LA Canyons

Tracks LA Canyons 1.2

Login or Register an account to download this content
the barriers are open. like christmas. crazy. i am nearly an old man (from the numbers, not what i am feeling) and this is a time warp back in the years where we were young and enthusiastic. thanks a lot phoenix and team!

I have noticed that the fixes we get with the VIP content is not listed any where else. Isn't this files that people without VIP should have also?
we're gathering feedback as to things to fix
i think phoenix posted the hotfix files a while back in the support section to people following the posts
we still improved some things in the mean time, and the idea is to get a 1.x version in few weeks addressing all the issues we listed :)

First of all thanks very much for your work on this track.

I do have an issue though. If I drive at 8.00am using the few clouds sol weather I get a lot of creeping shadows running up and down the hills as I drive, is there anyway to correct this?

Same here but it will come...no worries Ive been told.
:p

Untitled.jpg

Yeah you can have oncoming traffic!

For that, what you need is:

1. CM with Shader Patch mod installed
2. Shader Patch module New AI Behavior activated with the options that allows to drive wrong way in practice or track day.
3. Choose CM Track Day session, select one Canyons 1 way traffic layout and for the AI, select number, car models, performance, etc.
4. Start Track Day session and drive on your right hand lane in reverse direction to AI.
5. You will get endless AI oncoming traffic. Enjoy! :)

Notes:

1 way traffic layout allows AI to drive on its right hand lane and use its left hand lane to overtake. Remember that your right hand lane is the left hand lane for the AI. So if you choose car models with very different performances for the AI, the chances of AI overtakes are greater and you will be in trouble.​

Sometimes the AI behaves strangely. Playing with the options of AI New Behavior module you can improve it.​

If you want faster cars oncoming traffic you can rename ai_hints file because it is currently limiting the AI speed.​
Got it, thanks! The AI Flood is pretty cool too going in the same direction..you always have more cars to pass!

i think this wobbling fix is included to CM long ago now

Look at the magnificent illustration of mine.
Further from the origin, the more shaking
lac_physics.png

Now as for why is it shaking.
Every 3D software i know does that when it comes to big values far from the origin. Except 3dsmax for example we're talking 1000km before we have "shaking" issues.
For AC it's much smaller, but so as every track intented to be done with the game!
The technical reason, i'm guessing, it's probably due to values for the physics engine being too big, and being rounded up, ending up in less accurate positioning etc.
Phoenix moved the track in the early version, before 0.55 i think, to have the origin the most centered possible to have less shaking on the main loop.

We could imagine having the Wilson hillclimb for example centered with all its objects near the origin since we don't need the rest of the track.
But for the long Cañada to Newcomb, not much can be done!

Banana Nords for scale, all within 5km circle...
upload_2019-3-10_22-12-42.png

Last edited:
Great track had a few hours driving around getting lost up in the mountains in a Porsche 918 think I was in heaven. I did have a problem installing the VIP files with cm, had to manually copy the files over to get them to work.

Got it, thanks! The AI Flood is pretty cool too going in the same direction..you always have more cars to pass!
Yeah! I like to drive in the right hand lane and only use the left hand lane to overtake AI cars. My car has a similar performance to AI cars and I allow them to run without speed limit by renaming the ai_hints file.

i think this wobbling fix is included to CM long ago now

Look at the magnificent illustration of mine.
Further from the origin, the more shaking
lac_physics.png

Now as for why is it shaking.
Every 3D software i know does that when it comes to big values far from the origin. Except 3dsmax for example we're talking 1000km before we have "shaking" issues.
For AC it's much smaller, but so as every track intented to be done with the game!
The technical reason, i'm guessing, it's probably due to values for the physics engine being too big, and being rounded up, ending up in less accurate positioning etc.
Phoenix moved the track in the early version, before 0.55 i think, to have the origin the most centered possible to have less shaking on the main loop.

We could imagine having the Wilson hillclimb for example centered with all its objects near the origin since we don't need the rest of the track.
But for the long Cañada to Newcomb, not much can be done!

Banana Nords for scale, all within 5km circle...
View attachment 295925
yeah, it could help a bit by releasing the layouts as separated tracks and with the origin mos centered.

As has been said previously, ACC doesn't have this problem. That is probably the long term solution although I don't envy the person or persons that would have to convert LAC from AC to ACC.

The shaking seems less noticeable once the car is moving although that could simply be an oddity with my G29.

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea

Results are only viewable after voting.