Porsche 911 Singer

Cars Porsche 911 Singer 1.1

Login or Register an account to download this content
There was someone who mentioned ff getting a bit lighter with a later update. Noticed inertia changed a bit. Before the car conveyed load a bit better, but data is data. For a better feel with the new data, i think ffmult should be just a tad stronger.

Maybe others could chime in on this as well.

PS (and offtopic): anyone tried mounting a Momo Prototipo wheel on the T300 base? PM me please if you have. :)

@Ben O'Bro
car is in 3D great. only!
can you resize rear brake disc? make it smaller. because is the same size like in front. in real car rear brake disc is smaller. and that rear caliper is to big, need also to be smaller, and it is on wrong position.
but main problem is. have to much engine power. ui_car is said have 458bhp. this car with 4.0 engine can have 390bhp, that is max. this power_390_wheel_new.lut have wrong Nm. mostly this car in mod have more power for about 70bhp. when you calculate in AC power you must calculate with Transmission loss. in AC is this system a little confusing. but to make sure everything is well calculated, it is best to do acceleration and max speed tests.
http://singervehicledesign.com/specifications/
when test speed vmax and acceleration. vmax here is over 310km/h. this car have spec on little over 280km/h or 176mph. with acceleration is something wrong on this car. are problem in gearbox or tires or both, need to be fix. here is 0-100km/h over 4.0sec. real car need to have 0-60mph for 3.3sec, or about 3.5-3.6sec on 0-100km/h.
http://singervehicledesign.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/03/OctaneTargaPBstory2016a.pdf
suspension have some pumping dumping effect when start or when is braking. need to be fix.
braking is to sensitive. need to be fix.
it needs more steering wheel feel, ffb. in car.ini
[CONTROLS]
STEER_ASSIST=1.000
make that 1.000 to 0.75 or similar to, and will be more good.

the mod is interesting and well worth the effort!
if you need help, ask. ;)

This car models the "big red" rotors from the 993, so that's 322mm front and rear. No error there.
18671543_10154437679671496_4360220380772980084_o.jpg

What still needs to be updated is the rear caliper positioning and drilling the rotors. That's about it.

As for the power you need to do some real research of your own, not just cite what Singer states as spec. They're not the first builder to understate the power. Japanese manufacturers do it all the time for JDM stuff, Toyota just did it with their new Supra. The car has more than 390, and that's someone everyone who's driven it can vouch for.

Pumping dumping?

I mean, my brakes are from experimental and theoretical data, and the engine is from a curve, so...

EDIT: Also it's hilarious you suggest to change "steering assist". :roflmao:

@jonelsorel

With the power, it's more a case of it being "wheel" horsepower, not flywheel. However the cars dyno high, low, as do engines out of the factory line. There is often a range. I found a curve for a completely different shaped and peak power/torque engine, out of a Singer. I'm just using Singer's reference graph for now, as it is probably the "ideal" curve.

Meant to spot the right (yellow) lights that turn on around the car when you flip the lights switch:

singer-porsches-in-london-02.jpg

singer-porsches-in-london-04.jpg

03-1100x732.jpg

09-1100x732.jpg

06-1100x732.jpg

Which means that just these light up with the turn signals:

03.jpg

and on the front:
64445370_10156112392071496_6168445314849046528_n.jpg

Which are also partially lit when headlights are on (?!).
Will look further.

Arch, Ben O'Bro & Szymon Kubick,

Brilliant job!
Really amazing!

Question: Is there any possibility to set the Engine Audio in a real position, behind the driver?
It improves a lot the VR experience.

Cya

Arch, Ben O'Bro & Szymon Kubick,

Brilliant job!
Really amazing!

Question: Is there any possibility to set the Engine Audio in a real position, behind the driver?
It improves a lot the VR experience.

Cya
Engine sound's not from the back?!

It's as "front" in sounds.ini, but I was told that is outdated and you do it all in FMOD now. I can't reliably check the sound, could you change it to "rear" yourself there and report back? It's in the data.acd, just unpack it.

Which are also partially lit when headlights are on (?!)....
Many countries in Europe won't allow you to use those fixed US position/side marker amber lights, only orange for temporary turning signs. There's also the red reflectors that seem to be added on bumpers, they'll be required in most countries and probably some US states if the main rear lights miss them. These two details will of course depend on the (legal?) version this car is modeled after.

This car models the "big red" rotors from the 993, so that's 322mm front and rear. No error there.
View attachment 330787

What still needs to be updated is the rear caliper positioning and drilling the rotors. That's about it.

As for the power you need to do some real research of your own, not just cite what Singer states as spec. They're not the first builder to understate the power. Japanese manufacturers do it all the time for JDM stuff, Toyota just did it with their new Supra. The car has more than 390, and that's someone everyone who's driven it can vouch for.

Pumping dumping?
and on this pic you can se rear brake disk is smaller then in front.

about engine power in real.
4.0-liter, 390 horsepower [* intended for off-road use only in certain territories]
  • Our 390BHP 4.0-liter engine grew from the DNA of our 3.8L Cosworth engine and has been meticulously developed by the engineers at Ed Pink Racing Engines to create our ultimate incarnation of the normally aspirated flat-six. With a 7,200 RPM redline this engine is a monster in the best sense of the word and imbued with heroic levels of torque – around 315lb/ft, and thrilling peak power output tantalizing close to 400hp. As with all our engines it retains the case of the 964 and employs a bespoke crankshaft, oil pump, pistons, cylinders, connecting rods, cams, cylinder heads, throttle bodies and intake system. Performance is extreme with 60mph and 100mph arriving in sub 3.3 seconds and 8.2 seconds respectively.
Pumping dumping? when you start car or on braking car go upsidedown like boat. :)

Yeah, and it still makes over 400 at the wheels on a dyno. *shrug*

Squat is correct. Dive should be almost correct although there is no good and smart way to get it right for a strut so I went for the best alternative. Even lift on either axle isn't that much off, although you can't get it right for a trailing arm while also getting the squat right. Or for almost any suspension in vanilla AC to be precise.

Find me a good video of a Singer car accelerating at max pedal and braking at max pedal + the exact springrate they run and we can talk. Otherwise your feedback is just your opinion and probably not very informed. I have a decent idea where the 964 stands in terms of anti-effects.

Yeah, and it still makes over 400 at the wheels on a dyno. *shrug*

Squat is correct. Dive should be almost correct although there is no good and smart way to get it right for a strut so I went for the best alternative. Even lift on either axle isn't that much off, although you can't get it right for a trailing arm while also getting the squat right. Or for almost any suspension in vanilla AC to be precise.

Find me a good video of a Singer car accelerating at max pedal and braking at max pedal + the exact springrate they run and we can talk. Otherwise your feedback is just your opinion and probably not very informed. I have a decent idea where the 964 stands in terms of anti-effects.
ok. but why your car have vmax over 310km/h?

about suspension you maybe right. but still this looks like boat. ;)
Im on first sim race driver, modering is my hobby. when you something moding, you need lot of testing.

brakes are to sensitive also.

You tell me how the topspeed is so much higher and 0-100 is so much slower: and we still need less power supposedly. The only way I see it being legit is if the curves are bullshit, car makes 390 flywheel and they did the tests on slicks. *shrug*

Brake bias is off, that's all. Open brakes.ini and apply the quoted out, no P/V values for a better, more accurate experience. I know how much brake torque the line should be making, and at what ratio, but because *no one* has a consumer sim pedal setup that's at all realistic, I've lowered it 15% IIRC. Right now it has the, likely incorrect, 993 Turbo brakes but with P/V. Singer seems to run it without a P/V.

By curiosity, what kind of tires was the 993 Turbo you drove that you're basing your impressions of the brakes on?

I didn't know that modeling included ripping other people's 3D and asking for donations for it. ;)

Sanio, what vmax over 310? Maybe because of the gearbox spec it's using what you see is the theoretical top speed in 6th? That's not an actual top speed.

And no, the rotors aren't smaller on the back in the picture or on the car. It's just the angle at which the shot is taken, as the camera sits closer to the front wheel.

And in all honesty, it is very rare that you see modders go to such depth for physics in AC as happens to be the case with this car. This is the result of a lot of mechanical understanding, tons of data research and a lot of head scratching for translating that data into AC as good as possible. If you do take the time to do at least some of the research yourself and understand what that data means - like i did too this last few days, you would probably be saying totally different things than "brakes are too sensitive and the suspension is dumping pumping".

your car delivery 458bhp on track. because of that your car go 310kmh and not 280kmh like real one.
if you need help about engine power, ask.
Im never know why people ask donation if they dont know how need to work theirs car. :D

Sanio, what vmax over 310? Maybe because of the gearbox spec it's using what you see is the theoretical top speed in 6th? That's not an actual top speed.

And no, the rotors aren't smaller on the back in the picture or on the car. It's just the angle at which the shot is taken, as the camera sits closer to the front wheel.

And in all honesty, it is very rare that you see modders go to such depth for physics in AC as happens to be the case with this car. This is the result of a lot of mechanical understanding, tons of data research and a lot of head scratching for translating that data into AC as good as possible. If you do take the time to do at least some of the research yourself and understand what that data means - like i did too this last few days, you would probably be saying totally different things than "brakes are too sensitive and the suspension is dumping pumping".
aha, it is normal on that car to have 322mm disc in front wheel and on rear wheel? don't be silly.

are this mod is over? no. Im just sugest what is wrong on car.
what is problem with you guys. take it easy. ;)

Well, I tested and v-max is closer to 335km/h. Aero and power limited.

Road and track's data says "redline limited", and they claim it in 6th gear @ 7300RPM. 283km/h. For the 2015 car I believe.

I hit 283km/h @ 6500 RPM or so in 6th. It's possible my final gear is longer than theirs: haven't found info for what final they use. We could pretty easily get the car to hit around that speed in 6th gear at that RPM if we just put in one of the common higher final gears and maybe tweak the tires' radius/expansion with RPM a little bit.

It's not vmax, it's just indicated top speed at a certain RPM in a certain gear. I'm sure even with 390bhp the car will go 300+.

Sanio, you really talk a lot of **** for someone who can't read a tech sheet carefully.

EDIT: Btw, I've worked on cars which have *bigger* rear rotors than the fronts. Of course, they were a little bit slimmer and had less pistons on the calipers. Again, please get educated and learn some stuff before you start talking smack.

Latest News

What would make you race in our Club events

• Special events

Votes: 25 23.4%
  • More leagues

Votes: 22 20.6%
  • Prizes

Votes: 20 18.7%
  • Trophies

Votes: 10 9.3%
  • Forum trophies

Votes: 6 5.6%