AC Multiclass Abarth500/Mazda MX5@TT Assen, Wed 7th December 2022

Assetto Corsa Racing Club event
I use a HP Reverb G2 and have upgraded my GPU last week from 1080ti to 3090. The reverb is a real GPU killer with its 2x 4k resolution + Supersamling and 90 FPS requirement. With the 1080ti AC ran smooth on 150% SS, all graphics settings on low and Post Processing disabled. Now with the 3090 I can use 200% SS, PP enabled, and some settings on medium instead of low, which is really nice.
Unfortunatelly I experienced stuttering in the race last sunday. There were about 15 drivers and in close battles I still had issues. I think the CPU was limiting (it's a ryzen 3900x, actually not slow at all). Will change some settings for the race tonight and hopefully it will work out.
ACC won't work with VR ever I guess (may be with 4090 and very low settings).
F1 2022 also does not work well with my setup, need to lower the settings a lot.
But all in all VR is worth all that trouble, because you really feel like sitting in these cars :)
Can't wait to test it tomorrow! :inlove:

@Interslice @abecede Brian, Markus. This is interesting for you also.

Guys,

This event was also a test for penalties with deduction of points.
Cut (track limits) -1
Collision (environment) -1
Collisions (other car) -1

This is the race result without deduction:
1670449162365.png

And here there results with deduction:
1670449275354.png

1670449298466.png

You can draw your own conclusion.
Needs more tuning but I want to use this in the future to give a participant a drive-through penalty is he exceeds a certain number of cuts or collisions with an other car.

The are some options for these penalties involved like minimum speed with car collisions and cuts only if the laptime in that lap is faster than your average. I will test those options next time.

Last edited:
I do in fact use a Rift S and i rate it quite highly for a number of reasons. Cheap, PC powered, not to greedy on GPU, reliable and easy to set up. My graphics are now quite good with my setup and screen door effect is not too bad either. To achieve this though i had to upgrade my gpu to an RTX 3080 and even then when racing i can still get juddering at times with a full grid. Forget ACC, you are never ever going to be happy with ACC in VR whatever your setup and i mean never. Make sure you lock to horizon, very important if you do not want to feel sick and of course you cannot run with everything maxed out in the settings. I now cannot think of driving on monitors and when i do it feels like i am interactive in some kind of TV game or like looking through a window into another world. I for one could never go back. A total life changer for me. You will probably be the same so enjoy
I race in a Reverb G2 and love it, the idea of racing of a flat monitor again just really doesn't appeal to me. There are a few YouTube videos around to help you tune the headset I think it was a SirSpats one I followed and I'm happy with the result. I have an old i5 8600k (overclocked to 4.9GHz) and a 3080 and can run at full headset resolution with pretty good visuals. I don't know if it applies to the rift S but i also use the OpenXR tool kit which I think is good for a few more FPS.

Thanks people, that was quite entertaining :cool:

Was here to learn and,,, learned a lot tonight!

- Doing a few quick laps on your own in the practice server, is way different than driving with other/real people.
- One can be quite fast, but racing/passing others is something else
- Not making mistakes, or at least not the expensive ones like spinning off the track, is key; it cost me al my positions, which, in the end I could not get back anymore. But it gave me the opportunity to practice my blue flag behaviour... :roflmao:
- One can sweat behind a sim wheel
- Doing things right on the track, like not blocking others, takes some time to get used to I guess?
- Tracklimits at Assen are quite a challenge, AC and Jim don't seem to agree
- Really enjoyed it!

Thanks guys!

Bouke

To the new guys I want to say: YOU DID GREAT!
Thanks, I didn't finish last, I don't think I killed anyone and had some great racing all the way through and managed to get lapped on the last lap. Some of the best and most civilised racing I've had both in public lobbies and a well known subscription service.

Have to say I like the penality system mainly because If I read it right I gained 6 places. I'll take all the help I can get.

Where are we going next week?

Guys,

Cut (track limits) -1

View attachment 622033

View attachment 622034
View attachment 622035

Needs more tuning but I want to use this in the future to give a participant a drive-through penalty is he exceeds a certain number of cuts or collisions wit an other car.

The are some options for these penalties involved like minimum speed with car collisions and cuts only if the laptime in that lap is faster than your average. I will test those options next time.
i dont get where i did the cuts on my screen i saw 2 laps in red but not 11 in red in there a way to see valid laps han?

Still shaking after that race!

Poor qualifying as I couldn't get near my best so started around P10.

Decent start then some great clean racing from everyone around me in the early laps.

Stayed with the lead pack until things started to stretch out. Had a good battle with @Alfred Wayne before he started to put in some good laps that I couldn't live with. He got out to about 5 seconds before I could hold the gap steady.

Fulvio got past me and started chasing @Alfred Wayne so I tried to get my head down, hoping Fulvio would slow Robert a bit.

Unfortunately Robert pitted as Fulvio caught him so my strategy changed to staying out and trying the overcut.

Once I made my late stop Robert blasted past and I emerged 4 seconds behind so the persuit was on and I posted some of my fastest laps as I reeled him in.

I thought I would run out of laps but found myself on his tail on the last lap. I squeezed past at the start of the last sector and managed to keep him behind to the line, just, for a P5 finish.

Really enjoyed this one, especially with the trust I have to race close with Robert, hopefully mutual!

Thanks for organising, Han, and for the rest of the racers, especially the new ones.

ok is pretty accurate han i went to check and his not counting the game track limit but the white lines this is good but a pain for abarth's if u run over kerbs in the understeer paradise
Thanks for sorting that out, Fulvio. That's useful information!

Guys,

Cut (track limits) -1

View attachment 622033

View attachment 622034
View attachment 622035

Needs more tuning but I want to use this in the future to give a participant a drive-through penalty is he exceeds a certain number of cuts or collisions wit an other car.

Good info Han :thumbsup: , though I'd be interested to see how many 'wheels out' were allowed (it should be one imo ;-P ), and mod tracks are notoriously hard to stick with track limits - for example, at Battenbergring, every 2 wheels out is a cut on Emperor server (and eventual penalty), but always loses you time (and your life lol). Setting it on a race by race basis after experimenting is maybe the way to go? Happy to test/help you and Brian if you do.

Gutted I missed tonights race by 10mins ffs :(

Last edited:
Next week Wednesday is the last race of the Fat-Alfie championship on Fonteny.
There are two spots left and I can free up two other places of guys that haven't joined once since the championship started.
Tuesday there will be an event with relatively easy classic cars.
Need to confirm with the boss that I'm not spoken for on Wednesday (lots of kids events at this time of year) but hopefully I can take one of those empty slots. Doesn't look like it will be an easy track to learn in 10mins though so I might be a liability.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back