Status
Not open for further replies.
I know we are all excited for this release. What I don't know is how many people intend to a) play it on the xbox one and b) would like to join some sort of a formal league here at Race Department.

There are so many possibilities, I've had to calm myself down from getting lost in them. However, my main passion, IndyCar, will probably not be able to be run until the DLC with the ovals comes to the Xbox One.

That said, what sort of series would you like to see? Personally, ones that come to mind are Tudor United Sports Car Series, WEC, British Touring Car, and DTM. One of these could fill the gap for me until IndyCar is possible, but others may have better ideas.

Please indicate below if you are interested and what sort of times you are available and which series' you prefer. We could follow the actual schedule of many a series, due to the timing of the release. Personally, if they get the ovals out before IndyCar starts, I'll probably turn my focus there, but nothing would prevent running another alongside.

The anticipation is killing me! :sick:

I really hope you can make it.
Robert? why don't we try to reach more americans (as in the continent) thru NACRA forums?
maybe we can get 3-5 guys from there, the one thing that is missing from RD is american players, that's why i couldn't do any races here, this is the first time that i can join an event and i'm a member since RACE PRO was supported by RD.

I really hope you can make it.
Robert? why don't we try to reach more americans (as in the continent) thru NACRA forums?
maybe we can get 3-5 guys from there, the one thing that is missing from RD is american players, that's why i couldn't do any races here, this is the first time that i can join an event and i'm a member since RACE PRO was supported by RD.
Have you looked at our GT Series Gustavo, there's a few Americans racing there and we try to race at times that suit as many as possible.

Have you looked at our GT Series Gustavo, there's a few Americans racing there and we try to race at times that suit as many as possible.

Also look for a new F1 2015 season. Typically they are on Sundays around 10am your time. I'm going to drag Peter kicking and screaming into one that follows the actual season next year unless something crops up sooner.

Karl, $399 USD XB1 1TB HardDrive, Forza 6 "Sick" Pre-order! 24 person-multiplayer working pits, dynamic weather. All you need to know plus TX wheel coming down in price.
It's still a major outlay in anyones book though. Once you add the TX and F1 2015 and pCars you are looking at what $800? I lucked out with the deal I got that included a brand new XBO plus pCars for under £250. I grabbed it while I could otherwise chances are I would be still soley on the 360.

to me its crazy that people who havent got a xbox one are just interested in racing games, seen alot of people say they wasnt going to get x1 because the f1 game wasnt great, I have both consoles because i love gaming full stop, if anyone gets the chance to play rocket league its amazing, if some is going to pay all that just for a racing game surely you might as well get a gaming pc and play the big bucks games.

I'd do the PC route if it didn't require me to upgrade everytime a newer, better game came out with higher system requirements. That gets expensive, and with iRacing you have to pay for the Subscription and the Internet. I already pay $50/mo just for Internet. Really have to invest quite a bit in order to have a good experience. But I know it's still cheaper and more readily available than Real Racing. I've got two (11yr old Boy, and 9yr old Girl) that are budget breakers for that. I have a work laptop so no need for a PC, and the console is just more family friendly. I traded in my Grid Autosport and the only thing I play on 360 is GTA5 now.

to me its crazy that people who havent got a xbox one are just interested in racing games, seen alot of people say they wasnt going to get x1 because the f1 game wasnt great, I have both consoles because i love gaming full stop, if anyone gets the chance to play rocket league its amazing, if some is going to pay all that just for a racing game surely you might as well get a gaming pc and play the big bucks games.
I think most that stick with the consoles for their racing do so for a couple of reasons:-
1) Cost.. a PC is still more expensive than a console. Especially with the available deals at the moment. Example.. mine with a wheel has cost me 300 quid including Project Cars. You are not going to get a PC, wheel and game for that.
2) Simplicity. Switch on your console and it works. No messing with drivers, no compatibility issues, upgrade concerns ,etc.

In the long run PC is better for many reasons but right now the console still comes out better for me for the above reasons.

I don't play anything but racing games.. My months ahead will be dominated by pCars, F1 2015, one of the rally games maybe and a motorcycle game possibly. But the first and second will be taking up probably 90% of my gaming time. Other games don't really interest me.. I played them when I was younger but right now there's nothing that makes me think I really must try that. Especially when they cost almost 50 quid a pop. Racing games I can play forever, I never tire of them... I would still be playing F1 2010 if a newer version had not come out while other games have a finite time period where they are fun and then they sit on the shelf.

Karl, $399 USD XB1 1TB HardDrive, Forza 6 "Sick" Pre-order! 24 person-multiplayer working pits, dynamic weather. All you need to know plus TX wheel coming down in price.
Peter is right, considering the cost of Wheels, and if you want to add a headset, the cost is up to $1000. I just haven't got it atm. On top of that my wife is switching jobs and will be making less (but will also have a lot less stress i hope).
Money is one part of the equation, but another part is CodeMasters botching of the series the last couple years. The only games i have played in the last 5 years with any consistency have been the F1 games. The other racing games are fun, but just don't hold my interest. The lack of support with the F1 games over the past couple years has really done it in for me. F1 2013 had a botched North American release, and then when it finally was released it was DL only. Ya they patched some issues frequently at the start, but that game still had issues and the patches stopped quite soon after release. F1 2014 didn't receive support at all after release even with the glaring difference btwn pad and wheel racers. Now CM have released a game on the new system that can't even be played online yet. If it had been released and was getting great reviews i'd be saving my money and looking to get the game and wheel and new system within the next year, but at this point it just doesn't look like it's going to happen.... maybe F1 2016 will be good. I'm not going to hold out hope though.

EDIT - at this point i look forward to revisiting career mode in f1 2014 when our season is done, and maybe going back to the older F1 games for a season or two. I'll definitely miss racing against real drivers here, but i'll just have to do without it for a while.

Last edited:
Peter is right, considering the cost of Wheels, and if you want to add a headset, the cost is up to $1000. I just haven't got it atm. On top of that my wife is switching jobs and will be making less (but will also have a lot less stress i hope).
Money is one part of the equation, but another part is CodeMasters botching of the series the last couple years. The only games i have played in the last 5 years with any consistency have been the F1 games. The other racing games are fun, but just don't hold my interest. The lack of support with the F1 games over the past couple years has really done it in for me. F1 2013 had a botched North American release, and then when it finally was released it was DL only. Ya they patched some issues frequently at the start, but that game still had issues and the patches stopped quite soon after release. F1 2014 didn't receive support at all after release even with the glaring difference btwn pad and wheel racers. Now CM have released a game on the new system that can't even be played online yet. If it had been released and was getting great reviews i'd be saving my money and looking to get the game and wheel and new system within the next year, but at this point it just doesn't look like it's going to happen.... maybe F1 2016 will be good. I'm not going to hold out hope though.

EDIT - at this point i look forward to revisiting career mode in f1 2014 when our season is done, and maybe going back to the older F1 games for a season or two. I'll definitely miss racing against real drivers here, but i'll just have to do without it for a while.

I own f1 2011 guilty pleasure but one i loved, defo worth going back

lol Next year I may be about ready to jump into an F1 season but would 10am CDT not make it about 4pm my time?

Probably. I'm bad with maths. Or maybe I remember the start time wrong since it's been so long. :unsure:

In any case, "next year" the main league (if it starts) will be going and if there is enough interest in following the actual season in 2016, maybe that would b the time to jump. But never underestimate the power of your most beloved racing series Peter. lol. Remember, you have not played it yet. And they very well could fix multiplayer, but we shall see. To me, it's very compelling in its current form. I played an online race last night just fine. It really depends on weather custom online will work. Right now, the game pulls me as much as pCARS. Glad I didn't listen to the critics.

It's still a major outlay in anyones book though. Once you add the TX and F1 2015 and pCars you are looking at what $800? I lucked out with the deal I got that included a brand new XBO plus pCars for under £250. I grabbed it while I could otherwise chances are I would be still soley on the 360.

Yea, and if anything, now that the new console is out, it's a good time to wait for the old one to come down further. 500G is plenty for me. I just don't play but 2-3 racers at once. I could load them all on the HDD if I wanted and still have 50% free. I think Karl is in the same ballpark. And for Karl, don't forget, the TX is much cheaper in N America.

I can't even shudder to think about an F1 league without you Karl. It just seems wrong. Hope you reconsider. You are so much of a great addition to any league that it would suck not having you, but I do understand about the money.

What you may want to hold out judgment on a bit is the F1 2015 game itself. Peter always said, you will never know unless you play it, and I'm glad I was sort of in the dark when I got it. I went in without the negative hype, and I find it the best racing game they have put out...so far. Granted, private (I don't use public) multiplayer being broken could destroy the experience, but I'll still be glad I bought it. Three things -- the A.I., the physics (tire and ffb), and the immersion make it very very close to pCARS in my book. Then again, I'm just one guy...and I know there have been lots of naysayers. I have not seen a bug yet in about 6 hours of play. And I had a 5 lap race in a public lobby last night without incident (ummm...well...THOSE kind of incidents which are the game's fault. I love the new penalty system, which is much more in line with real F1. And I also love the new pit engineer. :inlove:

The wheel sells in the US for $294 and the box will come down now. Not sure how much. My bet is about $50-100 in a few months. $250 at worst. That's not too bad, esp. if you go w/o Kinect, which is useless.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

What would be the ideal raceday for you to join our Club Races?

• Monday

Votes: 50 12.3%
  • Tuesday

Votes: 42 10.3%
  • Wednesday

Votes: 48 11.8%
  • Thursday

Votes: 46 11.3%
  • Friday

Votes: 141 34.6%
  • Saturday

Votes: 240 59.0%