New ACC Brands Hatch Images Revealed!

Paul Jeffrey

Premium
To celebrate the Blancpain GT Series visit to sunny Brands Hatch in Kent this weekend, check out these lovely new WIP Assetto Corsa Competizione images..

We know it's going to be one very sexy looking racing title, a fact that has been further supported by the latest batch of screenshot image reveals from the latest work in progress build of Assetto Corsa Competizione.

With the real world location bathed in unexpected degrees of sunshine this weekend, Kunos Simulazioni have been kind enough to treat sim racing fans to another new collection of in game images from the upcoming racing title, once again showing off the power of the Unreal 4 game engine to its undoubted impressive potential.

Keen to see for yourself? Check 'em out below!

Assetto Corsa Competizione Brands Hatch WIP 2.jpg
Assetto Corsa Competizione Brands Hatch WIP 1.jpg
Assetto Corsa Competizione Brands Hatch WIP 3.jpg
Assetto Corsa Competizione Brands Hatch WIP 4.jpg

Wanting to fill some time while you wait for the game to release? Why not head over to our Wish List thread and pop down some thoughts about what you would like to see make an appearance in game?

Not sure what's already know about ACC? Well we ran an interview recently with Marco and Stefano to get the inside line. Catch up with part 1 HERE and part 2 HERE.

Assetto Corsa Competizione should be available on Steam Early Access Summer 2018.

Check out the Assetto Corsa Competizione here at RaceDepartment for the latest news and discussions regarding this exciting upcoming sim. We intend to host some quality League and Club Racing events as well as hosting some great community created mods (we hope!). Join in the discussion today.

Like what you see here at RaceDepartment? Don't forget to like, subscribe and follow us on social media!

RaceDepartment YouTube
RaceDepartment Twitter
RaceDepartment Facebook
RaceDepartment Twitch
RaceDepartment Instagram

What do you think of the latest image reveal? Is the footage of ACC we've seen so far living up to your expectations? Excited for the new game? Let us know in the comments section below!

Last edited:
Ill be honest, I don't follow Kunos and AC other than the headline articles here.
Have they confirmed if the game will launch complete asides from future dlc/pack add ons or is this gonna be another on going wip?

Im all for more racing titles but getting tired of these half ass launches we've been seeing the past few yrs that don't mature until 1-2yrs after launch.

Ill be honest, I don't follow Kunos and AC other than the headline articles here.
Have they confirmed if the game will launch complete asides from future dlc/pack add ons or is this gonna be another on going wip?.
It's gonna be Early Access first too. But might be completed in more rapid fashion, as game about 2018 season wouldn't make as much sense if full release is 2020.

Can this myth go and die already? It's 100% inaccurate and blatantly misleading.

'The Vanishing of Ethan Carter' is a UE4 game and can be played fine on a 6 year old gtx 660. And that game looks better than anything else you have seen most likely.

Ability to lower graphics settings, and decent optimization is all it takes. UE4 is not inherently more difficult on your gpu than any other game engine.

Stop propagating this garbage.

If we talk in general and only about the game engine, you are right, but the most interesting part is how much the engine will be optimized for ACC, specially if you have car physic (AI + player) running on background...because even if it runs on CPU and game engine renders visuals on GPU the two are strictly related, if one of the two is too heavy the other will slow down accordingly...so, we have a lot of examples of this and even if the game you are talking about looks great you should consider it as a different genre with different needs. For example you can have a flight simulator or a pacman game with the same engine, even if both looks good the first will be heavier due to physics and other factors like draw distance, volumetric clouds, number of objects, etc etc
I hope you are right, hope to be wrong on this but my experience with UE powered games with heavy physics is bad...

Last edited:
Graphically it looks very good. I would like to see things like gradual racing line build up and if you skid off and create skid marks, those skid marks would then be there for the rest of the session etc. I like the drying line pic.

Have they confirmed if the game will launch complete asides from future dlc/pack add ons or is this gonna be another on going wip?

Legends of Bathurst will follow.

It will feature a laser scanned Bathurst along with all the cars that competed at the most recent 24 Endurance event at Bathurst. The current V8 Championship car set, a mid 90's car set and set of Legendary cars from the 70's and 80's including the GTHO, The XBGT, and something from Holden if they have ever produced a car worthy of that tag...(How about an Opel)

Also, This post is a lie....

Don't tell me how the UK sky looks like. Lol

Please share a picture of a Sunset at Brands Hatch with the exact same atmospheric conditions, weather, time & day alongside the ACC picture and then we'll see. Posting a picture of a Sea Sunset which is in no relation to inland Kent is a waste of time quite frankly!

That is just one particular run off in that particular race, in general it is not like that as seen from the video of Brands hatch I posted which is a direct comparison of the brand hatch screenshots posted, or you telling me the live broadcast was photoshoped?

Intressting Argumentation. In my Screens it's just one particular run off in that particular race but in the Video wich you postet it's not particular and count's for all time? Dude are you trolling? In you'r first answer you complettly denied that such Marks exist or Dirt can be "draged" onto the Asphalt. Is this some kind of Blasphemy or am i just understanding everything wrong? Did you notice that you can rarley see the Track, on your posted Video, only from Above? And im not even considering to watch 50 min of Video to find what im searching to explain you that you are Wrong. Sorry but this is just another Level of BS IMHO. Taking 1 Video and apply it to the hole World and History. Well done!

Indeed. I wasnt mentioning the graphics overall. Just that the grass can be a bit "clean". I saw the Brands Hatch version in Raceroom and it also has old tire tracks with yellow grass and a little dirt showing in some corners where cars sometimes cut or being pushed out. So over the years it shows. Many tracks in rF2 for example is almost always super clean. Green grass up to the tarmac and no variation and it looks so clean/sterile. Texture work like that is quite a bit of work but it really make it look organic and detailed. :)

Indeed my friend I agree. The Raceroom track designers have this lovely way of making a track look old or well used. The newer Tilke circuits look lovely and new(ish) and the more club racing type circuits look well used as they would be. I know there's this laser scanning argument with some Raceroom tracks but there's so much love and detail that goes into making them I don't mind too much.

The ACC preview photos look amazing, really beautiful. As mentioned though it has that Gran Turismo type look of being almost perfect. There's no real wear and tear. However you could say the circuit owners probably like their little babies looking at their best on screen! :)

Really looking forward to this release though, looks stunning so far.

Do you realize that ACC shot was taken a few minutes before sun gets into horizon and during sunset light and sky colors changes very fast from a deep blue to an orange sky. These are two pictures taken a few minutes apart (almost seconds) and you can see this the diference in sky colors.

DSC01743.jpg
DSC01813.jpg

Oooh, i see a drying line on a track. So the dynamic track is definitely being worked on. This is good stuff. Really like the looks so far. Curious what they do with the tire model. AC's tire model initially was amazing, but i think there's some room to improve after several years. I'll be curious to see what they do there.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back