Porsche 911 Singer

Cars Porsche 911 Singer 1.1

Login or Register an account to download this content
@Ben O'Bro : isn't there a way to add some glare around the Hella unit and/or make the surrounding mirror "cup" use SSLR, just like the nickel here does?

https://ibb.co/qxyj3Kg
that's a translucent plastic with bump inside, and a clear mirror around the bulb
but the game can't handle refraction so i highlight a second layer under the light, using an alpha to keep info while highlighted, and a different object for the bulb, to have a bright source in depth

the headlight is a clear glass with a clear mirror
i have to cheat the front, as well as the rear actually, cheating everywhere !
just don't tell my gf

@dud i don't know what that is!

Wouldn't it have a more realistic effect to have this material, behind the glass, reflect light, and leave the glass/plastic cover (close to) transparent? Now it's as if it doesn't react at all to the light produced by the headlight, it being a mirror in fact.

https://imgbb.com

If i had to choose, I'd pick this anyday (Caterham Clamshell headlights pictured). Simpler, i suppose, and more effective.
https://ibb.co/vDWgqmX
not sure people will appreciate some P700 on a Singer ^^ but i can try :p
i had the P700 at home, so that helped to redo them.

hard to find photos of a Singer at night, just this one
IMG_8275.jpg

that's just an imitation of singer type of light:
upload_2019-10-22_17-37-37.png

but the idea is here, clear glass and mirror, and the glass does get light where the beam is crossing it
well and then it's just fully burnt due to the camera

anyways
i'll reduce the light on the mask on the outside,
and maybe go for a xenon blue looking light if that works better
but that's about it regarding the lights, i spent enough time, and i'm happy with it ;)

I hate it...

Because now I want to buy one :roflmao::roflmao:

Car looks and feels awesome, finally a challenging Porsche to drive (in a sim). I'll leave a review later, after putting some more laps and kms in. For now, all I can say is that I wish it had a grittier sound, feels too tamed right now. However, I know good (and especially available) sound modders are hard to come by unfortunately. The sound mod that was suggested in the previous page sounds good enough, but it's noticeable that it would need proper fit and adapting.

Awesome job Ben!

small hotfix
just the kn5 (whole 3D of the car + textures)
to fix the reflect of the dials, few transparency fixed, working rain
and extension folder for a test of metalic effect of the paint with shader patch, and working clock :p
http://benobro.org/sub/bo_singer_kn5_191021.7z

i increased the value for the light mask highlight compared to previous
it's basically a cheat to highlight the glass where the beam goes through
otherwise it looks plain stupid

I can confirm that this works, in case anyone is on the fence wrt hotfixes. Doing a thunderstorm Monza now.

Great ride.

How come it is called "964" but has a pre-1980 body look?

I can confirm that this works, in case anyone is on the fence wrt hotfixes. Doing a thunderstorm Monza now.

Great ride.

How come it is called "964" but has a pre-1980 body look?
Car is based on a 964. Completely different from the older tbar 911s. Moreover the body isn't really an old Carrera body style either IMO, but their own development.

small hotfix
just the kn5 (whole 3D of the car + textures)
to fix the reflect of the dials, few transparency fixed, working rain
and extension folder for a test of metalic effect of the paint with shader patch, and working clock :p
http://benobro.org/sub/bo_singer_kn5_191021.7z

i increased the value for the light mask highlight compared to previous
it's basically a cheat to highlight the glass where the beam goes through
otherwise it looks plain stupid

Thanks for the update! Dials cubemap reflection is now gone, L/R mirrors are fixed too, so as the z on the sticker, and working rain effect (not that it matters much, but with working wipers, why not?).
For the new windscreen interior layer, imho, I'd look better if you either reduced opacity a bit overall (less visible), or at least (and more importantly) lighten the wipers scrub marks.

Clock isn't working with the kn5 update, maybe it requires accompanying data?

Edit2: The oil gauge hand is present on the showroom, but isn't visible on track. Seems stuck pointing down:
Screenshot_bo_singer_okayama_22-10-119-21-18-51.jpg Screenshot_bo_singer_okayama_22-10-119-21-19-7.jpg

Edit3: Just seen the easter egg:
Screenshot_bo_singer_okayama_22-10-119-21-59-25.jpg

Last edited:
Absolutely fantastic car!:inlove::thumbsup:
I also went with the mentioned sound mod. Has some weird gaps, so not perfect, but more raw, 911R sound seems too synthetic for this beast, imho
I noticed, that the speedometer needle advances like crazy.
Do these Porsches really have the brake bias like that? It's only a game, I want to be able to kill my virtual self by locking the reas when braking too late into a corner, spinning out and being t-boned by upcoming traffic:laugh:

Absolutely fantastic car!:inlove::thumbsup:
I also went with the mentioned sound mod. Has some weird gaps, so not perfect, but more raw, 911R sound seems too synthetic for this beast, imho
I noticed, that the speedometer needle advances like crazy.
Do these Porsches really have the brake bias like that? It's only a game, I want to be able to kill my virtual self by locking the reas when braking too late into a corner, spinning out and being t-boned by upcoming traffic:laugh:
Judging by the latest video posted, they don't run the brake P/V, so likely it's 66% front, not 79%.

You're free to open brakes.ini and quote out the current one and unquote the "No P/V" values.

Latest News

What would make you race in our Club events

• Special events

Votes: 25 23.4%
  • More leagues

Votes: 22 20.6%
  • Prizes

Votes: 20 18.7%
  • Trophies

Votes: 10 9.3%
  • Forum trophies

Votes: 6 5.6%