Cars KRB Tiga Lotus Esprit Silhouette

I hate when I deactivate the in-car wheel but all the important info is ON the damn wheel! :O_o: :( Is that a cup holder I see? Or a beer holder, depending on how redneck you are? :)
I'm glad that there is literally nothing on this wheel, not even a single front facing button. I do need to do the shift paddle animation next now
:coffee: Cup holder, beer holder... you mean that round thing with the pink anodised top? That's the remote reservoir of the front right suspension
1.jpg

I did a live recording of this short(ened) test session last night, with the wheel displayed... having the bolt heads in full 3D does make a difference compared to just texture or even a normalmap. And yes I can't drive well :roflmao: (one issue is that with the load cell brake in combination with a normal wheeled office chair base... I lack the confidence to just brake... almost tumbled my desk once already by pulling at the wheel...)

Last edited:
Cup holder, beer holder... you mean that round thing with the pink anodised top? That's the remote reservoir of the front right suspension
View attachment 245428
Are you sure its not the top of one of those pneumatic jacks that lift the car up on pitstops? Most GT cars have them and a lot of the time they visible from the interior depending on where they are welded to the shell.

Can see them in the 57 (kinda dark, sorry), one in the middle of the car on the transmission tunnel, and 2 in the front, each in the footwells:

mIU9Xnyh.jpg

4pdXdgbh.jpg

:coffee: Cup holder, beer holder... you mean that round thing with the pink anodised top? That's the remote reservoir of the front right suspension
View attachment 245428
Sweet. Only 6:15AM and I've already made a complete fool of myself. (I guess I should have maximized the photo). It took me until about 8AM yesterday to embarrass myself, so I'm off to a stellar start. :cry: :( :mad:

I did a live recording of this short(ened) test session last night, with the wheel displayed... having the bolt heads in full 3D does make a difference compared to just texture or even a normalmap. And yes I can't drive well :roflmao:
I'm the last person who's opinion should matter when it comes to building mods, but I've always felt that if it's not going to hurt performance and you really can tell a difference, then go ahead and build 'em into the mesh. Watching your video just reminded me of something...I went to drive the Alzen 996 yesterday and for some reason it wasn't installed anymore...I better go grab it off the network right now before I forget. :thumbsup:

Are you sure its not the top of one of those pneumatic jacks that lift the car up on pitstops? Most GT cars have them and a lot of the time they visible from the interior depending on where they are welded to the shell.

Can see them in the 57 (kinda dark, sorry), one in the middle of the car on the transmission tunnel, and 2 in the front, each in the footwells:

mIU9Xnyh.jpg

4pdXdgbh.jpg
...hmm, you could be right...a third one is at the rear between the wing uprights. Just never seen a pic of them deployed

@ALB123 Performance should be just like a newer Kunos car, 55 textures, ~250k tris all in all in LOD A

Outer mesh finished "enough" to dare splitting the doors of the body
riiKun7.jpg

zfTjPQs.jpg

eight objects per door may be a bit much.. but this is LOD_A anyway, and each of the objects uses a different shader, so joining them in Blender wouldn't do anything once I export to fbx

Last edited:
Outer mesh finished "enough" to dare splitting the doors of the body
riiKun7.jpg

zfTjPQs.jpg

eight objects per door may be a bit much.. but this is LOD_A anyway, and each of the objects uses a different shader, so joining them in Blender wouldn't do anything once I export to fbx
Is this awd? I better hope so

mIU9Xnyh.jpg

4pdXdgbh.jpg
I wonder if that is what this is for,
was watching some videos and its there also, was going to ask yesterday when I was thinking about making it then I forgot, then earlier today again was doing something thought about it and forgot again lol,
wonder if its something related to the compressed air systems to fill them ?
so curious to know exactly what its for :D maybe its in the manual.
d6f4288942d3ac5b589ddd62af9d6ddd.png

sorry for the offtopic.

I wonder if that is what this is for,
was watching some videos and its there also, was going to ask yesterday when I was thinking about making it then I forgot, then earlier today again was doing something thought about it and forgot again lol,
wonder if its something related to the compressed air systems to fill them ?
so curious to know exactly what its for :D maybe its in the manual.
d6f4288942d3ac5b589ddd62af9d6ddd.png

sorry for the offtopic.
No idea what it is, but its not the pneumatic connection for the jacks - thats in the rear of the car, where I made the massive big hole :D

No idea what it is, but its not the pneumatic connection for the jacks - thats in the rear of the car, where I made the massive big hole :D
Oh yeah the glory hole :D
I forgot about that hole, I wonder what its for its really bothering me I will add it anyways it looks cool :D

looks like some kind of sensor .

Could be some kind of light for the refueling. Like it lights up when the tank is full so the refueling rig can be retracted during pitstop.

Could be some kind of light for the refueling. Like it lights up when the tank is full so the refueling rig can be retracted during pitstop.
Wow what a good answer and to say its next to the fuel filler, I am a believer 100% it makes total sense,
it looks like a sensor, so yes when they are filling the tanks,
when it gets to say 95% or to where they have programmed it say so many liters will give a certain flashing light or something, good answer man :D:D

I love those sharp edges! :cool:
it seems like an easy shape to do - but the whole car is still nearing 300k tris overall :confused:

I'll keep doing two replica skins of the real car (this "Speedhunters" livery and the current blue-ish one) and maybe a few fantasy ones (no outsourcing this time on it, but a psd/xcf will be bundled with the release), and probably at the same time start LOD work

it seems like an easy shape to do - but the whole car is still nearing 300k tris overall :confused:
Oh, I totally believe that. In my limited 3D modeling experience, the things that look easy are almost always anything but. And then you see something that looks like it must have taken forever to do and it's like, "Nope...I only made 1 and cloned 29 additional copies around a central pivot point. And then I cloned those again producing this complex object you see now." :laugh:

You probably mentioned this elsewhere in this thread, but after my last post here I decided to consult the almighty Googles regarding this car. I was curious about the engine specs of this bad boy. My jaw just about hit the floor when I read this passage from a SpeedHunters article:
It’s hard to see through all the pipe work, but slotted deep into the chassis is a KRB-built, 4.2-litre quad cam Audi V8 that pushes 829 horsepower and a similar amount of Newton meter-measured torque to the rear wheels via a five-speed Hewland VG transaxle transmission.
I've already started pondering how long it will take me before I completely total mine on my first Nordschleife run. :confused: ;) :laugh:

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back