LA Canyons

Tracks LA Canyons 1.2

Login or Register an account to download this content
i searched but didnt find an answer, i assume there is no workaround for these flickering mountains?
oh that's new ?
probably something with CSP if you use it, and clipping distance

maybe have a play with that :
1605806635103.png

also, you can have 3D grass on the side of the road
updating the extension file here :
1605806703564.png

right click and install :)

Screenshot_bo_caterham_seven_420r_racecar_rhd_la_canyons_19-10-120-18-27-4-accum.jpg

Edit: I got LAC working but the graphics look less than great and the CPU is showing 99% and causes crashes. I must have something setup wrong. My setup is a Ryzen 5600X and RTX 3080

Last edited:
Love, love, LOVE this mod. Spent less than a day with the free download and rushed out to buy the VIP pack. Sunrise, sunset, and late evening blasts through the canyons in the Singer 911 AWD are sheer delight. Thank you so much!

My only issue (other than some fun crashes experimenting with the limits of traffic options that I managed to work through myself) is, when the AC Track Map is enabled in the UI on any of the VIP content, it only shows the little "you are here" indicator...but no track. Works fine on the Main tracks. I'll probably just have to suck it up until I learn the roads better, but if there's some trick I'm just not finding, I'd appreciate the hint.

Again, thanks! Great stuff!

Love, love, LOVE this mod. Spent less than a day with the free download and rushed out to buy the VIP pack. Sunrise, sunset, and late evening blasts through the canyons in the Singer 911 AWD are sheer delight. Thank you so much!

My only issue (other than some fun crashes experimenting with the limits of traffic options that I managed to work through myself) is, when the AC Track Map is enabled in the UI on any of the VIP content, it only shows the little "you are here" indicator...but no track. Works fine on the Main tracks. I'll probably just have to suck it up until I learn the roads better, but if there's some trick I'm just not finding, I'd appreciate the hint.

It should work. Does for me at least but a solution may be " track map display" here on RD..

Hi everyone, Idk if anyone can help me on this one... I got the VIP version of the mod like last year, and long story short I was out of a good PC to play the game, but now I'm seeing massive changes and I'm not really update to date as to what happened to those who got the VIP version. Can anyone give me any clue of what to do?

Hi everyone, Idk if anyone can help me on this one... I got the VIP version of the mod like last year, and long story short I was out of a good PC to play the game, but now I'm seeing massive changes and I'm not really update to date as to what happened to those who got the VIP version. Can anyone give me any clue of what to do?
Basically if you were generous enough with a donation in the past, he sent VIP out to those donors. Check your spam folder. If its there, good. If not, youll have to pay the couple dollars it costs.

Well worth it tho if you have to pay.

I had lacanyons installed with the vip included and I was doing great, but recently I formatted the pc and I am not able to get it to work, any help?
If you follow the Intall Guide you should be fine..
The main thing is to make sure you install/enable the Main track, before installing/enabling any VIP :)

Thanks glad you're loving the canyons :)

I've intentionally, by default, removed the track map from ALL traffic layouts and Pusuit layouts... As simply you can't see warnings of cars ahead on real roads.
And if you're in a Pursuit server, it's cheating seeing big black dots showing where all the cars are :D

You would have received an email message with the links, but due to email spam filters, you may have missed it.

Anyone having Issues using AI Flood on LA Canyons....
While testing Pacific Coast's two way traffic...
pacific_coast_ai_two_way.jpg

I've discovered a few things that need to be set for it to work almost perfectly. (Using 'recommended' CSP 0.1.60)
These settings may or may not apply to other tracks.

1) Turn off Fuel Consumption.

2) Turn off Tyre Wear.

3) Turn off Damage.

4) Select around 15 AI drivers.

5) Set AI level to 90%+

6) Set Aggression to 50%+

7) Turn on 'Get back to the race', in CSP settings.
csp_aiflood_settings.jpg

Hey gang, newbie here. I've been trying to install this mod onto my PC via AC Content Manager. It seems to install, but then I can never find it in the track listing. I also checked the track directory on the hard drive, but it's not there. Other Mods tracks have installed perfectly fine, including PCH, so unsure what is going on.

Any suggestions?

Hey gang, newbie here. I've been trying to install this mod onto my PC via AC Content Manager. It seems to install, but then I can never find it in the track listing. I also checked the track directory on the hard drive, but it's not there. Other Mods tracks have installed perfectly fine, including PCH, so unsure what is going on.

Any suggestions?
install it the old fashion way ;)
if you're familiar with windows explorer, put the track on the game folder content/track
to me that's the only clean way to know what's what

Hi All

I'm new to Assetto Corsa and really picked up AC because of LA Canyons after watching the great Youtube videos. My main sim is ACC, but what I wanted was some R&R from racing and pick up a great classic ride and do some free roaming in a stunning land scape, hence getting LA Canyons.

I have followed the manual install instructions to the letter. Unzipped contents to a folder, then opened MODS/LA Canyons 1.2 - Main and copied and pasted the "content" folder into the root Asseto Corsa folder. I then followed the same process with the "Hide Pits" and "Highway Patrol Skins" contents folders.

I then checked the Asseto Corsa folder to make sure they were in the correct location and all of the contents were in the main Content folder under Contents/Tracks/LA Canyons

My big problem is how do I get to drive the LA Canyon?

I have gone into Practice thinking that would be the route Load up a car, then pick a track and cannot find LA Canyons listed. I then tried all other race options and still could not find a way.

Help!

Any help would be most appreciated.

No,

I will check for a download

Thanks.
Content Manager is an alternative launcher
It also adds some functions with ''Shader Patch extension'', such as night light, some optimization etc.
There's a free version, (and if you pay you get more functions.)
Since the time so many people asks, we should have made a video... but the versions keep changing, and some things might differ. But anyways.
If content manager is a powerful tool, it is not mandatory to play the game.

Most likely the track isn't in the correct directory
to make sure you need to manually go to the track folder of Assetto Corsa.
(in my screenshot, it's in D drive, but default should be C drive with steam and all)
and within \content\tracks\la_canyons you should see all the kn5 files as listed below (that's all the 3D data of the track)

1608129234592.png

Last edited:
Hi

Just installed full version and it does not find LA Canyons. So still no joy.

Not sure what to do, I was going to get the VIP version, but I'm holding off until I get this issue resolved.

Content Manager is an alternative launcher
It also adds some functions with ''Shader Patch extension'', such as night light, some optimization etc.
There's a free version, (and if you pay you get more functions.)
Since the time so many people asks, we should have made a video... but the versions keep changing, and some things might differ. But anyways.
If content manager is a powerful tool, it is not mandatory to play the game.

Most likely the track isn't in the correct directory
to make sure you need to manually go to the track folder of Assetto Corsa.
(in my screenshot, it's in D drive, but default should be C drive with steam and all)
and within \content\tracks\la_canyons you should see all the kn5 files as listed below (that's all the 3D data of the track)

View attachment 427523
This is the detail I see in directory
LA Canyons.png

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play