AC Multiclass Abarth500/Mazda MX5@TT Assen, Wed 7th December 2022

Assetto Corsa Racing Club event
Looking forward to this evening's race, I always loved Assen the times that we raced there. I am going to receive a new-to-me Oculus Rift S today and won't be able to properly set it up and get used to it for tonight, but as tomorrow will be a bank holiday here, followed by just one working day and then the weekend, I would like to hear your suggestions about how to get the best out of a VR headset in general and in AC / ACC specifically, so to enjoy even more the following weeks races.
I know that Steve @gearwhine is using a headset because I read that he had problems with the connection in the Battenbergring race, but I don't remember of anyone else which is using it (in the pool of the ones racing in the Wednesday club, that is, because I remember that also @Chris Down does).

Looking forward to this evening's race, I always loved Assen the times that we raced there. I am going to receive a new-to-me Oculus Rift S today and won't be able to properly set it up and get used to it for tonight, but as tomorrow will be a bank holiday here, followed by just one working day and then the weekend, I would like to hear your suggestions about how to get the best out of a VR headset in general and in AC / ACC specifically, so to enjoy even more the following weeks races.
I know that Steve @gearwhine is using a headset because I read that he had problems with the connection in the Battenbergring race, but I don't remember of anyone else which is using it (in the pool of the ones racing in the Wednesday club, that is, because I remember that also @Chris Down does).
I do in fact use a Rift S and i rate it quite highly for a number of reasons. Cheap, PC powered, not to greedy on GPU, reliable and easy to set up. My graphics are now quite good with my setup and screen door effect is not too bad either. To achieve this though i had to upgrade my gpu to an RTX 3080 and even then when racing i can still get juddering at times with a full grid. Forget ACC, you are never ever going to be happy with ACC in VR whatever your setup and i mean never. Make sure you lock to horizon, very important if you do not want to feel sick and of course you cannot run with everything maxed out in the settings. I now cannot think of driving on monitors and when i do it feels like i am interactive in some kind of TV game or like looking through a window into another world. I for one could never go back. A total life changer for me. You will probably be the same so enjoy

I do in fact use a Rift S and i rate it quite highly for a number of reasons. Cheap, PC powered, not to greedy on GPU, reliable and easy to set up. My graphics are now quite good with my setup and screen door effect is not too bad either. To achieve this though i had to upgrade my gpu to an RTX 3080 and even then when racing i can still get juddering at times with a full grid. Forget ACC, you are never ever going to be happy with ACC in VR whatever your setup and i mean never. Make sure you lock to horizon, very important if you do not want to feel sick and of course you cannot run with everything maxed out in the settings. I now cannot think of driving on monitors and when i do it feels like i am interactive in some kind of TV game or like looking through a window into another world. I for one could never go back. A total life changer for me. You will probably be the same so enjoy
Thanks Steve! Will certainly do. I have a 3070, hopefully the performance won't be too far off yours. I'll give a go at ACC anyways just to understand how the performance is. I already knew from other posts that ACC and VR aren't good friends as the game is poorly optimized for VR

Just out of curiosity, are you using the integrated audio, a pair of headphones or loudspeakers? I have loudspeakers connected to the computer but I prefer using a pair of headphones for clearer audio (especially for Crew Chief indications and Discord) but I don't know if they can fit when you're also wearing the RIft. Will see tomorrow..

Just out of curiosity, are you using the integrated audio, a pair of headphones or loudspeakers? I have loudspeakers connected to the computer but I prefer using a pair of headphones for clearer audio (especially for Crew Chief indications and Discord) but I don't know if they can fit when you're also wearing the RIft. Will see tomorrow..
Hi Omar, i should of said. I have a completely custom audio set up. I have 2 small Koss speakers connected to the headset audio jack. The ear pieces that came with the speakers have been bent to loop around the headset halo. My audio is fantastic.

@HF2000 Sorry to mess you about Han, please can you leave an Abarth free just in case I can make it (and there's room on the grid)?

My wife needs a lift but tells me she's finishing earlier, so there's a slim chance I can be on last minute - I live in hope :laugh:

Thanks, and sorry again for the faff :)
Consider it done. 26 participants now. I think I have 30 cars configured. Every participant should be able to choose the Abarth or the Mazda when joining. But that's because it's configure with Emperor . I hope it works well. I will set up a backup AVON server just in case.

Consider it done. 26 participants now. I think I have 30 cars configured. Every participant should be able to choose the Abarth or the Mazda when joining. But that's because it's configure with Emperor . I hope it works well. I will set up a backup AVON server just in case.

Just checking... do we need to download anything to connect to the Emperor service Han @HF2000 ? I may have missed the memo... :coffee:

Looks like a large dutch grid this time haha! :laugh: Tof!

Last edited:
Just checking... do we need to download anything to connect to the Emperor service Han @HF2000 ? I may have missed the memo... :coffee:

Looks like a large dutch grid this time haha! :laugh: Tof!
No need to download anything (except the Assen track if you don't have it already).
If it works tonight as it is supposed to do, you will not see two servers anymore. The practice server becomes the race server, starting with the 60 min practice.

I use a HP Reverb G2 and have upgraded my GPU last week from 1080ti to 3090. The reverb is a real GPU killer with its 2x 4k resolution + Supersamling and 90 FPS requirement. With the 1080ti AC ran smooth on 150% SS, all graphics settings on low and Post Processing disabled. Now with the 3090 I can use 200% SS, PP enabled, and some settings on medium instead of low, which is really nice.
Unfortunatelly I experienced stuttering in the race last sunday. There were about 15 drivers and in close battles I still had issues. I think the CPU was limiting (it's a ryzen 3900x, actually not slow at all). Will change some settings for the race tonight and hopefully it will work out.
ACC won't work with VR ever I guess (may be with 4090 and very low settings).
F1 2022 also does not work well with my setup, need to lower the settings a lot.
But all in all VR is worth all that trouble, because you really feel like sitting in these cars :)

Guys,

The Discord channel is now configured that voice activation is disabled. So please change your settings to Push-to-talk.
07159CDA-DC7F-40C4-93A0-226B66D9DA80.jpeg

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea