Status
Not open for further replies.
I know we are all excited for this release. What I don't know is how many people intend to a) play it on the xbox one and b) would like to join some sort of a formal league here at Race Department.

There are so many possibilities, I've had to calm myself down from getting lost in them. However, my main passion, IndyCar, will probably not be able to be run until the DLC with the ovals comes to the Xbox One.

That said, what sort of series would you like to see? Personally, ones that come to mind are Tudor United Sports Car Series, WEC, British Touring Car, and DTM. One of these could fill the gap for me until IndyCar is possible, but others may have better ideas.

Please indicate below if you are interested and what sort of times you are available and which series' you prefer. We could follow the actual schedule of many a series, due to the timing of the release. Personally, if they get the ovals out before IndyCar starts, I'll probably turn my focus there, but nothing would prevent running another alongside.

The anticipation is killing me! :sick:

They identified that the problem is related to when another car is in the pits close to you but not getting released... ie having suffered a race ending problem. So provided the car you went in with came out you were going to be fine :thumbsup:

Makes sense since you were not released at Spa. But I'm a bit confused as to how you managed to sit in the garage w/o being released. Were you stuck? Or did you somehow quit the game and it just kept you there when it should not have?

And I'm still not sure how this explains Railer getting stuck at Oulton. I'll have to go back and check to see if there was another car in the pits when he got stuck (of course that was pre 2.0).

Makes sense since you were not released at Spa. But I'm a bit confused as to how you managed to sit in the garage w/o being released. Were you stuck? Or did you somehow quit the game and it just kept you there when it should not have?

And I'm still not sure how this explains Railer getting stuck at Oulton. I'll have to go back and check to see if there was another car in the pits when he got stuck (of course that was pre 2.0).
Simple, when I went into the pits I never closed my pit box and until you do that they don't work on your car.

I blew my engine to try to spectate at the first Oulton as I was still on the pad so I'm assuming it was my car that triggered Railer being stuck. Also think Boothy blew an engine...

Simple, when I went into the pits I never closed my pit box and until you do that they don't work on your car.

I blew my engine to try to spectate at the first Oulton as I was still on the pad so I'm assuming it was my car that triggered Railer being stuck. Also think Boothy blew an engine...

SMS did not mention a mechanical failure as a possible cause of being stuck...thus, my query.

I agree, I could have used some TC in that Procar in the rain.. I couldn't turn the car if I got over 35 mph. Also my brakes would lock and send me into the kitty litter on just about every corner coming off of a straight.

SMS did not mention a mechanical failure as a possible cause of being stuck...thus, my query.
They said it was caused by another nearby car causing the stuck cars pit AI controller to think it was being blocked... The only way the other car in the pits could cause that was if it stayed in the pits and that only happens in two scenarios

1) There is a mechanical problem.
2) The player deliberately stays in the pits like I did at Spa.

They said it was caused by another nearby car causing the stuck cars pit AI controller to think it was being blocked... The only way the other car in the pits could cause that was if it stayed in the pits and that only happens in two scenarios

1) There is a mechanical problem.
2) The player deliberately stays in the pits like I did at Spa.

Here is the direct quote: "Related to the player car AI controller believing it to be blocked from leaving the pit slot (by another nearby car)."

They didn't specify under what scenario the "another nearby car" would cause the A.I. controller to "believe" it was blocked. That's was my only point. The other car can be "blocked" simply by another nearby car, as I read it, as long as it is in the stall. And we have had many different scenarios too. When you blew your engine Peter, you were not even in the pits. Clearly, though, SMS said "another car" has to be *in* the pits at the same time, which I don't think was the case with Railer.

No matter, I'll just be glad when they fix it. And I hope they truly did find the cause. I'm just questioning their reasoning, but I assume they know what they are doing (don't laugh). In essence, they watched my Spa video and may have keyed off of that scenario, which, as we know, was not the only circumstance which caused someone to be stuck. My hope is that they will modify the A.I. controller (of your car) and that will release you automatically w/o incident. Sort of like how they fixed the missing tire issue. You can see the car reset magically when you pit with damage.

Oh well, I guess there is always Microsoft as a backup (sigh).

No but I don't think it's a coincidence that every time it has happened there has been a car with a mech failure of just simply in the pits like I was. They didn't say the offending car has to be in the pits.. just nearby. When I blew my engine at Oulton my car was in the garage and I could view any cars going past in the pits so maybe the game still sees that as an active 'nearby' car.. who knows. I do know that it was my car at Spa was that was blocking you for sure. Anyway, moot point at the moment as hopefully their fix will resolve the problem but we probably won't find out for another few weeks yet. But if it doesn't solve it I definitely think we should test the mechanical failures theory at least.

Like I've said three times already, I do not even have an option to mess with my traction control in my sessions. I think I'd know if my car had abs and tcs all of a sudden. I do practice before races now, so I know what my pace is. If I had assists on then I would go faster. If you feel it makes no difference running them and that it makes you no faster you should have no problem banning assists

And Peter. No thanks. I see your argument, but whether these guys like it or not I'm in a completely different race to them. Might as well go and join a public lobby. The whole point of organised racing for me is running with people who enjoy the same challenge as myself. My previous attempts at FM5 racing got overrun with assist people. I'll just opt out for now and hopefully some no assist stuff gets happening a little further down the line.

Like I've said three times already, I do not even have an option to mess with my traction control in my sessions. I think I'd know if my car had abs and tcs all of a sudden. I do practice before races now, so I know what my pace is. If I had assists on then I would go faster. If you feel it makes no difference running them and that it makes you no faster you should have no problem banning assists

And Peter. No thanks. I see your argument, but whether these guys like it or not I'm in a completely different race to them. Might as well go and join a public lobby. The whole point of organised racing for me is running with people who enjoy the same challenge as myself. My previous attempts at FM5 racing got overrun with assist people. I'll just opt out for now and hopefully some no assist stuff gets happening a little further down the line.

enjoy your public lobbies then ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back