New ACC Brands Hatch Images Revealed!

Paul Jeffrey

Premium
To celebrate the Blancpain GT Series visit to sunny Brands Hatch in Kent this weekend, check out these lovely new WIP Assetto Corsa Competizione images..

We know it's going to be one very sexy looking racing title, a fact that has been further supported by the latest batch of screenshot image reveals from the latest work in progress build of Assetto Corsa Competizione.

With the real world location bathed in unexpected degrees of sunshine this weekend, Kunos Simulazioni have been kind enough to treat sim racing fans to another new collection of in game images from the upcoming racing title, once again showing off the power of the Unreal 4 game engine to its undoubted impressive potential.

Keen to see for yourself? Check 'em out below!

Assetto Corsa Competizione Brands Hatch WIP 2.jpg
Assetto Corsa Competizione Brands Hatch WIP 1.jpg
Assetto Corsa Competizione Brands Hatch WIP 3.jpg
Assetto Corsa Competizione Brands Hatch WIP 4.jpg

Wanting to fill some time while you wait for the game to release? Why not head over to our Wish List thread and pop down some thoughts about what you would like to see make an appearance in game?

Not sure what's already know about ACC? Well we ran an interview recently with Marco and Stefano to get the inside line. Catch up with part 1 HERE and part 2 HERE.

Assetto Corsa Competizione should be available on Steam Early Access Summer 2018.

Check out the Assetto Corsa Competizione here at RaceDepartment for the latest news and discussions regarding this exciting upcoming sim. We intend to host some quality League and Club Racing events as well as hosting some great community created mods (we hope!). Join in the discussion today.

Like what you see here at RaceDepartment? Don't forget to like, subscribe and follow us on social media!

RaceDepartment YouTube
RaceDepartment Twitter
RaceDepartment Facebook
RaceDepartment Twitch
RaceDepartment Instagram

What do you think of the latest image reveal? Is the footage of ACC we've seen so far living up to your expectations? Excited for the new game? Let us know in the comments section below!

Last edited:
What about the engine, transmission, suspension and tire damage, that we haven`t seen in AC?
Some random damage of any kind (like electrical or fuel issues)?
Or for suspension, damage of hitting curbs too hard and stuff like that and blowing up the tire (this one is specially very often in RL racing)?
thx

What about Water, Oil and Braketemps? What about Water or Oil Spills when you have a Crash that impacts the Cooler or Oil Spills when the Engine "blew up". Dynamic Grip thats related to the Rubber on Track, Sunlight and Shadows maybe also Wind. Realistic Tyrewear wich is influenced by the Setup like in Real Life. Those are essential Feautures for proper Racing and competition.

What about Water, Oil and Braketemps? What about Water or Oil Spills when you have a Crash that impacts the Cooler or Oil Spills when the Engine "blew up". Dynamic Grip thats related to the Rubber on Track, Sunlight and Shadows maybe also Wind. Realistic Tyrewear wich is influenced by the Setup like in Real Life. Those are essential Feautures for proper Racing and competition.
tC5uumk.png

When i sim race i must be doing something wrong because i havent got time to look at the position of the sun and im sure even fernando alonso hasnt too ffs simracing sometimes the folks are pure retard especially considering the game is WIP and adjusting the sun is probably a piece of piss. Rant over.:geek:

What ever it is I'm sure will be quite nice and most likely give the sim community a boost all around.
As far as the moding is concerned, I'm sure it took a lot of time to deal with the first time round, besides, Kunos still has moding with AC1. It will be nice to see what kind of quality of work the Kunos team can do without having to worry about moding (as much as I love mods).
Our job is to support these guys.

Go team!!!:)

• Deleted member 503495

What about the engine, transmission, suspension and tire damage, that we haven`t seen in AC?
Some random damage of any kind (like electrical or fuel issues)?
Or for suspension, damage of hitting curbs too hard and stuff like that and blowing up the tire (this one is specially very often in RL racing)?
thx

In the interview sweeti there seemed to be a mention about them thinking users would not like problems with the car like an expiring component, as you would have in Geoff Crammond's or Papyrus games. I wouldn't expect any leap in what's properly emulated.

• ronniej

Of course being that it will be another "Early Access" title, they will have a chance to add some features as they go, like they did with AC. :thumbsup:

*I would love to be able to read my cockpit gauges to know how the car is "feeling" though!

If we talk in general and only about the game engine, you are right, but the most interesting part is how much the engine will be optimized for ACC, specially if you have car physic (AI + player) running on background...because even if it runs on CPU and game engine renders visuals on GPU the two are strictly related, if one of the two is too heavy the other will slow down accordingly...so, we have a lot of examples of this and even if the game you are talking about looks great you should consider it as a different genre with different needs. For example you can have a flight simulator or a pacman game with the same engine, even if both looks good the first will be heavier due to physics and other factors like draw distance, volumetric clouds, number of objects, etc etc
I hope you are right, hope to be wrong on this but my experience with UE powered games with heavy physics is bad...
Lucky Kunos stated the physics are not being handled by the ue4. That's one of the reasons they chose ue4 because it allows Kunos to continue using their own physics engine

I think we should be aware that the grass is a living thing that changes all the time and also gets maintained all the time... How much dirt there is on the corner between the glass changes all the time even every race weekend. You can for example easily find an onboard video at Road America with lots of ruined grass and you can also find Road America with grass reaching all the way to the curb. I do not think there is true answer to which one is more realistic, unless the devs actually are using laser scanned grass (Hmm I wonder if those trees on the inside of Brands Hatch T2 laser scanned?).

What will really make such nuances interesting is whether you car will throw off different things when the tire goes into those dirt part vs those grass part, whether you car behave differently on those parts, whether you create realistic-looking tire marks on dirt vs on grass.

In other news summer is approaching really soon. Here in the midwest US it seems that winter and snow were just yesterday.

I thought the sunset thing was bad enough, but then I gave this picture a second look.
TuzO9z0.png

If you open the photo up to full size you'll see I circled a star. That is not the exact position of that star in the sky over Brands Hatch. I don't know what kind of crap Kunos is trying to pull, but no money from me if I have to drive around in the dark with incorrectly positioned stars in the sky. Ugh...

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back