including me. We just chose to keep it real here. Many leagues agree with you and have the old mindset that assists are a crutch. I'd agree with that until pCARS.

If it were a Blancpain Series, seven of the five tracks they run are sprint format. No safety factor there (just the FIA regs.). The "endurance" format for the five = three hours, except for Spa, which is 24 hours. Maybe you could argue safety there, but I'm not sure where that theory comes from, since teams of 2-4 drivers switch off. But I can sort of get on board with it in a 24 hour race. LeMans is Brutal, as I'm sure Spa is. However, the theory is not sound when applied to the GT3 category. Maybe it's a European thing since WEC became the "in" thing? But other very long races with no assists have been around much longer. Ask any NASCAR driver who runs six hours at Charlotte alone in a no assists tank at 200mph. Don't like ovals? Then ask a V8 Supercar driver who does the same thing for six hours in the slightly less tank-like non TC Supercar at Bathurst.

This is not a Blancpain series. This is a British GT Series and we run FIA spec GT3 cars like many series' do. The Spa race is a two hour race (just like ours was) in the British GT Series, with assists. http://www.britishgt.com/calendar.php. This category requires assists, and most race series' in this category are not primarily endurance races.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pirelli_World_Challenge
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/International_GT_Open
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Blancpain_Sprint_Series
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/British_GT_Championship
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/United_SportsCar_Championship

Well it is blancpain. You may not be running blancpain rules, but the cars are blancpain cars without a shadow of a doubt.

Anyway. I would never have joined had I known everyone is running assists now. Hopefully you'll let me know if any decent organised no assist racing is happening.

And no, I wasn't calling normal racing drivers wank for running assists as they could quite easily die in their vehicles. Its wank for people to be driving easy cars for under an hour with full assists, but we all have opinions.

Have fun anyway. Had a good few races with you guys, cant race when not on an even playing field. Not your fault, I just thought it would be standard hardcore rules, so my mistake. Hope yo catch you all down the line

I agree, they are Blancpain cars as far as the look goes. In fact, some have that on them. Not sure how they pulled that off. :O_o:.

Thanks for understanding Peter. This is sort of a starter series anyway, as Peter H. has better put it many times. Sorry to lose you as you were very good of late and always have great ideas. You can bet we will run no assists in the future if we can keep interest in pCARS up. I'm with you on that generally. And I think most of the other cars in the game don't have assists.

And you are right...tons of other options, although we seem to have stuck with the game through the hard times, and others have paused or broken away. Yet, I still know of a couple very good people who run other championships around the same time on the weekend w/o assists. I'm at denovoinnc@yahoo.com if you want the reference, since we aren't supposed to mention other sites here. In fact I have to go practice for one now. They run rotating leagues in three week cycles on Saturdays. Michael's group was on Sundays I think.

What do you think of F1? Any chance you would be joining that if it takes hold here? I hope it does.

I agree, they are Blancpain cars as far as the look goes. In fact, some have that on them. Not sure how they pulled that off. :O_o:.

Thanks for understanding Peter. This is sort of a starter series anyway, as Peter H. has better put it many times. Sorry to lose you as you were very good of late and always have great ideas. You can bet we will run no assists in the future if we can keep interest in pCARS up. I'm with you on that generally. And I think most of the other cars in the game don't have assists.

And you are right...tons of other options, although we seem to have stuck with the game through the hard times, and others have paused or broken away. Yet, I still know of a couple very good people who run other championships around the same time on the weekend w/o assists. I'm at denovoinnc@yahoo.com if you want the reference, since we aren't supposed to mention other sites here. In fact I have to go practice for one now. They run rotating leagues in three week cycles on Saturdays. Michael's group was on Sundays I think.

What do you think of F1? Any chance you would be joining that if it takes hold here? I hope it does.

I'm not sure my car (the Audi) is even running in the British GT championship, or the Bentley.. Which is why I say they're not really British GT cars
I concede that the blancpain have a sprint series as well as endurance, but as far as I know the rules throughout the various GT series' are similar so they can compete in the endurance events. I still think GT cars would not have ABS or TC if they didn't have to have their cars used for pretty ridiculous endurance races. Did you enjoy F1 when it went through its many driver aid periods through the 90s and also when it was brought back in 2001? Ultimately we do not enjoy assists in general for the same reasons I'd guess. Its about man and machine, not man, machine and a supercomputer helping out.

I still completely feel that the assists are only there for long races. They were allowed in F1 in the early 2000's mainly due to paranoia over an inalibility to govern what each team was doing. Mika said in that video they have assists to help them on longer races.

I don't mind losing mate. Happened enough on f1.. But I like to know just how slow I am compared to my fellow competitors. Doesn't matter how good fun the racing is, I just want to enjoy a level playing field and at least lose on equal terms

F1, I'd imagine so. Cant wait to get it.. Probably will over the next few days.. But yeah, 100% up for that. Will be weird for me as I only played a few months of 2013 before I got the one and obviously didn't try the 2014 game. Sure I'll love it irrespective of bugs

I don't mind losing mate. Happened enough on f1.. But I like to know just how slow I am compared to my fellow competitors. Doesn't matter how good fun the racing is, I just want to enjoy a level playing field and at least lose on equal terms
you are racing on equal terms, everyone including you was racing with the assists, there were set to real so everyone was using them so it was equal. traction control on these cars in like any other set up element, you set it up on the set ups

I'm not sure my car (the Audi) is even running in the British GT championship, or the Bentley.. Which is why I say they're not really British GT cars
I concede that the blancpain have a sprint series as well as endurance, but as far as I know the rules throughout the various GT series' are similar so they can compete in the endurance events. I still think GT cars would not have ABS or TC if they didn't have to have their cars used for pretty ridiculous endurance races. Did you enjoy F1 when it went through its many driver aid periods through the 90s and also when it was brought back in 2001? Ultimately we do not enjoy assists in general for the same reasons I'd guess. Its about man and machine, not man, machine and a supercomputer helping out.

I still completely feel that the assists are only there for long races. They were allowed in F1 in the early 2000's mainly due to paranoia over an inalibility to govern what each team was doing. Mika said in that video they have assists to help them on longer races.

F1, I'd imagine so. Cant wait to get it.. Probably will over the next few days.. But yeah, 100% up for that. Will be weird for me as I only played a few months of 2013 before I got the one and obviously didn't try the 2014 game. Sure I'll love it irrespective of bugs

Actually the Audi is running in the British GT because it meets the FIA spec., but it's aaaaawful. lol. http://www.britishgt.com/results.php?event=3&season=2015&session=Race 1 Result

You are indeed right about the Bentley and there is no Ruf either. Porsche yes, but that's not the same I'll admit.

I'd prefer F1 with no assists, you bet. In fact, I'd take the assists off the GT3 cars if I could. But I can't. I'd do the same for the LMP cars too, but I think you are right, that LeMans sort of drives the spec. and they are only a 24 hour race.

I agree with your whole statement because I don't like assists any more than you do. We just have to agree to disagree about whether or not pCARS racing should accurately mirror real life. But that's ok, I don't plan on any more GT series' soon. I'm really hoping IndyCar gets here relatively soon.

And I'm really glad you are running F1. If you have the time, we have a GP3 series going, and those cars are my favorite. No assists, and we go when GT is off.

Be prepared for a lot of bugs with F1 and maybe a broken multiplayer for a while, but I think you will really dig the handling.

Looks like I might not make this now guys. Been out at this charity run today and now have family still at home and it doesn't look like they'll be going before race time. Disappointed to miss out after finding decent pace here but I did say it might not be possible... If things change I'll jump on..

If i don't make it let me know your race times and I'll run a race another time to see how I would have compared.

Actually the Audi is running in the British GT because it meets the FIA spec., but it's aaaaawful. lol. http://www.britishgt.com/results.php?event=3&season=2015&session=Race 1 Result

You are indeed right about the Bentley and there is no Ruf either. Porsche yes, but that's not the same I'll admit.

I'd prefer F1 with no assists, you bet. In fact, I'd take the assists off the GT3 cars if I could. But I can't. I'd do the same for the LMP cars too, but I think you are right, that LeMans sort of drives the spec. and they are only a 24 hour race.

I agree with your whole statement because I don't like assists any more than you do. We just have to agree to disagree about whether or not pCARS racing should accurately mirror real life. But that's ok, I don't plan on any more GT series' soon. I'm really hoping IndyCar gets here relatively soon.

And I'm really glad you are running F1. If you have the time, we have a GP3 series going, and those cars are my favorite. No assists, and we go when GT is off.

Be prepared for a lot of bugs with F1 and maybe a broken multiplayer for a while, but I think you will really dig the handling.

Yeah I have time. Will email you some time soon and we'll discuss. I probably know some of the people you race with

Reactions: Rob
I see your argument @Peter Evans , and understand your view on that. But it's not like this series allows some to race with/without assists. By Forcing Real Assists (Setting for Online Racing turn on the XB and check it out) in every race, everyone is required to run what the Real Life cars do. No advantage to anyone really. In qualifying you can see that speed wise we are usually fairly close. I think anything less than 15 laps is a sprint race, anything longer and you are getting into a Pro Driver scenario. In the Real British GT series those guys only race for about an hour anyway before that switch drivers. Our short races are an hour, our long races 1:45 (Spa) 1:50 (Silverstone) I too have been spoiled by the assists in the GT3 cars, but to fix that I try other series that don't run assists. If you really want to spin your wheels out of a corner just turn up your wheel slip % then your tires will be gone by the end of the race if that is the feel you desire.

I see your argument @Peter Evans , and understand your view on that. But it's not like this series allows some to race with/without assists. By Forcing Real Assists (Setting for Online Racing turn on the XB and check it out) in every race, everyone is required to run what the Real Life cars do. No advantage to anyone really. In qualifying you can see that speed wise we are usually fairly close. I think anything less than 15 laps is a sprint race, anything longer and you are getting into a Pro Driver scenario. In the Real British GT series those guys only race for about an hour anyway before that switch drivers. Our short races are an hour, our long races 1:45 (Spa) 1:50 (Silverstone) I too have been spoiled by the assists in the GT3 cars, but to fix that I try other series that don't run assists. If you really want to spin your wheels out of a corner just turn up your wheel slip % then your tires will be gone by the end of the race if that is the feel you desire.

Its actually not about feel. I've already said I enjoy no assist racing. Its as simple as that. For me, racedepartment have always had a hardcore base who love the no assist challenge. I just thought this was business as usual

You don't need to try and convince me dude. Hope you enjoy the rest of your series. Maybe I'll catch you further down the line

This is what it does on mine

Attachments

• WP_20150725_22_38_07_Raw.jpg
    WP_20150725_22_38_07_Raw.jpg
    273.8 KB · Views: 199
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

What would make you race in our Club events

• Special events

Votes: 88 30.3%
  • More leagues