Porsche 911 Singer

Cars Porsche 911 Singer 1.1

Login or Register an account to download this content
Maybe was with ABS off?
Surely it was: ABS shouldn't let the fronts lock up like that.

For the Turbo, they moved bias forward just to make it safer. I can see why Singer would like that aspect. The drivers who brake properly won't have problems, and the ones who don't will go a bit more straight rather than coming around. Basically if you're braking with full pedal and trying to turn, it's a driver issue.

Full pedal gives instability even with the slightest weight shift left/right. It's the trailbraking that is largely crippled now. 200 vs 300hz abs frequency (like it was in previous betas) and bigger slip allowance.

For the gauges glass, I've been using a different method on all my cars, no more reflective glass inside, it just doesn't work properly in AC. Check out my 996 or the 512 for example, I use a similar setup as for the inner windscreen, where it shows a little bit of dirt at certain light angles, giving the feel there's a glass on top of the dials, but none of the ridiculous reflections.

Also, these don't light up as there is no light bulb behind them:

View attachment 330427
Not sure which year the switches for the lights are, but make sure they actually have a light there. I'm positive the cigarette lighter doesn't (done that research for the 996).

Transparency issue:
View attachment 330428

Small UV problem:
View attachment 330429
Also, don't think the check light and warning light "!" should light up with the rest.
I use for gauges glass Ext glass material but with SpecularExp=5, for me it works well

At some point I found the sweetspot to be just one percent more, 66. The beta with 69% worked fine too out of the box, since the slippage allowance was smaller and the frequency higher.

78% front is just big (and safe/beginner friendly) for any car, let alone one with this weight bias and brake rotors at the back as big as fronts.

I run the Lotus 49 with 55% front. :D

Last edited:
Unclear if there is a prop valve or not in the real car; would need to do some research and thinking.

Talking about that, this is a great resource:

At around 2:28, you can see some braking wobble, so there's a good chance they *don't* run the propvalve, and just keep it rear biased.

"You might not ever get the chance to drive a Porsche 911 as Reimagined by Singer but watching this might be the next best thing."

Nope, pretty sure our car is. :roflmao:

I was about to be amazed and simultaneously disappointed I'd not seen this video yet as I've scoured the Net for every morsel I could find on this car. Then I noticed the video was released today! :thumbsup:

Best video so far of a Singer to make an engine audio mod from, for those who have the skills!

Last edited:
Well, whoever has the know-how can for their own pleasure quote out the proportioner valve brake values and unquote the raw bias. It's one reason I put it in. Next release will very likely have the unproportioned bias; not sure what else it would be. It's still quite forward for a 911 if we're being honest.

I'll try to recreate the same braking rpm drop as those 2 spots where back seems to slip. See what gives. :)
Brilliant work on the suspension, Arch. Simulating a trailing arm with a DWB is no easy task. :thumbsup:

At first I was: WTF the pendulum effect is way too much(vs for example Kunos 911RSR 1975) even for an old Elfer. And a lot of shiftlock before turn in lol.
But I got used to it after 7 laps and I like it a lot.

GPVpfwv.jpg

cTz31Ak.jpg

e5kp9h0.jpg

bh86TiW.jpg

NfxAudQ.jpg

Cheers
Robin

At first I was: WTF the pendulum effect is way too much(vs for example Kunos 911RSR 1975) even for an old Elfer. And a lot of shiftlock before turn in lol.
But I got used to it after 7 laps and I like it a lot.

Cheers
Robin
The KS Porsches are complete turds. I'm amazed you even consider it worth comparing to. The RSR is basically a mid-engine car (Actually less inertia than any mid-engine car I've ever seen, even an MR2 AW11 has more) with the CoG of a rear engine car.

In reality, the CoG is more forward, something like 0.42 or 0.43 IIRC; but the engine is still in the rear. It'll have relatively high inertia. My current unreleased test build has something like a 4.2m long box; the KS one is 3.2m IIRC. MR2 is about 3.4 - 3.6 give or take some, I can't remember exactly.

On that note, my RSR and Yellowbird are also not accurate: inertia is most definitely still too low. I'll fix it a bit later. Although the rest of the cars are much better than KS. :p

I'll try to recreate the same braking rpm drop as those 2 spots where back seems to slip. See what gives. :)
Brilliant work on the suspension, Arch. Simulating a trailing arm with a DWB is no easy task. :thumbsup:

I wouldn't rely on braking RPM drops with ABS cars: ABS in AC is quite bad as usual in sims. Probably not accurate.

Simulating trailing arm acceptably with DWB is relatively easy, as long as you have curves and good top-down schematics like I did. :thumbsup:

It works quite well, and I've made a 930, 964 and two versions of E30 all to an acceptable accuracy in AC. I've had more issues with some multilink setups.

The KS Porsches are complete turds
Your are doing good work and we are grateful for your contributions. You obviously feel passionate about making physic for cars in Kunos simulator.
Do you really need to use those comments, how would you like it to read from someone if they wrote the same about your efforts. You would probably pity them for having to be like that to feel better about themselves.
You are entitled to think your physic are better, but that does not make the work of a respected sim like Kunos what you just said.
We would like you better if you would show to other the respect that you are also hoping to get.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back