LA Canyons

Tracks LA Canyons 1.2

Login or Register an account to download this content
LOL, I'll have to look for that. As a SoCal local I can tell you it's Charlton Flats and is a camprgound / picnic area.

Now I'm having doubts, perhaps it was actually "flats" and not "fists" but I'd swear it was Charlton Fists, that's why It made me laugh and I thought "Charlton Heston's fists?? this must be another easter" LOL

I'll check it out this afternoon, I remember very well where that road sign is.

is there a troubleshooting guide somewhere? This isn't working for me, I can select it, it goes to the load screen, then just brings me back to the main setup screen... help please?

is there a troubleshooting guide somewhere? This isn't working for me, I can select it, it goes to the load screen, then just brings me back to the main setup screen... help please?
windows explorer, could you tell us, or screenshot where exactly did you install the track?

for example:
upload_2019-4-3_11-53-37.png

On a dreamy level, it made me wish there was a "google drive mod", that would, someday, allow us to take any road on earth, with elevations and biomes, and BOOM, we could drive said road in one click.

That sounds like the Procedural Rally League project for AC. The author created a program that could either create a stretch of road for AC procedurally, or create a road from map data complete with elevation changes and different biomes. There was actually the Col de Turini stage (the Monte Carlo stage in DiRT Rally) as a demo stage, generated from map data, and some of the weekly events were run using stages generated from map data. The author planned to release the program at some point, but the project is currently on hiatus.

If you donate a sum that you yourself would appreciate if you'd been the one to spend thousands of hours creating a track, you should be fine.

Seems reasonable, but doesn't make any sense as this shouldn't be guesswork.
It's either a) pay what you want or b) pay amount X.

You don't call a plumber only to be told to pay first and if it is enough maybe he will start cleaning your pipes and otherwise just take the money and go.

It is certainly a grey area, donations. If a mod is sold it will have a fixed price. If a mod is free but a donation is requested (e.g. for a full version) then the amount donated is purely at the discretion of the end user - what they think it is worth, or even, what they think they can get away with.

I tend to donate a minimum of £5.00 for mods, and more for mods that I really couldn't do without, or ones that I think should be pay-ware, or where I can appreciate the huge amount of work.

Only difference being that in my case I would actually like to receive the full version which means that I need to know how the creator values his own work and then act on those circumstances.

You don't call a plumber only to be told to pay first and if it is enough maybe he will start cleaning your pipes and otherwise just take the money and go.
First you'd need to be a millionaire to pay a plumber for the hours invested in the creation of this mod, and a donation system is leaving it open for people to show their appreciation not primarily to enrich the creator.
Apart from the scum who donated 0.1 just to get the extras then just donate what you think is reasonable, only you know your circumstances.
If Phoenix had wanted to do the thinking for you he would have made it a pay mod. After all you can always send more later if you want.

First you'd need to be a millionaire to pay a plumber for the hours invested in the creation of this mod, and a donation system is leaving it open for people to show their appreciation not primarily to enrich the creator.
Apart from the scum who donated 0.1 just to get the extras then just donate what you think is reasonable, only you know your circumstances.
If Phoenix had wanted to do the thinking for you he would have made it a pay mod. After all you can always send more later if you want.

I'm not talking about the hours put into this, I'm only talking about the final product, the service that is being offered to the public or in this case the community. This is a free market, so anyone can choose whether he wants to become a plumber or spend countless hours creating mods without any chance of generating a penny out of this. At the end of the day: If you're good at something, never do it for free

Secondly it's easy to avoid scumbags like you mentioned, in fact the Humble Bundle does something like it: "Pay amount X to receive Y. You may pay more, but you have at least to pay X if you want Y."

Why is everyone shying away from proper communication? I always pay for mods, but if there's an upgrade to it why not just tell me what it costs straightaway? Paying to receive additional content is NOT donating.

Only difference being that in my case I would actually like to receive the full version which means that I need to know how the creator values his own work and then act on those circumstances.

If I were to base the cost of my last track on my freelance hourly rate, my last track, Deutschlandring, would have cost me about £45,000 to make. That doesn't really help much when suggesting an appropriate level of donation :unsure:

If I were to base the cost of my last track on my freelance hourly rate, my last track, Deutschlandring, would have cost me about £45,000 to make. That doesn't really help much when suggesting an appropriate level of donation :unsure:

Sure, ultimately it's up to the creator. However, in this case - I said it once, I will say it twice (since this is called "VIP package" and it's kind of a paid DLC) - this is not just a donation for me.

So if Phoenix just comes up and tells us "Full map is 15 $" then it is up to us to see if we want to pay up for it.

I think if you've donated any reasonable amount you will get it. If you've donated 50 cents then you will probably get nothing, at least that's why I would send you if I were the creator.

For what it's worth I donated 3 euros for this and I got the content very quickly. A few days after that, I donated another 3 just because I thought it was worth it but he didn't know I would do that so 3€ was enough and believe me, the mod is worth much more than that.

I don't know how much you gave but unless it was something ridiculous or one of those petty 0.1 donations I think you'll be fine.

A minimum amount is a good idea in my opinion, at least for VIP packages like this with a lot of content because different people will probably have a very different idea of what a reasonable amount is and it also depends on where you live, I mean, here in Spain you can have a couple beers for 3 euros but in other countries that money probably won't pay for much.

Just donate what you want to and get it, life is too short to keep stressing about the amount now.

I'm loving it on my 980ti I got this morning. Yeah there's an FPS ceiling, but, it's better than it was and butter smooth at higher settings than I had before.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back