LA Canyons

Tracks LA Canyons 1.2

Login or Register an account to download this content
Just a dumb question as I'm not into track modding: Isn't it somehow possible to use multiple 4K textures for the terrain instead of just one big 12K texture to get a high quality result? Might still increase the performance if it is possible.
That would result in 9 separate textures / materials.... Which would equal less performance.
It's better to have less textures..... But if needs be, larger in size... There's still some combining to do for some further performance gains down the line. But we'll wait until everything is in play before doing that... Cheers for the question though mate :)

I make a donation for complete edition (LTOMBINI@LIBERO.IT)
rEGARDS
Great job!! I make a Donation for extended version (ltombini@libero.it)
thanks
Hey there. Absolutely fantastic work! Looks stunning with this new update.
I donated a coffee, did I have to add my e-mail somewhere to get the bigger map?

Thanks to everyone who's shown their support... Much appreciated...
I've sent out a few emails today... so hopefully you'll have instructions in an email... Just in case... Check your spam folder, in case it went in there.

Thanks again!

Last edited:
What an amazing track. Tried it yesterday for the first time with a bunch of AI cars. Okay, they had some problems, but it was an absolute joy to drive on this beautiful track.
Fantastic work, Phoenix77. :thumbsup:

Here's my video from my very first lap around the track in a Porsche Boxster (and with my Oculus Rift):
PS: All the parking cars later on gave me the strange feeling like i'm in a zombie apocalypse. :confused: :D
Hi Frank, nice video... apart from the traffic jams... What AI aggression were you using? If you have it too low they can't properly overtake each other.... As they try to keep like 10ft away from any other car... Max up the aggression slider and they should be much much much better.

Also how many AI were you running? there seems to be far more than 32 of them?
Maybe there's some kind of AC limit on how many AI you can use?

Hi Frank, nice video... apart from the traffic jams... What AI aggression were you using? If you have it too low they can't properly overtake each other.... As they try to keep like 10ft away from any other car... Max up the aggression slider and they should be much much much better.

Also how many AI were you running? there seems to be far more than 32 of them?
Maybe there's some kind of AC limit on how many AI you can use?
Well, i really forgot the aggression slider. It was set to ....uhm ...... 0.0%. :roflmao:

Referring the AI .... i had added 31 opponents (which was maximum in Content Manager), but i had also the impression it were more than 31. Maybe the cars vanished behind me after overtaking and then respawned somewhere in front of me.

That would explain it then :D
On narrower roads like these it's a good idea to put the aggression high up...
It means the AI can get really close to each other without flipping out.
Same thing goes for Pacific Coast.
That may be some shader mod wizardry for all the extra cars ;)

Well, i really forgot the aggression slider. It was set to ....uhm ...... 0.0%. :roflmao:

Referring the AI .... i had added 31 opponents (which was maximum in Content Manager), but i had also the impression it were more than 31. Maybe the cars vanished behind me after overtaking and then respawned somewhere in front of me.
well the Shader patch has that exact feature for tracks over a certain size in Trackday mode... so that is what may happened ;) If you have it active

Count how many cars get overtaken ;)
This will hopefully work really well with the 'One Way Traffic' layouts I'm working on.
I'm currently spreading the Pit/Start locations all around the main loop. With the AI starting from the laybys / parking areas.

Last edited:
Hello,
got the tracks and already support for the extras even before trying it !

I quickly tested the track yesterday and have a gfx issue :
bug_LA canyons.jpg
GPU is GTX 960 4Gb / CPU is i5-4590

The yellow line between both lane isn't straigh and tend to draw itself while I'm driving. So I'm following a yellow snake ...

Can someone help me with this please ?
Already :
- reinstalled fresh drivers
- disabled post-processing effect

Hello,

View attachment 272701

The yellow line between both lane isn't straigh and tend to draw itself while I'm driving. So I'm following a yellow snake ...

Already :
ah yes, this is mip map, you can tweak options, if you are using Content Manager (i can't launch the game at work, so don't know how it is in regular options)

i put -1 for extra sharpness, i have a 1070gtx so it's not a good example, but it runs smooth... and sharp, almost too sharp :p
upload_2018-10-5_12-31-42.png

It's not only mip map, at this level it should be missing AF. Default mip map setting of 0 should not look that shitty.

/edit: Don't know why anyone would disagree on this being an AF issue. This screenshot is the best example of missing AF there can be...

/edit 2: Hope Posts #938 and #939 are enough to confirm this...

Last edited:
ah yes, this is mip map, you can tweak options, if you are using Content Manager (i can't launch the game at work, so don't know how it is in regular options)

i put -1 for extra sharpness, i have a 1070gtx so it's not a good example, but it runs smooth... and sharp, almost too sharp :p
Never heard of mip map before and don't use content manager.

It's not only mip map, at this level it should be missing AF. Default mip map setting of 0 should not look that shitty.
Already tried to change the AF setting in AC, it doesn't change anything. What lead me to some change of the AF setting into the Nvidia panel ! (Will try when back from work) :thumbsup:

Please note that it only happen with this track (tried a few yesterday). :unsure:

Trying it in the NV Control Panel is a good idea. Maybe the overall setting is on "High Performance" or "Performance" instead of "Quality" or "High Quality". This usually results in missing AF and can in some cases overwrite game settings. Make sure to also check if you maybe have settings enabled per application in the NV control panel.

If this still does not help, you should really go for the solution @Ben O'Bro mentioned.

I can just say that I personally did not make any alterations to the mip map settings and just put AF up to 16x and it certainly does not look like your screenshot.

Trying it in the NV Control Panel is a good idea. Maybe the overall setting is on "High Performance" or "Performance" instead of "Quality" or "High Quality". This usually results in missing AF and can in some cases overwrite game settings. Make sure to also check if you maybe have settings enabled per application in the NV control panel.

If this still does not help, you should really go for the solution @Ben O'Bro mentioned.

I can just say that I personally did not make any alterations to the mip map settings and just put AF up to 16x and it certainly does not look like your screenshot.
i wonder if changing DDS export option could change this or not ?

Hello,

View attachment 272701

Already :
@shmafoozius is spot on.... X16 Anisotropic Filtering will sort the double yellows out instantly... Most 'Race' tracks don't have centrelines, so for them, this isn't a issue. It's due to the low down viewing angle of the road textures, Anisotropic Filtering helps boost this low angle thing!
I've added enough Mips for any distance blurring on the road textures...
So the Mips Maps shouldn't be an issue.

I have the same card in the 2GB version and I see the exact same thing unless I set the anisotropic filter at 16X in the CM, anything less and its blurry. Although I dont notice much as I tend to look far down the road while driving.

1.22% performance hit using 16x versus 8x which is only .41% hit. So yea, I leave it set at 8, unless I'm driving with PP disabled then I max out errrrrrrrrrrrrrrthang! HAHA :roflmao:

@shmafoozius is spot on.... X16 Anisotropic Filtering will sort the double yellows out instantly... Most 'Race' tracks don't have centrelines, so for them, this isn't a issue. It's due to the low down viewing angle of the road textures, Anisotropic Filtering helps boost this low angle thing!
I've added enough Mips for any distance blurring on the road textures...
So the Mips Maps shouldn't be an issue.

I have the same card in the 2GB version and I see the exact same thing unless I set the anisotropic filter at 16X in the CM, anything less and its blurry. Although I dont notice much as I tend to look far down the road while driving.

1.22% performance hit using 16x versus 8x which is only .41% hit. So yea, I leave it set at 8, unless I'm driving with PP disabled then I max out errrrrrrrrrrrrrrthang! HAHA :roflmao:

Thanks for confirming that guys. Still don't know why anyone would disagree with this statement as it should be an obvious AF issue. I'd really like to hear the reasoning and see some proof if something else should be the issue (even if it's just to get some more knowledge in case I'm still wrong).

Hope @spark972 will let us know the result.

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea

Results are only viewable after voting.