Porsche 911 Singer

Cars Porsche 911 Singer 1.1

Login or Register an account to download this content
Likely a bit of that is due to a too stiff rear ARB.

I say so because it has very good exit acceleration (Anti-roll being beneficial to a trailing arm) but the entry handling is quite oversteery because the inside is likely unloading a bit. In my car, putting just a bit more rear ARB started being overall too oversteery for my tastes, even if it might have gained some absolute grip in acceleration, so it's a balancing trick. Possible also the front ARB is too soft, but I can't determine if that's the reason.

Your are doing good work and we are grateful for your contributions. You obviously feel passionate about making physic for cars in Kunos simulator.
Do you really need to use those comments, how would you like it to read from someone if they wrote the same about your efforts. You would probably pity them for having to be like that to feel better about themselves.
You are entitled to think your physic are better, but that does not make the work of a respected sim like Kunos what you just said.
We would like you better if you would show to other the respect that you are also hoping to get.

I wouldn't feel bad if someone called my 911s "turds" either because the inertia is off: they wouldn't be too wrong right now. But the thing is, the rest of my car is quite accurate.

The KS versions, not so. Front geo is entirely off to the point it's not even funny, rear in the Yellowbird is probably the most inaccurate thing in the entire sim, Yellowbird has a ton of extra rear tire grip to balance the handling, as I found out the ARBs and springs are completely off etc.
It's also been confirmed from other modders who are into the modern versions and have made some that they are entirely off as well. Not just a thing about the classics.

If those were mod cars, this opinion would be okay, and everyone would treat them with scrutiny. But because they're from a professional studio, somehow we need to watch our tongue. Even if you don't like it, I'm just saying how I see it to be.

:rolleyes:

I think it has been proven time and again that Kunos data and/or worksmanship is below any expected standards, but here's the latest:

https://www.racedepartment.com/downloads/physics-reworked-for-the-two-maserati-250f.28674/

This, in my book, is acceptable if you are a starting modder with no direct access to the cars you model or data from them. Not a game developer who flaunts its official licenses.

Then again I don't think you really browsed through the official AC forums around the time they closed the modding section, to see what the atmosphere was and how kunos devs were responding to common bug reports: as if they were gods and we, paying customers who wanted to help them make this game better, mere ants.

Here's a hint:
https://external-preview.redd.it/US...bp&s=705c93e6ab6012f9a2b4209b67292277998cb456

But because they're from a professional studio, somehow we need to watch our tongue

Because they are from Kunos and Aris, that we have learned to love and respect over the years, yes, I think we should speak of them with the love and respect they have earned. it is one thing to say that you have improved a car that they have not done to the same standards of other car and a totally other thing to say what you did. If you don't understand the difference, it is on you.

Even if you don't like it, I'm just saying how I see it to be.
You can say what you want without being insulting on some one who does only deserve our thanks for creating this SIM that we are all enjoying so much.

@jonelsorel I am not saying Kunos is perfect and only has perfect cars, my comment is about respect to a developer that has giving all of us so many hours of SIM pleasure and the building blocks on which talented modders can express their talent. Criticizing in a respectful way is much better than childish or insulting comments.

Kunos made a sound simulator and platform, no one's really denying that. If they had more time, they could probably make as good or better cars given their resources.

However if I start sugar coating things, it will only serve to confuse people. It's dishonest.

Our idea right now is "Nice mod, but is it as good as Kunos?" when the modders are the ones making the high quality stuff.

I know, it's not very political; but at least I'm not bullshitting you.

@jonelsorel

Actually, was the data for the car not a little weird? With various sources conflicting eachother: and KS' CoG ended up being correct in the end. This is what I remember at least.

If anything, the tires are what are off in the car more than anything. We've known for some time now that KS vintage racing tire values are likely too "modern" in some ways, with relaxation length and whatnot.

Am I missing something or isn't it strange that the FFB lightens up big time when you load the front tyres? No matter if ABS enabled or disabled or any steering input applied.
No, not really strange per-se but I understand what you mean. I've thought about it myself.

The geometry is pretty accurate: Jason and I both have lined it up to about everything there is to line it up to.

Tire self aligning torque will also decrease when on the limit, and I suspect that due to the front tires not being very loaded due to the car's weight split, the effect felt on the wheel is more pronounced than if you were already loaded and then got the decrease in SAT.

Now, a few things to consider, the tire is the big thing. All that AC is, is a tire load and force simulator. So if my tire is off, the forces felt will be off too. I don't remember if it happens with ST as well, but if it does, it's likely just how the steering geometry is, because I made the ST later and it is more up to date.

Secondly, KS load sensitivity curves are off. For sure. Perhaps with a custom load curve, it would produce different force with the same loads, and cause a different, more natural feeling. It's possible. I haven't tried it.

Before 1.0, I will sanity-check the tires just to make sure everything is in order. I don't remember if the stock 964 does this, but Jason's 993 also does it to some extent, so I am willing to believe it's a geo thing.

I do find it somewhat strange nonetheless: and it gets significantly weirder if you have a rear-biased ride and/or roll frequency, for example if you put in stiff rear springs or hit the rear bumpstops.

I can't tweak the FFB at all myself: it's completely dictated by the forces at the rod ends and I can just change the output multiplier really. But if the tires or something is off, it can cause improper forces.

Ok guys, please keep the support thread for support about the car, not a political debate.
PM each other if you want to do so.

I'll just say this;

I for one respect kunos work, they made after all a great "interface" for modding, still going strong after all those years. And i'd love to hear that they test our mods and enjoy them, as much as we enjoy their game, rather than associating us with "oh those ungrateful always criticising modders" :p
So please no need to be bitter about their work, however truth you think there is in your statement.​
fermez la parenthèse )

Let's keep it about the Singer
and love
and peace around the world
and cheap petrol :inlove:

At some point I found the sweetspot to be just one percent more, 66. The beta with 69% worked fine too out of the box, since the slippage allowance was smaller and the frequency higher.

78% front is just big (and safe/beginner friendly) for any car, let alone one with this weight bias and brake rotors at the back as big as fronts.

I run the Lotus 49 with 55% front. :D
I used 66% as well when it was unlocked :D That said I went faster at Laguna with the version after that had fixed BB. Probably largely down to replacing a faulty load cell though. I have to say I didn't notice any issues with the fixed version (I assume it was at 78% by that point.)

Great car but, as some said, the braking distribution is way off respect to optimal usage of available adherence.
It may be realistic (I have some doubts) but it's not efficient at all.
60-0 on PS2 is tested at about 1.05g average deceleration. Is the mod able to achieve this on road tires?

for what it's worth.. we have rain!
20191021202142_1.jpg

and a working clock :p

At the 1988 Paris Motor Show, Porsche presented its third generation 911, the 964, to the world. 23 years later, when the seventh generation was just unveiled, Singer Vehicle Design presented us with a remastered version of the 911 Type 964. The Los Angeles-based company has made a name for itself in the restoration of old models from the Zuffenhausen manufacturer. For his fourth project, the préparateur opted for a Singer Racing Silver paint and a Ruby Red interior. As always, Singer Vehicle Design offers interested parties the opportunity to choose between three engines: the 3.6 Touring with 304 horsepower, the 3.9 Sport with 365 equines and the 3.9/4.0 with the 406 horsepower. Just a reminder, the 964's flat six-cylinder engine developed 250 hp and 300 Nm.

Translated with www.DeepL.com/Translator

Great car but, as some said, the braking distribution is way off respect to optimal usage of available adherence.
It may be realistic (I have some doubts) but it's not efficient at all.
60-0 on PS2 is tested at about 1.05g average deceleration. Is the mod able to achieve this on road tires?
It's likely Singer doesn't run a brake proportioning valve in the car, it would be more ideal.

However Porsche themselves ran one in the 993 Turbo, for safety, so I just made an assumption. Up to now there wasn't actually footage of anyone really trailbraking into a corner in one of these to make any judgments from.

Hello, great mod you built the physics is good. I think you need to use the motor data and sound of the 993 of the nfs tournament classB pack...

Btw, IIRC for the swapped side mirror thing to be noticeable, you'll have to either run vanilla or disable "Real Mirrors" for csp (cm>settings>csp>smart mirror).
i ran vanilla through steam, but it ain't vanilla! I had rain and all...
skins are renamed ^^
the mirror i know what i did wrong anyways :p it's fixed
the reflection on the windshield, i rendered it in 3D to check what we see, and actually it's pretty plane full ! So i'll have to fake something in to make it interesting a bit

Oh, if you wish to test vanilla (either via cm or original launcher) you'll need first to disable "active" in cm>settings>csp>general patch settings, or rename dwrite.dll to anything else in the root of assettocorsa. Just remember then set to set filter back to a default one like "natural", and select a ks default weather so the sky doesn't become gray when vanilla tries to use the previous invalid Sol weather.

Edit: Btw, @Mascot and @Fanapryde on a single screen I couldn't reproduce your gauges texture problem, even by enabling csp optimizations that can cause trouble with other mods. Could you be using custom clip plane adjustments in settings>cps>graphics adjustments? If so, please temporarily check if the problem still remains with default settings in that section.

Edit2: @Ben O'Bro For the windscreen reflection, even if it hasn't many contours, just having that dashboard area a bit darker and the few creases and dips with less opacity (like you'll see on the 993, ks Yellowbird, etc) is enough to make believe that its there, along with a hint of dirt, just to give the windscreen more depth while turning around a circuit and the sun changes relative position. This must cause a shrug to read, coming after some complains you had for dirt Caterham windscreens :). Anyway, those who don't like this usually standard feature in AC can disable it in "windscreen fx" for a crystal clear view (I'd guess because sometimes dirt was overdone).

Last edited:
It's a shame they chopped a chunk of Franchitti's hotlap out, I was interested to see how fast he went around the track compared to AC and what the R&T Tudor series driver did on slicks.

@Kyuubeey : just ran a few laps of the Singer around Feldbergring, my test track for this, then ran a few of the Yellowbird with your tweaks. Didn't look around to compare data, but noticed tire wear is noticeably more pronounced on the Singer, both semislicks, even if Ruf has over 150 more horses under the hood.

PS: Singer handles better with less camber now by default. I had set-up the previous one for less. :)

Latest News

What would make you race in our Club events

• Special events

Votes: 22 25.9%
  • More leagues

Votes: 20 23.5%
  • Prizes

Votes: 18 21.2%
  • Trophies

Votes: 9 10.6%
  • Forum trophies

Votes: 5 5.9%