Horizon Shades

Misc Horizon Shades 3.2

Login or Register an account to download this content
This is a great PP filter with other CSP/AC Video presets. Some I tweaked a little to my personal preference.
See this example video Monaco '66 track, 6:30AM so the lightpoles are on. First you see (in my humble opinion) a very good looking gorgeous environment as seen in cockpit view. My question: when I change to TV cam view @2:30 you'll see a lot of lighting reflection from the light poles. When I select another PP filter (see @4:09) this effect is gone. I tried to play around in (latest) CSP with the reflection and lighting settings but could not solve it...handy me...Do you know how this can be fixed? Thanks!!

Overall a great immersive experience

Wow, cool! May I ask you where did you get that track?

Someone saying he has no FPS drops... others that they do have and about 15-20 minimum...

I'm not sure if the problem could be a bad configuration with any of the filters...

i9 9900kf, 32gb @ 3200, 2080ti, boot nvme and data nvme (the one the games run from). Triple screen 3X32' 5760x1080p
Honestly, the nvme's make the most impact if you havbe not optimised your gaming pc to NOT run background tasks, previously i used to get stutters when stuff like my steam, onedrive etc would commit disk writes, now nada, smooth as butter.

FWIW i had to back off the settings quite a bit once i tried this in VR.. I do have extrafx on, but, not sure it does anything, its disclaimer is it does not work on triple screen or vr anyhow, so probably its not running?

I tweaked the "high" profile a bit to allow gameplay AND recording at same time to this, otherwise the ultra settings for just game play
1588190123350.png

but for VR have to drop right down to this to achieve clean 90fps for the vive (set to 150% SS in steam)
1588190412489.png

In all cases i do not use FXAA, as i use SMAA/Ultra in shaders patch instead.

Last edited:
It looks great but unplayable with other cars at 1080p even at its lowest setting. :(
I have GTX970.

Please help me uninstall it all.
I may be wrong, but as I understand it no need to uninstall, just use a different shader preset? can highly recommend "natural_mod" or just use the built in Natural, and tone back its saturation. its a tad garish and too "hot", the WB needs to be cooler, everything has that "yellow" sunburned look.

Master updated Horizon Shades with a new update entry:

Horizon Shades

I've been reading all the feedback regarding Horizon Shades. I'm trying to make it pleasant for everyone, but it is impossible to please everyone because, for example, there are many blocks of effects that work together, so changing one changes them all. In a way I am looking for balance and trying to keep the MOD Horizon Shades proposal.
This version is much more beautiful and immersive and has many fixes like adjust the Blur to be pleasant, colors, sun rays, brightness among other...

Read the rest of this update entry...

I tested with 10 other cars on Bridgehampton (more than 10 and the AI goes full retard and wipe each other out at T3.. ). The Bridgehampton course has always been graphically beautiful,but this makes it gorgeous.

1gb vid upload, so be patient till it processes

This looks gorgeous indeed, but with triple screens it shows very narrow on a single screen. Could you do this one again but just for one screen? It'd be great too if you could stop the car and cycle
different presets so we can see the different effects as you did in the previous clip.

I would like to try this, I need more precise install instuction's please, I can normally figure most things out, I get the AC game install folders but am not sure on the CM install folders? Can you not make it drag and drop in CM? Cheers.
Well, try to read the step by step and follow the instructions. But what is inside the folders must be placed in the directories indicated in the instructions

Master updated Horizon Shades with a new update entry:

Horizon Shades

I've been reading all the feedback regarding Horizon Shades. I'm trying to make it pleasant for everyone, but it is impossible to please everyone because, for example, there are many blocks of effects that work together, so changing one changes them all. In a way I am looking for balance and trying to keep the MOD Horizon Shades proposal.
This version is much more beautiful and immersive and has many fixes like adjust the Blur to be pleasant, colors, sun rays, brightness among other...

Read the rest of this update entry...

I followed the instructions, but when I load the Horizon shades. My sky is black and I notice I don't have an option in SOL to use CPU Split or have a page 18 (my reset default is on 16)

This looks gorgeous indeed, but with triple screens it shows very narrow on a single screen. Could you do this one again but just for one screen? It'd be great too if you could stop the car and cycle
different presets so we can see the different effects as you did in the previous clip.
unfortunately not, I use OBS to capture, and some weird thing with re-shade stops me capturing "part" of a fullscreen application, it actually just captures in this case the incorrect CM loading screen. Usually i can crop the capture to just my middle monitor, same bug when using reshade with ACC and PC2 sadly.

Hello people! I've been working hard on this MOD, but I think I got where I wanted to be, or at least close! Here are pictures of the next version! Wait!

Attachments

• Screenshot_toyota_supra_trd_600whp_monza_30-4-120-5-33-24.jpg
    Screenshot_toyota_supra_trd_600whp_monza_30-4-120-5-33-24.jpg
    268.4 KB · Views: 86
  • Screenshot_toyota_supra_trd_600whp_monza_30-4-120-5-33-0.jpg
    Screenshot_toyota_supra_trd_600whp_monza_30-4-120-5-33-0.jpg
    234.5 KB · Views: 89
  • Screenshot_toyota_supra_trd_600whp_monza_30-4-120-5-30-56.jpg
    Screenshot_toyota_supra_trd_600whp_monza_30-4-120-5-30-56.jpg
    702.6 KB · Views: 91
  • Screenshot_toyota_supra_trd_600whp_monza_30-4-120-5-30-12.jpg
    Screenshot_toyota_supra_trd_600whp_monza_30-4-120-5-30-12.jpg
    328 KB · Views: 86
  • Screenshot_toyota_supra_trd_600whp_monza_30-4-120-5-29-54.jpg
    Screenshot_toyota_supra_trd_600whp_monza_30-4-120-5-29-54.jpg
    409.2 KB · Views: 82
  • Screenshot_toyota_supra_trd_600whp_monza_30-4-120-5-29-11.jpg
    Screenshot_toyota_supra_trd_600whp_monza_30-4-120-5-29-11.jpg
    318.1 KB · Views: 84
  • Screenshot_ks_lamborghini_huracan_performante_acu_bathurst_30-4-120-5-10-55.jpg
    Screenshot_ks_lamborghini_huracan_performante_acu_bathurst_30-4-120-5-10-55.jpg
    357.5 KB · Views: 83
  • Screenshot_ks_lamborghini_huracan_performante_acu_bathurst_30-4-120-5-10-37.jpg
    Screenshot_ks_lamborghini_huracan_performante_acu_bathurst_30-4-120-5-10-37.jpg
    359.3 KB · Views: 92
Hello people! I've been working hard on this MOD, but I think I got where I wanted to be, or at least close! Here are pictures of the next version! Wait!
It looks great, great job! The one thing that I'm missing is the lens flare at night and luminous braking lights.

Hmm..with the latest 3.1 all the glare and bloom is disabled in reshade? Is it supposed to be? I just overwrote the files from your latest release.

Edit: your config file for the reshade path leads to your own located preset file. That´s why it is not working. Why haven´t you included the latest reshade version?

Last edited:
Just installed now, EXCELLENT! The combination of this and Sol, changes the feel of AC considerably. Love it, well done. running on max with everything, dropped no frames on the demanding Bathurst FM7 ripped track on triple screen.

(see hardware readout top left). I tried several times of day and several weather conditions in clip as well as several driving views, so apologies its a bit stop start.. but.. mouse and wheel at the same time is too much for my little brain to handle..)

Testing first with 25 cars and you see what about you frames !

Latest News

What would make you race in our Club events

• Special events

Votes: 13 23.6%
  • More leagues

Votes: 10 18.2%
  • Prizes

Votes: 10 18.2%
  • Trophies

Votes: 6 10.9%
  • Forum trophies

Votes: 4 7.3%