AC Multiclass Abarth500/Mazda MX5@TT Assen, Wed 7th December 2022

Assetto Corsa Racing Club event
I think we raced Mazda and Audi TT here before ( Fonteny ) I have raced here twice before, I think.
I am expect the same outcome , “bad “
Will look at my past races to see if I still have the results.

I am pretty sure the Mazda is a 600 , if my memory is correct. As Allan said too.
The Abarth should be quickest here , with its very long straights, but when we get to the twisty bits at the end of the lap, we , the Abarth brigade are going to get caught by the Mazda mob.
Long 8 min for the Audi , again , just a guess from an old memory.

No, sorry... Not asking for the cars I am asking what race is easier Tuesday one or Wednesday one... The one of Wednesday said is good for new people, but the track looks more complicated.. More bends.
I will do only one race as I am not able to train for two.

No, sorry... Not asking for the cars I am asking what race is easier Tuesday one or Wednesday one... The one of Wednesday said is good for new people, but the track looks more complicated.. More bends.
Fonteny (Weds race) is a masterpiece but is 25km long so takes a long time to learn. So if I was you I'd go for Tue (Croft) this time.

Last edited:
Hitting people is just a part of racing, it is virtually unavoidable, even our top aliens hit people.
Even though they have that extra skill, experience and time to re overtake, they “normally” do not have that sense of urgency that seems again to be part of racing.:roflmao::roflmao:

All here on RaceDepartment are interested in is not on purpose.

From my personal perspective it is “bugger”, then I sometimes moan and then get over it immediately, I cannot afford any more than that because I will at some time in the “near” future hit someone.:unsure:

So? we had someone on our forum that how ever much we all put it into the true perspective for him, he could not come to terms with this. Eventually disappearing from the scene. Why!
He was a great person to race with, just a bit touchy.:roflmao::roflmao:
LOL! Ernie I remember taking you off in a race we had in Ginetta's at Spa, you were a bit cross about it. But in the next race I did exactly the same :confused: and the best part is, we laughed about it!

You know these things happen in virtual racing. if you are slow or fast. For me personally I really can get a kick out of driving and fighting next to each other for several laps without hitting each other. Even if it's for the first or 18th position.

Yes you'd better take the Croft race. On Fonteny you're likely to get a lonely race, not much different from hotlapping. Racing with others close is far more educational even if it means blue flags. Situational awareness (with your screen, Helicorsa, RealTime and CrewChief) is very important when you become a midfielder.
And just car advice, I think the Mini is the faster car but is much more difficult to drive so I would go for the Skoda.

Very demanding race! I had zero time to practice and while I remembered the track from the previous race, being proficient is a whole other story, so entering the qualify with 17 minutes left wasn't the best of the strategies :D
Qualified in the back field, I had a hard time to gain position during the whole race, as I had to get better at each lap to battle first with @JamKart22, @Dzul, @gearwhine and @davejevons, then later with @homer1007, @Boukâh and @johnny85ac. Especially with Johannes, the battle had been fierce towards the end of the race, and he eventually got the result he deserved, also taking into account his fair play when he wanted to wait for me anyway after a contact, even if it was the result of a little bump but the delay was mainly due to my incapacity of getting in control of the car again after some too much "pendulum" triggered by my rough steer input.

Nevertheless, I managed to shave 1,5 seconds off both my quali and race time in comparison to the previous race on this venue so I'm quite happy anyways.

Cheers to the podium finishers, it's been an intense yet super fun event. Great effort of @HF2000 in organising it in the old fashioned way. See you on track next time!

Last edited:
Trouble for me is that for long circuits I need to have off’s to appreciate which corners I need to respect, how much I can risk it. Then I need to know we’re these corners are for the next lap.
For a 10 minute lap and 25km it makes it a logistical nightmare.
The other problem I have is for an hour race I doze off, which means, I think the next corner is a fast right , only to be confront a very slow right hand corner, Then the realisation I am not were I thought I was.:confused:
It must be an age thing, i do not remember being like it in the past. :roflmao::roflmao:

Trouble for me is that for long circuits I need to have off’s to appreciate which corners I need to respect, how much I can risk it. Then I need to know we’re these corners are for the next lap.
The other problem I have is for an hour race I doze off, which means, I think the next corner is a fast right , only to be confront a very slow right hand corner, Then the realisation I am not were I thought I was.:confused:
It must be an age thing, i do not remember being like it in the past. :roflmao::roflmao:
If you stop beating me on track, I will stop using long tracks! It's all up to you, Ernie!

Sounds like we should go to nordschleife soon :roflmao::roflmao::roflmao:

I know Nordschieife like the back of my my hand, unfortunately it has alway been a downfall for me every time I race it, at least with fat Alfie circuits I have a suit case of excuses to fall back on.
Come to think of it, Le Mans more often than not does the same.
Although my most memorable win was there against one of our top aliens , but I won’t mention the advantages I had.
:roflmao::roflmao::roflmao::roflmao::roflmao:

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back