Porsche 911 Singer

Cars Porsche 911 Singer 1.1

Login or Register an account to download this content
@Kyuubeey : just ran a few laps of the Singer around Feldbergring, my test track for this, then ran a few of the Yellowbird with your tweaks. Didn't look around to compare data, but noticed tire wear is noticeably more pronounced on the Singer, both semislicks, even if Ruf has over 150 more horses under the hood.
Not over 150, more like 50ps more. Singer has stiffer springs and damping though, that could contribute to it.

Besides, not like I can even decide what the tire wear rate is.

My bad. Was putting Singer around 300hp in my head. Time for bed. :geek:

@Ben O'Bro : headlights are clearer now, but there's this:
Screenshot_bo_singer_feldberg_21-10-119-22-56-9.jpg

If you've only changed that folder name, then select another skin in the vanilla AC gui, and go back to it (it's Black & Orange), then it should start showing (just replicated it):
View attachment 330311
If you still have preview problems after changing all skin folder names, try to clear car preview cache (settings>general). I guess I won't be able to convince you to use CM instead :).

I installed the trial CM version, all the previews work. Will get the full version. It looks complicated, but as with anything, it will get simpler to use the more I use it.
Thanks for the little push to get CM. Will probably wish I got it long ago.

Great car but, as some said, the braking distribution is way off respect to optimal usage of available adherence.

Bear in mind that the objective is to match the actual car, not necessarily to optimize it.

The 993TT had a bias of 78% front. The Carreras were around 74%. Obviously assumptions are being made about the Singer, but those numbers are based on data.

G sensor based rear wheel steering?
Never heard of Porsche doing that, most I've heard of are speed based so you can turn well at slow speeds ie. parking lot and change lanes at high speed on highway.

Otherwise it seems almost same as what I had so far in testing except the brakes are now pretty useless at the 79% to front and I probably had that edited fixed to make it driveable or it was still open in setup in the test version to fix easily. Damn I can't even stop into a downhill U turn now. It's a % suitable for some very heavy front over axle engine car, say some VW/Audi heavy diesel hanging is a bumper in front as they like to do. Around 65% is fairly usable with rear heavy 911 like cars.

If I got a Singer, hypothetically for sake of discussion, and it arrived with such brake balance... they would have a call same day to fix it with a note: the rear brakes are not working!

In AC... might as well drop gears like drift madman to lock the rears to be able to stop or pull the handbrake if one really needs to stop hard. Right now it's front brakes ABS exercise and how well or poorly can AC do ABS.

Open it in setup menu to some sensible values, it's an easy fix :)

Assumption is that data.acd has same data as the data folder. Didn't bother unpacking it myself to be sure.

As tricky as it is to drive with the brakes, tyres (SM look more like Kunos ST to me in the data), tall gears (they actually fit Ebisu to pull out of corners low RPM full throttle), it's still very fast and surprisingly grippy (probably due to the suspension and how it changes camber all the time, at least it's not changing front toe like many of the Kunos 911s do which is damn annoying to me on any car). I don't use the default dampers or diff settings in setup menu, not a balance I want so I change it since it's open in setup menu.

Will try drive it some more online if people are on server with it.

@JackCY

I mean, the front and rear camber and toe, including the bushing induced toe from lateral G, match up something like 90%+, at least on stock geometry. Only real inaccuracy is rear camber on droop.

You do know that basically every single road car after 1980 or so has some kind of engineered-in toe movement, or if it's not engineered in, then an unwanted toe movement like the toe-out on trailing arms. :roflmao:

Porsche engineered toe-in to the Weissach axle rear trailing arms and multilink on lateral G; as do Nissan engineer toe-in to their front and rear suspensions. Again, every single roadcar has toe movement from G forces on stock bushings, either due to an engineering goal or due to the nature of rubber bushings. Technically every roadcar should have G controllers to move the wheels from any G forces, but that's sadly not possible.

Bear in mind that the objective is to match the actual car, not necessarily to optimize it.

The 993TT had a bias of 78% front. The Carreras were around 74%. Obviously assumptions are being made about the Singer, but those numbers are based on data.

Can you share some reference about it?

I found this discussion with brake torque calculations for different combination of disks/callipers/proportioning valves.
Maybe it can be useful:
https://rennlist.com/forums/964-forum/616217-brake-proportioning-valve-help-needed-4.html

For the protocol :geek:: does this project mean Singer DLS (in partnership with Dynamics and Lightweighting Study)? Or are the authors of the mod focused on an earlier Singer project? Because the authors did not specify what served as the basis for the mod from real life.

But anyway - thanks for the chic mod! ;)

For the protocol :geek:: does this project mean Singer DLS (in partnership with Dynamics and Lightweighting Study)? Or are the authors of the mod focused on an earlier Singer project? Because the authors did not specify what served as the basis for the mod from real life.

But anyway - thanks for the chic mod! ;)
Hey,

It's not the DSL, but the more classic variant. 4.0 liter with the 390~ whp and the lower end KW coilovers, because I have some data for the kit.

The whole Singer mentality is about optimizing every aspect of the car and making everything work seamlessly together. The fact that they obsessed for almost 2 years over the perfect wheel fenders shape and about a year on spring and damper rates should've made the question of how much they want the car to rotate under hard braking a no brainer, considering that with 78% front ratio the car acts like a sled under hard braking (too much braking power vs too little weight transferred at the front, so that the wheels can grip). The current Singer simulates the 993TT's brakes, which actually have less braking force at the rear than the RS (smaller pistons than on the C4/C2S even). Good thing, though, maybe it's wise to keep the info for a future AWD version of the Singer? :whistling:

What I'd be looking for is neutral handling that allows a fluid transition with respect to vehicle rotation from braking to acceleration. So I think going with the no valve TT's would be the easier option also given that AC can't simulate the kick-in of the valve in the first place (afaik), which only leaves the option to have high front bias from the start - which is bad. For pv to work properly more weight would have to be sent to the front while braking, which would involve softening springs/dampers. That would mess up the whole handling, which i think is quite good in current form. Considering that the current setup leaves enough weight at the back while braking, using it to stop the car is the logical choice.

Some general bits of information:
https://www.pelicanparts.com/MotorCity/wmv/brakes.htm
http://www.jackals-forge.com/lotus/993/RSbrakes/rsbrakes.html
http://www.964uk.com/Documents/Pano Brake Article 2005.pdf
http://forums.pelicanparts.com/pors...rake-conversion-brake-bias-help-needed-2.html

Last edited:
Great car.

Mine works fine except for a slight reflection of behind-me environment in the gauges. Full CM+betaShader+Sol.

Not entirely sure about sound choice. Fine for the engine, but transmission and gearshift are not quite accurate.

Ohhhh. Pretty.

Done some night driving and I want to congratulate you for adjusting the intensity of the instrument lights to a good level. Very often they are way too bright, but not yours.

small hotfix
just the kn5 (whole 3D of the car + textures)
to fix the reflect of the dials, few transparency fixed, working rain
and extension folder for a test of metalic effect of the paint with shader patch, and working clock :p
http://benobro.org/sub/bo_singer_kn5_191021.7z

@Ben O'Bro : headlights are clearer now, but there's this:
View attachment 330516
i increased the value for the light mask highlight compared to previous
it's basically a cheat to highlight the glass where the beam goes through
otherwise it looks plain stupid

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back