AC Multiclass Abarth500/Mazda MX5@TT Assen, Wed 7th December 2022

Assetto Corsa Racing Club event
When I go online via content manager to the practice server, it seems I can only select the abarth, how can I take the mx5? #CM-noobhere

Guys,

I will be using the new Emperor service manager for this event.
I don't think you will notice much of a difference, other than no additional practice server is needed.

However, I have configured it in a championship format so I can try out how that works and also experiment with penalties for contact with other cars and track limits. Those penalties will be deducted from championship points for now, but if it works well I will be able to configure real-time penalties like time penalty and drive through.

So even though it's in the form of a championship, I'm not going to treat it that way. No rankings and such.
But for me it is a test case for the upcoming championship with Group C on long tracks 2023.

So if you see or notice anything that is unusual, please let me know so I can find out what's causing it.

Thanks in advance.

Last edited:
Can anyone confirm tracklimits from crew chief and AC are different at TT-circuit Assen? I sometimes get a tracklimit from my Jimmy, where the sim itself finds it within limits. Does crew chief react sharper somehow?

And, more importantly, which one should I 'believe' during the race/quali?

Or is it the forementioned Emperor thing Han spoke about?

Last edited:
Can anyone confirm tracklimits from crew chief and AC are different at TT-circuit Assen? I sometimes get a tracklimit from my Jimmy, where the sim itself finds it within limits. Does crew chief react sharper somehow?

And, more importantly, which one should I 'believe' during the race/quali?

Or is it the forementioned Emperor thing Han spoke about?
Yes, Crew Chief is stricter than AC at times but AC is the boss. You only have an illegal lap if AC deems it illegal (lap time count turns red in the LapTime app). Crew Chief is a separate app and doesn't affect things in AC.

Next Wednesday I will test Emperor's penalty system for the first time. Emperor uses AC data, not CrewChief's.

Emperors system seems to be very good most of the time Han, though the occasional track where it's way too harsh (usually mod tracks) - overall a good thing at circuits like Assen where there's plenty of time to had by running off track :thumbsup:

How do penalties work in the race?

Does it apply time penalty in race? i.e. slow you down

Or insist on a drive through?

or something else?
Well for Wednesday it will be deduction of championpoints to see how often and in which situations penalties are given for me to get a picture how it actually works before I start with realtime penalties.

When I start using realtime penalties, there are the following options for Cuts and Collisions:
  • Kick
  • Add ballast
  • Add restrictor
  • warn driver
  • drive through
  • time penalty

You can configure the amount of violations before a penalty is given.
And with Collisions you can set the minimum speed before it counts as a violation.

I would very much like to give a drive through penalty when a driver exceeds the amount of cuts(track limits) and collisions with another driver. It's the most realistic form of penalty and it's felt right away by the driver.
In the best case it could even mean that we don't have to apply the Golden Rule anymore.

Last edited:
How should I interpret the rates of fuel, damage and tyre wear? I can imaging damage at 10% means there will be less damage when crashing. Tyre wear will be slower at 10%. But should I calculate fuel with only 40% of standard fuel use?

How should I interpret the rates of fuel, damage and tyre wear? I can imaging damage at 10% means there will be less damage when crashing. Tyre wear will be slower at 10%. But should I calculate fuel with only 40% of standard fuel use?
Indeed. The fuel usage will be only 40% of normal usage.

And maybe a bit of background why I'm doing this. The Abarth uses more fuel and has a smaller tank plus the tyres have much wear. Which means that the Abarth in an hour race needs a long pitstop and also suffers from increasing understeer of the tyre wear. To make the cars really competitive I'm using these settings so both cars can do with 1 liter pitstop and can be pushed throughout the race.

Why then a mandatory pitstop? Well, because of the different characteristic of the cars, it could mean that a driver gets stuck behind a slower one. With a mandatory pitstop you can do an undercut.

Last edited:
The main problem with Assen is those tyres on each corner. I cannot resist punting them.:O_o:

I did about 8 laps to see how the Abarth and Assen faired, I got only one lap that was allowed, the rest were off-track limits.
Now my point is? some laps I could see why, but most I could not.:(

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back