LA Canyons

Tracks LA Canyons 1.2

Login or Register an account to download this content
that's "my document"

it can be confusing with all the name structures..

track should be with the game folder (not my documents)
try locate "acs.exe" in your hard drive, that's the location of the actual game files
next to it you will find content :)
Hi

That is the my Documents location. it is what Steam used for both ACC and AC. Both programs will launch from a pinned desktop icons, Steam and Alienware Command Centre. I have added DLC's to both ACC and AC with no content or loading issues.

The issue is that LAC does not launch with the game and does not show up in Tracks when using AC Content Manager

Dont you HAVE to install LAC using JSGME? I know there are very specific instructions included.

Sure glad I learned to use that mod enabler during my IL-2 days..

Now that takes me back, I had two versions of IL-2 one modded the other vanilla. I was a member of a online Squadron and all members had to run with the same version online. Come to think of it I may have had 3 versions!

You can install LAC manually, it is all detailed in the pdf.

If you put the files in the right place, it will work.

If it doesn't work, the files aren't in the right place.

Arguing with Ben when he tells you how to do it correctly seems strange?

Hi

That is the my Documents location. it is what Steam used for both ACC and AC. Both programs will launch from a pinned desktop icons, Steam and Alienware Command Centre. I have added DLC's to both ACC and AC with no content or loading issues.

The issue is that LAC does not launch with the game and does not show up in Tracks when using AC Content Manager
I've never installed a mod in my documents
maybe that works :)
but for instance it doesn't

hence my advice to try and install the content with the rest of the game folder
default folder being :
C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\assettocorsa\content\tracks

I'm not arguing with Ben, just pointing out how Steam has installed AC and ACC application on my laptop.
what you showed still is "my document"
i also have those folders there.

the actual "content" for the game is where acs.exe is
most likely the folder i said earlier.

C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\assettocorsa\content​

the real content folder has much more folders than just the 3 or 4 of "my document"
please check again :)

I'm not arguing with Ben, just pointing out how Steam has installed AC and ACC application on my laptop.

Yes, in a way that you think matters because you don't know how AC works. (Not being critical, nobody knows until they get into it.)

Just do what he says. You won't succeed if you don't and you won't fail if you do. AC modding literally could not be simpler. You just need your bearings. :)

what you showed still is "my document"
i also have those folders there.

the actual "content" for the game is where acs.exe is
most likely the folder i said earlier.
C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\assettocorsa\content​

the real content folder has much more folders than just the 3 or 4 of "my document"
please check again :)
Hi Ben

Thanks for the advice, it made me dig deeper into my windows 10 system folders. I think that is the problem with Windows 10 Home Edition. My last pc was Windows XP pro, so you can tell how out of date I am. But no files or folders were ever hidden in XP pro.

I did indeed find the folder following your path, then I repeated what I had done following download. I loaded up AC and the track count at start up increased to 61 tracks which gave me hope. Once loaded sure enough LAC was there in its base form. I'll now be upgrading to VIP pack.

Thank you so much for your help.

I just got the game and this is an amazing track. Love both the Pacific Coast and LA Canyons. Thinking about getting the VIP one as well. I wanted to know if there was an easy way to play with my friend? He saw your track and wants to get the game if we can both play on it together, do you know if there's a way to do that?

Thanks,

I just got the game and this is an amazing track. Love both the Pacific Coast and LA Canyons. Thinking about getting the VIP one as well. I wanted to know if there was an easy way to play with my friend? He saw your track and wants to get the game if we can both play on it together, do you know if there's a way to do that?

Thanks,
You mean multiplayer? There's many LA Canyons servers out there.

You mean multiplayer? There's many LA Canyons servers out there.

I found the servers however they're all limiting the cars I can use? I suppose I was more interested in something that I could set up just for my friend to use so we can use whatever cars we want or I can pick whatever tracks we both have? Perhaps it's just my ignorance at how the whole thing works but it didn't look like I could set up my own server or something like that?

I found the servers however they're all limiting the cars I can use? I suppose I was more interested in something that I could set up just for my friend to use so we can use whatever cars we want or I can pick whatever tracks we both have? Perhaps it's just my ignorance at how the whole thing works but it didn't look like I could set up my own server or something like that?

You actually can set up your own server and if you want control over the cars and/or tracks then that's exactly what you will need to do.
There are numerous guides on it so I won't get into it (search for "install Assetto Corsa Server" or similar) but I'll add that if you decide to have a server, there is a software called AC Server Manager that sit's on top and gives a pretty interface that is easier to use and also adds a good bit of functionality. Worth the effort.

Btw, I have a few servers out there, one with LAC that doesn't get much traffic. What car(s) are you looking for? Maybe I can accommodate...

Last edited:
Anyone having Issues using AI Flood on LA Canyons....
While testing Pacific Coast's two way traffic...
View attachment 426159
I've discovered a few things that need to be set for it to work almost perfectly. (Using 'recommended' CSP 0.1.60)
These settings may or may not apply to other tracks.

1) Turn off Fuel Consumption.

2) Turn off Tyre Wear.

3) Turn off Damage.

4) Select around 15 AI drivers.

5) Set AI level to 90%+

6) Set Aggression to 50%+

7) Turn on 'Get back to the race', in CSP settings.
View attachment 426167
I've just in the last few months gotten competent enough on the main loop to add the challenge of traffic and "if you're gonna" might as well 2 way traffic, right? So in the last month or so I've hit some annoying behaviors about the traffic, like it getting wonkier after a while (first lap or so is great) and starting to crash themselves and wipe out 80 feet up the side of a mountain or smth.. Sometimes it's truly funny stuff.

Came here to post and see if others have the same experience or is it just me and I find this post...

Gonna try these out as soon as I'm done typing ❤

I mean this in the most respectful manner possible friend - you are a ******* lunatic! I cannot tell you how much I enjoy this track. I bought the platinum within days of discovering LAC even though I was only ever using the free version features (and probably continued to for months) just because I thought you deserved it for what you'd done and I hoped you'd keep developing this thing further.

Did I mention I think you're insane :) In the best way possible?

Thank you for maintaining and putting the effort into this track you do. It's absolutely ******* GORGEOUS and fun, and a delight in VR. Next year when we get back to "normal" a bit I plan to buy it again, maybe even a few times if I can, just because. And I promise you I'm a tightwad about frivolous dumb sht spending. I just want you to keep on keeping on and keep this track alive and improving it and making it better. 2 way traffic is now my most favorite thing ever and around this epic highway, holy f***!

Hell, maybe one day we can convince you to port to other sims (rF2 anyone? hint hint?) because without this track I keep coming back to AC over this. 4,385 km driven on this track so far and I'm about to jump in again. Most of that is in ONE car (Lotus 2-Eleven) and soon I'm gonna start with her sister the 3-Eleven.
God help my work and social life if I start trying any other cars and oh f*** if I fall in love with yet another layout....

So thank you @Phoenix77. Never stop doing what you do. LAC ROCKS. Who cares if I never see the outside of my house ever again, :roflmao::laugh::roflmao:

Latest News

To join the OverTake Racing Club races I want them to be: (multiple choice)

• Free to access

Votes: 174 87.4%
  • Better structured events

Votes: 32 16.1%
  • Better structured racing club forum

Votes: 28 14.1%
  • More use of default game content

Votes: 29 14.6%
  • More use of fixed setups

Votes: 57 28.6%
  • No 3rd party registration pages

Votes: 71 35.7%