Cars KRB Tiga Lotus Esprit Silhouette

AccAkut

Premium
E4rlSeZ.jpg

I think it is better to start a standalone thread on this one now instead of getting lost in the What are working on thread :)

aqS3Xlo.jpg

F7iOqyA.jpg

chLuJTX.jpg

(height compared to KRB Audi)

RfcrxGx.jpg

(old bake with wrong UV map on floor obv)

Like with the Audi this car again is not exactly what it appears like from the outside. Looking at it you would think "yeah, a widened Esprit", but this actually a Group-C chassis that an ex-Tiga employee bought and draped in Esprit like bodywork. I don't know if there's actually any real Lotus part in the whole car. More info on the car can be found in these two articles:

(http://www.speedhunters.com/2013/07/reinventing-an-icon-krbs-829whp-lotus-lives/)
(http://www.speedhunters.com/2013/02/krbs-esprit-gets-some-serious-firepower/)

Contrary to the KRB Audi which ran a VW-Audi mashup engine, this "Lotus" now is pure Audi, 4.2 litre V8 from the old S8 (not the later FSI variant), aspirated with rather large Comp turbos and bolted to the old Group-C drivetrain. In the builders words it has "lazy" 800 hp, hwich may be 200 less then the Audi, but due to the much better chassis and better power delivery result in a whole new level of performance. Its like Gran Turismo, buy an old '80s wedge race car and head straight for the Stage 3 Turbo kit :geek:

Well I have been modelling and working on the physics this for a while already, @IMrIMike has started with custom sound some time ago (btw, update? :whistling:). I have permission and support by the real KRB Trading Team, and have been send a little data already for the drivetrain.

zORA6qm.jpg

No idea about a Release date, maybe summer 2019? Dunno

If anyone were up to help me with the physics, it may be sooner..

Last edited:
Little update on the audio here, too lazy for a video rn :whistling:
It´s still missing lots of side noise like backfires, downshifts and turbo stuff, and I´m not quite happy with the coast samples yet, but other than that I´m quite satisfied with it.
Certainly one of the most interesting sounding vehicle I´ve ever done, especially the howling in the reverb zones at Laguna Seca.

Little update on the audio here, too lazy for a video rn :whistling:
It´s still missing lots of side noise like backfires, downshifts and turbo stuff, and I´m not quite happy with the coast samples yet, but other than that I´m quite satisfied with it.
Certainly one of the most interesting sounding vehicle I´ve ever done, especially the howling in the reverb zones at Laguna Seca.
On throttle it sounds already nice :thumbsup:

Made some video myself, it appears much more laggy as it did while recording, maybe my HD is too slow, dunno, and sound detail got lost as this is recording from a replay and not live. But still good representation of the current state of the project (and IMrMike's soundwork):

AWi8YOu.jpg

tried doing what @A3DR does on the Lambo cage, think I went in the right direction. And yes priority is wrong on the inside glass.
ZCLyfxU.jpg

lot's of cables, not mapped yet

jSvPAbb.jpg

also made the seat. Needs fine tuning at the shoulders, but given that I made it freehand without the driver model, it turned out pretty great already
8nIFgwP.jpg

Nothing anyone would notice, but inside mesh for louvres and some more engine/frame parts

edit:
mFG2QOb.jpg

reservoirs done too (black "hole" around it will be done differently later)

Last edited:

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back