Status
Not open for further replies.
I know we are all excited for this release. What I don't know is how many people intend to a) play it on the xbox one and b) would like to join some sort of a formal league here at Race Department.

There are so many possibilities, I've had to calm myself down from getting lost in them. However, my main passion, IndyCar, will probably not be able to be run until the DLC with the ovals comes to the Xbox One.

That said, what sort of series would you like to see? Personally, ones that come to mind are Tudor United Sports Car Series, WEC, British Touring Car, and DTM. One of these could fill the gap for me until IndyCar is possible, but others may have better ideas.

Please indicate below if you are interested and what sort of times you are available and which series' you prefer. We could follow the actual schedule of many a series, due to the timing of the release. Personally, if they get the ovals out before IndyCar starts, I'll probably turn my focus there, but nothing would prevent running another alongside.

The anticipation is killing me! :sick:

Well that was fun, Figured so far behind id pit and race with Robert unfortunately think they overpressured my tires and just became an understeery mess lead to me losing my front tyres so at that point called it a night.

Was glad to have you Bothy, it was a pleasant surprise. I think I thought Peter was on Boothy because I got a message, but he was actually on a smartphone I think. My bad.

I made a few mistakes as usual and it turned into a test session, but I'll post the video later. Gustavo is a great guy. We spent more time talking after the race than in the race and he gave me a few pointers re: the wheel and setup. Really knowledgeable about gaming and racing in general. Knows so many cars and tracks and drivers. And super fast. 1:24 almost. Sheesh. He says GT3 is next, so fast guys watch out. lol.

Here is the race from my car. Not much to see, except a decent lap and some passes at the end. Great drive from Gustavo. A good 2-3 seconds faster than the A.I. in qualy, where they are quick. Interestingly I pitted with another car I believe and I was released. :O_o:

Zolder Results:
1. Gustavo - 13 (fastest qualifier @ 1:25.103) (FLOR)
2. Robert - 8
3. Boothy - 6

Standings after Zolder:
1. Robert - 16
2. Gustavo - 13
2. Peter - 13
4. Boothy - 12

Last edited:
This is what it does on mine

Interesting. Well thanks for teaching me something about how pCARS works. Your scenario is worrisome not because you can disadvantage yourself (as Michael pointed out, any of us can) but because the lobby can't be set right. I hope the inverse is not true, where you can turn on assists personally and then have them on for an online race that forces them off.

Also, Gustavo pointed out today that he could run the racing line, and shazam, he was right. No way could I turn that off! WTF! He was good enough to mention it and said it was "honor system" rules. Too bad these things got through.

Here is the race from my car. Not much to see, except a decent lap and some passes at the end. Great drive from Gustavo. A good 2-3 seconds faster than the A.I. in qualy, where they are quick. Interestingly I pitted with another car I believe and I was released. :O_o:
They identified that the problem is related to when another car is in the pits close to you but not getting released... ie having suffered a race ending problem. So provided the car you went in with came out you were going to be fine :thumbsup:

Reactions: Rob
I think the individual settings overide the race ones but but totally sure. Problem is you can't tell because you can't check anything in the settings. Hence why they should not be set from outside the race sessions screen. The fact that I was in that bumper cam view for some reason last week despite the race being set for interior is a clue to the race rules being possible to overide.

@Peter Evans you've been racing on even terms with me as I always keep assists off. It's something I've always done and struggle to accept putting them on although fully accept the reasons they were left on for this series :thumbsup: I just enjoy the challenge of trying to best those running them :thumbsup:

I don't think that is totally true...I have my Assists turned off...(Not set to Real since I have been driving the ProCar) and when ever I set up a Private room for Testing..I "FORCE REAL ASSISTS" and my ABS and TC are there. So Unless his Game is Broken ( I wouldn't be surprised given SMS) and everyone else's isn't then it should be the same for everyone. That's why it says "Force" Real assists. TORA doesn't Force this so you can run either way. Which is probably why I got destroyed at Zolder in the Rain before I was disconnected.

Last edited:
I don't think that is totally true...I have my Assists turned off...(Not set to Real since I have been driving the ProCar) and when ever I set up a Private room for Testing..I "FORCE REAL ASSISTS" and my ABS and TC are there. So Unless his Game is Broken ( I wouldn't be surprised given SMS) and everyone else's isn't then it should be the same for everyone. That's why it says "Force" Real assists. TORA doesn't Force this so you can run either way. Which is probably why I got destroyed at Zolder in the Rain before I was disconnected.

Come to think of it, it works the other way around too Michael. I have my assists set to "Real" in my own settings, but when I run the Procar (such as the last two weekends) the assists are forced off and I have not. I have the slider, but it's useless. That was very apparent at Monza in the rain. Also no assists when I force them off in practice. Really there is very little difference between assists and no assists in the dry, at least to me. Where you really can make some gains are on bad tires or rain.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes