AC Multiclass Abarth500/Mazda MX5@TT Assen, Wed 7th December 2022

Assetto Corsa Racing Club event
Thanks people, that was quite entertaining :cool:

Was here to learn and,,, learned a lot tonight!

- Doing a few quick laps on your own in the practice server, is way different than driving with other/real people.
- One can be quite fast, but racing/passing others is something else
- Not making mistakes, or at least not the expensive ones like spinning off the track, is key; it cost me al my positions, which, in the end I could not get back anymore. But it gave me the opportunity to practice my blue flag behaviour... :roflmao:
- One can sweat behind a sim wheel
- Doing things right on the track, like not blocking others, takes some time to get used to I guess?
- Tracklimits at Assen are quite a challenge, AC and Jim don't seem to agree
- Really enjoyed it!

Thanks guys!

Bouke

Bouke, I think you pretty much nailed it. :)

Practicing and regular racing with other human drivers (or ai, if necessary) is the best way to help your racecraft. It's also a lot more fun than hotlapping.

Bouke, I think you pretty much nailed it. :)

Practicing and regular racing with other human drivers (or ai, if necessary) is the best way to help your racecraft. It's also a lot more fun than hotlapping.
Thanks Douglas! I was kinda p!ssed at myself for screwing up in the 4th corner already, had to let almost everybody pass before I could get back on the grey stuff and screwed someone’s race. Guess that’s learning and racing. I’ll be training more with artificial as well as real humans!

Thanks Douglas! I was kinda p!ssed at myself for screwing up in the 4th corner already, had to let almost everybody pass before I could get back on the grey stuff and screwed someone’s race. Guess that’s learning and racing. I’ll be training more with artificial as well as real humans!

I did exactly the same thing on my first race at Assen.

@homer1007 I also have an i5 8600K, paired with an AMD 6800 and don't feel that the CPU is old (I have not needed to overclock). I don't know if VR is a lot more taxing on the CPU compared to triples at 5760x1080, though.
It's fine online racing, struggles abit when playing againt the AI, but easy to overcome by lowering the driver count a little. I think it struggles a little sometimes in Microsoft Flight Sim as well.

I've been considering an upgrade but I think it will last me a little while longer, the price of motherboards was crazy last time I looked and any gain would not be worth the expense in my book. I build my own PC's, tend to buy decent stuff and milk them for as long as possible.

It's fine online racing, struggles abit when playing againt the AI, but easy to overcome by lowering the driver count a little. I think it struggles a little sometimes in Microsoft Flight Sim as well.

I've been considering an upgrade but I think it will last me a little while longer, the price of motherboards was crazy last time I looked and any gain would not be worth the expense in my book. I build my own PC's, tend to buy decent stuff and milk them for as long as possible.

I do the same. My last upgrade was the graphics card so not looking to spend more until I really have to.

Hitting people is just a part of racing, it is virtually unavoidable, even our top aliens hit people.
Even though they have that extra skill, experience and time to re overtake, they “normally” do not have that sense of urgency that seems again to be part of racing.:roflmao::roflmao:

All here on RaceDepartment are interested in is not on purpose.

From my personal perspective it is “bugger”, then I sometimes moan and then get over it immediately, I cannot afford any more than that because I will at some time in the “near” future hit someone.:unsure:

So? we had someone on our forum that how ever much we all put it into the true perspective for him, he could not come to terms with this. Eventually disappearing from the scene. Why!
He was a great person to race with, just a bit touchy.:roflmao::roflmao:

I heard that. :rolleyes:

To put it into perspective, my last five races on semi public lobbies were 2 incident points, from a self inflicted offroad adventure.
(And yes, they mostly were not as competitive as we lot were.)
I´m in a better place now that I not get killed every week and can put all my work into the crapper :cool:

Let´s see where the journey goes.

And also yes, you´ve cleaned up your act a lot in the past weeks, my return is a possibility.

Have fun guys and keep your noses clean :inlove:

MFG Carsten

Hitting people is just a part of racing
Ah, fond memories of Karting days:inlove:, the hitting being in the paddock post race, during a driving standards 'discussion' :laugh:

Like you say Ernie - easy to get 'yer knickers in a twist (esp in the heat of the moment) but very often it's a simple racing accident, and not forgetting net code (?) issues... when you think you've a few inches/foot to spare, boom, you're off:rolleyes: Had this in a couple of races recently, no-one's fault but :poop: happens.

Looking forward to Fonteny:inlove: Have you chaps raced the MX5 or Abarth here before? ...need a lap time guide:)

Ah, fond memories of Karting days:inlove:, the hitting being in the paddock post race, during a driving standards 'discussion' :laugh:

Like you say Ernie - easy to get 'yer knickers in a twist (esp in the heat of the moment) but very often it's a simple racing accident, and not forgetting net code (?) issues... when you think you've a few inches/foot to spare, boom, you're off:rolleyes: Had this in a couple of races recently, no-one's fault but :poop: happens.

Looking forward to Fonteny:inlove: Have you chaps raced the MX5 or Abarth here before? ...need a lap time guide:)
Looking in the region of 600 ticking movements i do believe.

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 70 7.3%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 99 10.4%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 139 14.6%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 265 27.7%
  • 100% offline racing

Votes: 378 39.6%