Cars KRB Tiga Lotus Esprit Silhouette

Just remember that this car is maybe 10% Lotus at most, it's a Group-C chassis that some crazy Swede draped in Esprit bodywork, doubt there was works involvement or even an ok from Lotus.

Power wise it's been described as "lazy power".

s52f4kF.jpg

seems like the needed scaling job went over everything ok, and apart from a needed new UV mapping of the outer skin (not done yet) and some minor "de-ovalisation" of those damper reservoirs there it all went over well. Instruments, seat, steering column or rather pretty much anything not centred on X=0 was excluded from the scaling and remains the same.

fZm4FLJ.jpg

to before:
UELh7Rm.jpg

Wow. They hook the throttle cable up right there? Maybe it's just the angle of the shot, but it seems like that could be a quite precarious location for something so absolutely vital to the car's operation.

Look at the meat that we call rear tires. Wow...I don't even know the specs of the car, but I can already guess what dropping the hammer is going to feel like. :D Always grateful for the surprises you bring us... :D

Wow. They hook the throttle cable up right there? Maybe it's just the angle of the shot, but it seems like that could be a quite precarious location for something so absolutely vital to the car's operation.

Look at the meat that we call rear tires. Wow...I don't even know the specs of the car, but I can already guess what dropping the hammer is going to feel like. :D Always grateful for the surprises you bring us... :D
throttle cable, well - yes. At least they did for the photoshoot.

I have some specs on page one of this thread, but in essence its this
tigarace2.jpeg

(Tiga GC288)
with different bodywork, more cage, and a twinturbo Audi 4.2 litre V8 instead of the free breathing 3.5 Cosworth DFL they apparently ran most. Tho the "Esprit-cified" car KRB bought had a very peaky "Nascar" V8 that they say made the car hard to master. The Audi V8 has lots of torque everywhere, you can shortshift at 4k rpm and still outrun most. The boost controller is a must tho, or else 1st and 2nd are hectic.

Last edited:
LiK7KCV.jpg

W1FEpb4.jpg

Not done too much work on this lately. But that display turned out quite well I think, should be the wideband (with the wrong value for now, 20 would be a little lean..). But its static, can't make it dynamic unfortunately

Where abouts will you put the Flux Capacitor? :laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::whistling::whistling::whistling::ninja::ninja::ninja::ninja::ninja::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:
someone should do the same concept with a DeLorean... take a Le Mans chassis and make its stainless body fit. And thrpw out the PRV for something with a little more oomph.

not done much over the Easter days
qlMFNdy.jpg

doorcards (the hanging line there is the doorhandle)

JFbdHyt.jpg

hinges. Ofc both in preparation of operable doors

someone should do the same concept with a DeLorean... take a Le Mans chassis and make its stainless body fit. And thrpw out the PRV for something with a little more oomph.
Are you saying the DeLorean was actually made with a Pontiac LeMans chassis? I can't believe I never heard that before. Do you know which year Le Mans was used?

Are you saying the DeLorean was actually made with a Pontiac LeMans chassis? I can't believe I never heard that before. Do you know which year Le Mans was used?
:roflmao: nah, the original DeLorean had a homemade, flimsy as **** chassis, in some ways inspired by contemporary Lotus chassis but nothing American.
I meant a Group-C/prototype chassis, and was just making up ideas ;)

:roflmao: nah, the original DeLorean had a homemade, flimsy as **** chassis, in some ways inspired by contemporary Lotus chassis but nothing American.
I meant a Group-C/prototype chassis, and was just making up ideas ;)
Ahh..well...I think I've made myself look like quite the fool today and it's not even 8:30am! This could be a record day... :cautious: :whistling: I freakin' love the detail you put into those wheels. All of your cars require a solid 10-minute "walk around" inspecting all of those insane details of your cars. :thumbsup:

Ahh..well...I think I've made myself look like quite the fool today and it's not even 8:30am! This could be a record day... :cautious: :whistling: I freakin' love the detail you put into those wheels. All of your cars require a solid 10-minute "walk around" inspecting all of those insane details of your cars. :thumbsup:
The rim mesh was made by @Ben O'Bro btw :thumbsup:
And yes, details I'm inspired by the RSS cars.. tho I won't make the insanly low filesize they manage, currently I'm at 65 MB for the main kn5
Funnily enough one aspect that makes the rim look likes this is dds conversion artefacts on the RGB map. I added RGB noise to it, for a sorta casted metal like sparkle, with compression it looks like this

Last edited:
I hate when I deactivate the in-car wheel but all the important info is ON the damn wheel! :O_o: :( Is that a cup holder I see? Or a beer holder, depending on how redneck you are? :)

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 289 15.4%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 193 10.3%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 195 10.4%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 140 7.5%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 250 13.3%