Cars KRB Tiga Lotus Esprit Silhouette

You probably mentioned this elsewhere in this thread, but after my last post here I decided to consult the almighty Googles regarding this car. I was curious about the engine specs of this bad boy. My jaw just about hit the floor when I read this passage from a SpeedHunters article:

I've already started pondering how long it will take me before I completely total mine on my first Nordschleife run. :confused: ;) :laugh:
1.jpg

It actually has more... I found a video of more recent build of this car (last autumn) and managed to model my power and torque curves very very close to the dyno curves shown in it. There is a dyno plot of a mildly tuned naturally aspirated 4.2 from some S8 at use here, which I then applied the turbo settings to (I'm just mentioning it because I came across a bunch of cars recebtly which had N/A engine curves modelled to mimic turbo curves...)

Like in the real car a boost controller makes it driveable, lower gears have only a fraction of the boost.
2.jpg

comment from Team KRB. In a later message they sent me the boost settings

...I'll not add a full power anywhere mode, as it can't really be done... and would piss of the typical user :p
"Undriveable. I'm master racer but spin every time me touch throttle pedal. 1 star, go jump off a bridge!"

Last edited:
Great post! A "lazy" 800hp... :laugh: :roflmao: Some people are freakin' maniacs. I loved that comment about Gran Turismo in the CM car info box. :laugh:

Gran Turismo was where it did start for me in a way

-----

8qQR48p.jpg

plopping more sponsors. Not 100% how to do it as the livery changed pretty much every outing, and apparently even during the Speedhunters photoshoot

also did the "pothole" between cockpit and engine compartment. Not finished, needs some bolts and seals
HY4Ra6L.jpg

Nice, though the fingers on the right hand seem to have a very strange deformation, at least from this point of view.
Yeah, this was the very first export I did, and I was just totally surprised that it worked straight out the box. Needs finetuning. I tried giving the upshift "more flick", while the downshift is more precise.

I'm most surprised that this is blending between the main steering animation (which Gary did for me in 3dsmax) and my Blender finger work without any hickups

Looks and sounds great! Is that steering wheel really that thin IRL? Looks very uncomfortable to grip.

*Edit:
KRB_Lotus_Esprit-012.jpg
I got send the product name of the wheel that is currently installed, and modelled it after photos from the OMP site... is has a narrower rim, but I may overdid it..no idea if I could change it at this stage without much hassle. In general the cockpit is a bit different because I made the car with the sequential transmission with paddles it has now. When Speedhunters made the photoshoot is was still 5-speed H-gate.

On release, I still need to do one or two skins, I only have two good ones at the moment which for me is too few. And I'm quite busy these days

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 310 15.5%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 212 10.6%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 207 10.3%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 157 7.8%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 271 13.5%