Horizon Shades

Misc Horizon Shades 3.2

Login or Register an account to download this content
I'll stick with the 3.0. I've tested 3.0 and 3.1 and both are great an a great improvement on performance, but I prefer the little bit of glare from 3.0. Thanks for this mod it really brings a lot to this game! I'll try and post some screenshots later on!

unfortunately not, I use OBS to capture, and some weird thing with re-shade stops me capturing "part" of a fullscreen application, it actually just captures in this case the incorrect CM loading screen. Usually i can crop the capture to just my middle monitor, same bug when using reshade with ACC and PC2 sadly.

But it could be possible if you simply choose a single monitor in the Sim instead of triples, right'?

If you don't want to change your setup, it's alright, but it's a shame because single monitor users
can only see your clips very narrow and small. Thanks anyway.

I installed the latest 3.1 Horizon version. Nice work!
Indeed the blur/bloom effects are completely (?) gone although still active in CSP/ExtraFX and also the ReShade parameters are empty. Is that correct? So what is the purpose of ReShade if no filters are activated?

Because of testing purposes I installed a 34" UWide 2560*1080 LG monitor in stead of the 4K TV/Monitor. So the FPS are now around 90fps for hotlapping and around 50FPS with a 20AI grid. Still very dependent of the car/track and if they are optimized. Some are very demanding and has nothing to do with this PP but has certainly impact on general performance.

I installed the latest 3.1 Horizon version. Nice work!
Indeed the blur/bloom effects are completely (?) gone although still active in CSP/ExtraFX and also the ReShade parameters are empty. Is that correct? So what is the purpose of ReShade if no filters are activated?

Because of testing purposes I installed a 34" UWide 2560*1080 LG monitor in stead of the 4K TV/Monitor. So the FPS are now around 90fps for hotlapping and around 50FPS with a 20AI grid. Still very dependent of the car/track and if they are optimized. Some are very demanding and has nothing to do with this PP but has certainly impact on general performance.

See my post one page back, he has forgot to set the correct path within the dxgi.ini file which leads to the preset file. You need to enter YOUR path into this file where it is located.

See my post one page back, he has forgot to set the correct path within the dxgi.ini file which leads to the preset file. You need to enter YOUR path into this file where it is located.
Thanks! changed the path to where the preset.ini is located (main assetto corsa map). Then it loads Reshade preset with a couple of filters enabled. I forget the message that a newer Reshade is available ;)

Did a quick test at Willow Springs 7:30AM date 30/4/2020 First is with Reshade enabled and the second one is without Reshade (completely deleted from root). See the differences? I only noticed that the 'white wash sky around the sun' is much more present with Reshade enabled.
Blur and Bloom seems to be gone completely despite enabled in CSP/ExtraFX and still with 100% blur.

with reshade:

without reshade:

Grtz
Brian

Testing first with 25 cars and you see what about you frames !
28 cars, (bathurst wont allow more but doubt even 40 or 50 cars would cause an issue as framerate is only affected by the total number of cars actually in view, but, on the 28 i can load, no frame drop.

But it could be possible if you simply choose a single monitor in the Sim instead of triples, right'?
nope, the triples are "joined" into "one" monitor by the nvidia river, vitual 5760x1080p monitor, i can capture playing in a 1080p window as below, but, cannot imagine playing this game in single screen mode anymore, feels like in "blind" missing the two side monitors!
(vid ulpoading, did one lap on my fav settings, second lap changed it up a bit. )

28 cars, (bathurst wont allow more but doubt even 40 or 50 cars would cause an issue as framerate is only affected by the total number of cars actually in view, but, on the 28 i can load, no frame drop.

nope, the triples are "joined" into "one" monitor by the nvidia river, vitual 5760x1080p monitor, i can capture playing in a 1080p window as below, but, cannot imagine playing this game in single screen mode anymore, feels like in "blind" missing the two side monitors!
(vid ulpoading, did one lap on my fav settings, second lap changed it up a bit. )

Thanks a lot for this new clip. Wow! With this size now we can admire properly the top quality of these effects... and thanks for stopping the car to cycle the different effects; doing this should be
a must to show all the effects off... best way to see them, and with the menu selection included
so we can see what effect is being selected.

AC looks now better than ACC! Really really pretty. Of course, you can adjust every effect to your
liking.

Thanks again for taking your time for this great new clip, CeeBee.

And, fantastic work, Master.

Master updated Horizon Shades with a new update entry:

Horizon Shades

I've been reading all the feedback regarding Horizon Shades. I'm trying to make it pleasant for everyone, but it is impossible to please everyone because, for example, there are many blocks of effects that work together, so changing one changes them all. In a way I am looking for balance and trying to keep the MOD Horizon Shades proposal.
This version is much more beautiful and immersive and has many fixes like adjust the Blur to be pleasant, colors, sun rays, brightness among other effects...

Read the rest of this update entry...

is that correct from update?
Senza titolo.png

Thanks a lot, brother, for your time spent and dedication on this project. It's beautiful! Even in VR it looks fantastic.
You don't need to please everyone. Taste is taste! If some someone does not enjoy your job and effort just tell them to delete your files and GO FIND SOMETHING ELSE OR ANYONE ELSE TO BOTHER!
Thanks, again and be safe, be home!

I finally found a way I can use this, sort of, and it's one of the beauties of AC, it's so customizable. I can't use the CSP preset that's included with the mod because it's too demanding on my system. For some reason, enabling ExtraFX in CSP kills my framerates. Even if I deactivate every option in it, just enabling it drops my fps. I know that sounds odd, but it's true. So I took the preset and disabled ExtraFX and a few other unimportant things, like the grass fx and did some of what ExtraFX was supposed to do through different reshade options. May not give me exactly the look the mod would, but comparing what I see to some of the preview pictures here, it's pretty darn close and I don't lose 30 fps in the process. I get the mods wonderful color and lighting and somewhat of the fancy bloom and blur effects so it's all good.

I finally found a way I can use this, sort of, and it's one of the beauties of AC, it's so customizable. I can't use the CSP preset that's included with the mod because it's too demanding on my system. For some reason, enabling ExtraFX in CSP kills my framerates. Even if I deactivate every option in it, just enabling it drops my fps. I know that sounds odd, but it's true. So I took the preset and disabled ExtraFX and a few other unimportant things, like the grass fx and did some of what ExtraFX was supposed to do through different reshade options. May not give me exactly the look the mod would, but comparing what I see to some of the preview pictures here, it's pretty darn close and I don't lose 30 fps in the process. I get the mods wonderful color and lighting and somewhat of the fancy bloom and blur effects so it's all good.

It's a compromise with all 3 post processing filters plus their configurations. It takes time to find the best solution to your liking, that or you need a very powerful video card and CPU to run all effects
without dropping frames like CeeBee has.

the "sand" setting in Sol with this shader really sells the feeling of actual being in the desert at the willow springs track

This one no sand, just clouds, different and still looks good, but prefer the sand for this track.

(trp scrn grab, sorry guys, but i just cant play these games on a single screen anymore, too hard, ill try do VR grabs instead in future if i get back to it, im on my AMS2 buzz for now though!))

a single screen grab at Willow Springs with time scaling at 60X, goes from 6AM to 8AM in 3 laps. Easier to show off the various track lightings this way. If you are touchy about swearing turn down the volume, Jim outshining himself in this one ;)

Anyone else gets graphical smears in replay when motion blur is turned off especially with headlights turned on and if motion blur is turned on, the smears disappear. Is this the by products when having motion blur turned off? I know it's not from Horizon Shades.

Even today I will be posting the new version with several minor corrections and totally new nights compared to the previous version ... you know ... bright lights, lights!

Attachments

• Screenshot_ks_nissan_gtr_monza_2-5-120-1-10-56.jpg
    Screenshot_ks_nissan_gtr_monza_2-5-120-1-10-56.jpg
    345.7 KB · Views: 73
  • Screenshot_ks_nissan_gtr_monza_2-5-120-1-6-50.jpg
    Screenshot_ks_nissan_gtr_monza_2-5-120-1-6-50.jpg
    302.2 KB · Views: 76
  • Screenshot_wec_gte_chevrolet_corvette_c8r_ks_laguna_seca_1-5-120-23-40-55.jpg
    Screenshot_wec_gte_chevrolet_corvette_c8r_ks_laguna_seca_1-5-120-23-40-55.jpg
    210.2 KB · Views: 79
  • Screenshot_wec_gte_chevrolet_corvette_c8r_ks_laguna_seca_1-5-120-23-40-11.jpg
    Screenshot_wec_gte_chevrolet_corvette_c8r_ks_laguna_seca_1-5-120-23-40-11.jpg
    235.9 KB · Views: 78
  • Screenshot_ks_maserati_quattroporte_monza_1-5-120-22-11-25.jpg
    Screenshot_ks_maserati_quattroporte_monza_1-5-120-22-11-25.jpg
    244.8 KB · Views: 78
  • Screenshot_ks_maserati_quattroporte_monza_1-5-120-22-10-13.jpg
    Screenshot_ks_maserati_quattroporte_monza_1-5-120-22-10-13.jpg
    499.9 KB · Views: 71
  • Screenshot_ks_maserati_quattroporte_monza_1-5-120-22-9-21.jpg
    Screenshot_ks_maserati_quattroporte_monza_1-5-120-22-9-21.jpg
    288.1 KB · Views: 66
  • Screenshot_ks_maserati_quattroporte_monza_1-5-120-22-9-5.jpg
    Screenshot_ks_maserati_quattroporte_monza_1-5-120-22-9-5.jpg
    270.2 KB · Views: 76

Latest News

To join the OverTake Racing Club races I want them to be: (multiple choice)

• Free to access

Votes: 62 88.6%
  • Better structured events

Votes: 10 14.3%
  • Better structured racing club forum

Votes: 12 17.1%
  • More use of default game content

Votes: 5 7.1%
  • More use of fixed setups

Votes: 18 25.7%
  • No 3rd party registration pages

Votes: 21 30.0%