Nurburgring 1967

Tracks Nurburgring 1967 1.1

Login or Register an account to download this content
Thank you for this awesome and complete package.

IMHO there is just one thing worries me. It's just too easy to drive compared with the Kunos modern version or the Wet Mod modern version.

Added to that the wet version doesn't spray. I am not sure why this happens. Tested all the combos Kunos smoke on/off and CSP (v. 0.1.46) new smoke on/off . Any suggestion?

Trail and grip fix

Does the 1.0.1 version have the CSP-auto-generated grass? I've installed the track today, but don't see that nice grass from preview shots and vids. Maybe I don't know how to enable it, though! CSP version I use is the latest one - 0.1.46.

Does the 1.0.1 version have the CSP-auto-generated grass? I've installed the track today, but don't see that nice grass from preview shots and vids. Maybe I don't know how to enable it, though! CSP version I use is the latest one - 0.1.46.
Yes it should work. There's an updated file in github tho, go to content/tracks/nurburgring1967 and delete "extension" folder. After that, the cloud config file should work if you have the config file auto install feature enabled.
The grass in preview screenshots is an old grass version tho, the new CSP grass is different.

Thanks for your reply. Turns out, GrassFX was disabled in CSP options. I recently reinstalled AC+CSP+SOL and didn't know this effect was disabled by default. Aftr enabling it and following your advices above, auto-grass seems to work allright.

Last edited:
Just installed the lastest version and tried the tourist layout. It seems to be missing the start/finish line, so my timer just keeps counting.

I was thinking that to make tourist work online with stracker (which normally don't work with tourist/trackday/A2B tracks), you could make the AI line do 1 lap of betonschleife first, then when you come back, you cross the start/finish line and your timer will start and after going through südschleife and nordschleife, you would come back and cross start/finish line again and get a valid time in stracker.

Another thing I noticed was that the sun was rising from north west :D

When doing the AI line, skip the shortcut that I forgot the name of, right before the big carousel.

Just installed the lastest version and tried the tourist layout. It seems to be missing the start/finish line, so my timer just keeps counting.

I was thinking that to make tourist work online with stracker (which normally don't work with tourist/trackday/A2B tracks), you could make the AI line do 1 lap of betonschleife first, then when you come back, you cross the start/finish line and your timer will start and after going through südschleife and nordschleife, you would come back and cross start/finish line again and get a valid time in stracker.

Another thing I noticed was that the sun was rising from north west :D

When doing the AI line, skip the shortcut that I forgot the name of, right before the big carousel.

The tourist layout lacks everything related to timed laps and AI in order to avoid any problem that can arise about wrong direction warnings when cruising the track in the opposite way. For timing purposes there's every other layout available.

You are right about the sun bug... i'll try to fix that, i didn't noticed it. In early versions of the track the sun path was right.

Cheers!

I noticed another thing, but forgot to mention it. A lot of the cars spread out on the track, have purple windows. Maybe someone already mentioned it..

Will you add timing to tourist layout so we can use it like nords tourist online?

I noticed another thing, but forgot to mention it. A lot of the cars spread out on the track, have purple windows. Maybe someone already mentioned it..

Will you add timing to tourist layout so we can use it like nords tourist online?

Don't know anything about the cars, sounds very strange what you describe, maybe a picture could help identifying the problem

Sorry, timing and AI in tourist layout is not planned due to the reasons explained above. I would advise you to use nordschleife or gesamtstrecke layouts, that would perfectly serve the same purpose that the Kunos nords tourist layout has. Maybe the name i picked for the layout is wrong..is more of a free roam.. Kunos nords tourist is not free roam, it's timed and limited to one racing line and direction... If you go the opposite direction you will have a wrong way sign on the screen, that's what i don't want for this layout.
It has lots of pitboxes though, isn't that enough for online usage?

Don't know anything about the cars, sounds very strange what you describe, maybe a picture could help identifying the problem

Sorry, timing and AI in tourist layout is not planned due to the reasons explained above. I would advise you to use nordschleife or gesamtstrecke layouts, that would perfectly serve the same purpose that the Kunos nords tourist layout has. Maybe the name i picked for the layout is wrong..is more of a free roam.. Kunos nords tourist is not free roam, it's timed and limited to one racing line and direction... If you go the opposite direction you will have a wrong way sign on the screen, that's what i don't want for this layout.
It has lots of pitboxes though, isn't that enough for online usage?

Ye I have resorted to using the Gesamtstrecke for online use. I wanted to test if it would reset the timer if you did one loop on betonschleife first before you started on Gesamtstrecke, but it does not work with the current AI line. I might try to make a new one that go that route and see if it works. Anything to avoid a 28 km outlap :D

Awesome track to drive! Thank you :) But when I'm running a race with 30 ai cars. At the start, every time, several of the cars just veer sharp right into the walls ruining the start in the resulting mess. The cars that do make it through run their lap no problem, but when they come around again there's still some cars milling about, driving circles around the start/finish (gesamtstrecke course on version 1.01) Any ideas on a fix?

I guess that's a nevermind :) I deleted 10 cars, ran a race, no problem. I went back to full 32 grid (by just loading the preset in cm) and it all worked good. (Hmmm. I9-9900, 64Gb memory, 2080ti/11gb should handle it) Very odd though because the crashers in the original run were definately not sticking to the ai, and I didn't reboot between attempts)

Love this track.

Delete this if you want :)

Last edited:
WilliamTRiker updated Nurburgring 1967 with a new update entry:

Nürburgring 1967 V1.1

Before running this version please DELETE EXTENSION FOLDER LOCATED IN content/tracks/nurburgring1967 FROM PREVIOUS VERSIONS. This will allow config files to be downloaded from github via CM when updates are released without creating conflicts with previous config file versions.

It has been a while since the last update expecting bugs to arise, and just a few things have come into consideration. Nothing really big.

Water trail and wet tracks grip came into my mind the second i released the...

Read the rest of this update entry...

Track looks very nice and feels rather authentic, however there are some issues I want to point out:

- spectators: where are they? the track looks deserted, while it was known to attract pretty huge crowds (300.000 people on occasions); some estimates are given in the book "Kings of the Nurbugring";

- groove: it looks bad at points;

- wet layouts: the tyres raise a cloud of dirt rather than water, and get covered in mud

Track looks very nice and feels rather authentic, however there are some issues I want to point out:

- spectators: where are they? the track looks deserted, while it was known to attract pretty huge crowds (300.000 people on occasions); some estimates are given in the book "Kings of the Nurbugring";

- groove: it looks bad at points;

- wet layouts: the tyres raise a cloud of dirt rather than water, and get covered in mud

-Spectators:

Maybe this helps:

https://www.racedepartment.com/threads/nürburging-gesamtstrecke.155729/post-3081855

-Groove: the track is long so i would ask you for pictures to know exactly what you are talking about

-wet layouts: My guess is that you are using CSP's new smoke and dirt option under "Particles FX". Known CSP issue. Using vanilla smoke, there shouldn't be any problem.
FHbDUiV.jpg

I don't know if I'm doing something wrong, I'm certain I installed the track correctly but it just won't work, the game goes back to the screen to pick a car when I start loading in. Any help please ?

I don't know if I'm doing something wrong, I'm certain I installed the track correctly but it just won't work, the game goes back to the screen to pick a car when I start loading in. Any help please ?
My first guess is a shader problem.
Watch the "Overview" tab of this mod, there's instructions about downloading a shader pack before everything else.

Sorry for bother again with the "spray problem" in wet layouts, but not working for me neither.
CSP's New smoke and dirt disabled (CSP 1.46) as indicated. The tyres raise only small clouds of dirt:

Screenshot_ks_alfa_romeo_gta_nurburgring1967_4-4-120-17-21-39.jpg

Water spray works properly in other wet tracks (like Feldberg and Goodwood Hillclimb). Strangely enough, increase the friction values in surface.ini (about 0.9 or more) makes water spary/cloud appear... but the hateful small clouds of dirt still remain!

Screenshot_ks_alfa_romeo_gta_nurburgring1967_4-4-120-18-0-56.jpg

Any idea?

Sorry for bother again with the "spray problem" in wet layouts, but not working for me neither.
CSP's New smoke and dirt disabled (CSP 1.46) as indicated. The tyres raise only small clouds of dirt:

View attachment 360233

Water spray works properly in other wet tracks (like Feldberg and Goodwood Hillclimb). Strangely enough, increase the friction values in surface.ini (about 0.9 or more) makes water spary/cloud appear... but the hateful small clouds of dirt still remain!

View attachment 360234

Any idea?

Very strange. As you can see some messages above, the picture driving the Porsche 356, is not something that happens to me, so i can't even test for a solution. Try to copy the exact same text from Fedberg's surfaces.ini (just the one for the road of course) into Nurb's surfaces.ini and see if there's some change. The smoke and stuff should be determined by those parameters only...
btw, that black smoke isn't exhaust smoke? remember we have exhaust smoke currently working on CSP

Try to copy the exact same text from Fedberg's surfaces.ini (just the one for the road of course) into Nurb's surfaces.ini and see if there's some change.

Yes, exactly what I did (2nd Alfa screenshot). Identical values for ROAD/ASPHALT, except friction (0.85 yours, 0.92 Feldber wet).

btw, that black smoke isn't exhaust smoke? remember we have exhaust smoke currently working on CSP

After some testing, it appears that the strange 'smoke' clouds (1st Alfa screenshot) are related to the sol weather selection, in particular in "rain" weather types.

For now, I have found an acceptable solution: I'm using the AENord Weather (Sol) from Adie Evergreen's 'Nordschleife Tourist New Layout Mod'. It works!

Btw, this is my particles config.

Attachments

• Immagine.png
    Immagine.png
    641.1 KB · Views: 108

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back