AC Multiclass Abarth500/Mazda MX5@TT Assen, Wed 7th December 2022

Assetto Corsa Racing Club event
Sorry for the ad but If anyone is using the CSL Elite load cell brake pedal (V1) and would like a similar set of elastomer springs that are now shipping with the V2 version then let PM me (UK only) as I have a spare set (yellow and blue springs) for sale for a few pounds. These are not official Fanatec springs but work just fine, replace two rubbers and give the pedal a nice realistic feel. Much nicer that the foam insert.

If I've broken any rules with this post then happy to take it down.

The main problem with Assen is those tyres on each corner. I cannot resist punting them.:O_o:

I did about 8 laps to see how the Abarth and Assen faired, I got only one lap that was allowed, the rest were off-track limits.
Now my point is? some laps I could see why, but most I could not.:(

Getting a clean lap is tricky on Assen, for sure, just have to err on the safe side but easier said than done.

Sorry for the ad but If anyone is using the CSL Elite load cell brake pedal (V1) and would like a similar set of elastomer springs that are now shipping with the V2 version then let PM me (UK only) as I have a spare set (yellow and blue springs) for sale for a few pounds. These are not official Fanatec springs but work just fine, replace two rubbers and give the pedal a nice realistic feel. Much nicer that the foam insert.

If I've broken any rules with this post then happy to take it down.

I can vouch for how effective that is, I did that immediately when I got my pedals and they have a great feel now.

I'm in...I'll take the MX-5. Thanks
Hi Reefabus,

Will do but first you have to put you're real name in your RD acount/Account details. There's a field called Real Name. It's one of our rules and we use it for internal communication only. Post again or PM me to get the password for the server.

Last edited:
Any races after 20:00? That's only 3pm across the pond and won't do for working stiffs. I'd love to join though! I didn't see any weekend races?
Hi SilverEagleOne,,

I would love to have you as a participant but our events are for premium members only (14,99 euro/year), except the occasional Rookie events. See the tab PREMIUM for that. Another rule is that you have to put you're real name in your RD acount/Account details. There's a field called Real Name.
If you have done that, please post again and I will send you a PM with the password for the server.

In case if you doubting if it's worth the money, we organise 3 events every week in AC and also other events for other sims. Look at the tab ESPORTS to find the upcoming races.
On Sundays we have a GT or LMP event.

Late January we will have another Rookie event.

Last edited:
Last night her indoors was watching some girly drivel so i jumped on the rig and loaded up an RSS mod GT Ferrari and a Fat Alfie track, set time to 40x and just lapped and lapped on my own in VR through 24 hours of total immersion. It was great and while i was driving this top of the league mod sitting in and looking around it, i thought what kind of value is this that costs a couple of starbuck coffees but lasts so so much longer. It was not new to me but it still blew me away and made me think we NEED a few paymods now and again and there is nothing better than RSS or VRC mods to really have some good racing. What do the rest of you guys think? And of course, our great leader Han, your opinion would be most important to hear. Probably the wrong topic thread but traffic is high through here.

Last night her indoors was watching some girly drivel so i jumped on the rig and loaded up an RSS mod GT Ferrari and a Fat Alfie track, set time to 40x and just lapped and lapped on my own in VR through 24 hours of total immersion. It was great and while i was driving this top of the league mod sitting in and looking around it, i thought what kind of value is this that costs a couple of starbuck coffees but lasts so so much longer. It was not new to me but it still blew me away and made me think we NEED a few paymods now and again and there is nothing better than RSS or VRC mods to really have some good racing. What do the rest of you guys think? And of course, our great leader Han, your opinion would be most important to hear. Probably the wrong topic thread but traffic is high through here.
@Interslice On Sunday Brian has done RSS GT races a couple of times which were nice imo. Not on a Fat-Alfie track though but of course I'm all for it as a big fan of David.
Brian is the great leader of GT and LMP events!

Thanks for thinking with us, Steve!

Sometime I just want to ramble on about things related too simracing that I find particularly interesting, although no one else does.:O_o:
I have just been soundly thrashed by that Rotter John on Assen circuit.
This prompted me to think about the problem we all have at one point or another. ( self centred, yes I know )
The reality of your placing in our race department races, try as I did, I was 2 seconds adrift and just could not bridge that gap.
It is a place where most of us have been, we can deal with 2 or 3 tenths , knowing a small mistake and we can get back onto his or her car again. ( did you notice my political correctness );)

That means we are constantly in with a shout, that motivation keeps us going.

We all know that how ever fast you are, you will always be in this position at some point in your sim racing journey.

So what is my point.:unsure:

Motivating yourself, that is the eternal question, not being flattened by the experience, maybe finding someone of your ability, to reinvigorate your motivation once more.

Although it is very comforting to know that fast driver will invariably come across someone better and have that very same feeling you have.:roflmao::roflmao:

The main problem is not just being aware of this but getting your mind into a place we’re you can practically deal with it, not get despondent and trying to enjoy this sport for what it is, competitive FUN.

I think these rookie events have been enlightening for this, keeping people in it, when they have had an initial bad experience, we have all been there.
Wednesday and Sunday rookie event we’re both particularly good, most were in a race, that is what I liked about it, I hope most?

The above is a reflection of those who maybe did not.

The end.

I blame it all on Costa coffee and cake, the cost of it all effect your ability to function as a normal human..
:O_o:

Hi SilverEagleOne,,

I would love to have you as a participant but our events are for premium members only (14,99 euro/year), except the occasional Rookie events. See the tab PREMIUM for that. Another rule is that you have to put you're real name in your RD acount/Account details. There's a field called Real Name.
If you have done that, please post again and I will send you a PM with the password for the server.

In case if you doubting if it's worth the money, we organise 3 events every week in AC and also other events for other sims. Look at the tab ESPORTS to find the upcoming races.
On Sundays we have a GT or LMP event.

Late January we will have another Rookie event.
That's fine and I'd be happy to join. However, I'd like to see a schedule before I pay money. Did you RD Publish one? I get it's for Premium members. I only meant that being in the US, the during the week time wouldn't work. However, if there are a lot of events on Saturday and Sundays that'd be pretty cool! Either way thank you for the quick reply!

That's fine and I'd be happy to join. However, I'd like to see a schedule before I pay money. Did you RD Publish one? I get it's for Premium members. I only meant that being in the US, the during the week time wouldn't work. However, if there are a lot of events on Saturday and Sundays that'd be pretty cool! Either way thank you for the quick reply!
Hi SilverEagleOne,

Every Sunday night (CET) there's a race with GT or LMP cars.
But Classic cars, fun events, surprise events and unusual combinations are on Tuesday.
On Wednesday is always the Abarth/Mazda combination.

That is for AC. On other days are also events for rFactor2, ACC, AMS2 and RaceRoom.

See the ESPORTS tab for the schedule for next week.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 304 15.3%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 212 10.7%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 203 10.2%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 154 7.8%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 270 13.6%