Horizon Shades

Misc Horizon Shades 3.2

Login or Register an account to download this content
@BrainsBush glares size can be change in the ppf text file , easy to do , just take a ppf with less glare and copy the [glare] from another ppf with less glare like you want to have ->
1587932990501.png

@BrainsBush glares size can be change in the ppf text file , easy to do , just take a ppf with less glare and copy the [glare] from another ppf with less glare like you want to have ->
Thanks for your assistance! This worked!

In general I like this PP. But with all the settings as suggested (including Reshade) it costs a lot of FPS. WIth my i7-7700, 1080ti-11GB, 32GBRAM and installed on SSD I get about 40-45FPS while hotlapping... Especially ExtraFX is about 20FPS difference.

Hello,
First thx for the works and share
I testing you mod but the whites are too aggressive and a big loss of colors like blue and this is not natural
Also you activate effects in the SLP especially blur effects which are fps eaters and completely useless
By seeing your parameters I note that you play on a screen which can be correct but totally not on 3 screens !
I have been using other filters for a long time which are much more natural.
Here for exemple
Best regards

im confused by two things
1: when i start a drive it tells me to download an updated version of this from http://reshade.me, is that where the updated version of horizon is?
2: how do i get less of the "soap opera glow" effect it makes everything look a little fuzzy?

im confused by two things
1: when i start a drive it tells me to download an updated version of this from http://reshade.me, is that where the updated version of horizon is?
2: how do i get less of the "soap opera glow" effect it makes everything look a little fuzzy?
1.) The creator of Horizon included an older version of ReShade which is logical because the latest ReShade 4.6.1 has been released on 14 April You can download it via Reshade.me
2.) I (and I think everyone else?) had the same too much glow around all car and ambient lights. Thanks to above suggestion of QXH2331 I deleted the glare and imported another one in the Horizon PP filter.

Just installed now, EXCELLENT! The combination of this and Sol, changes the feel of AC considerably. Love it, well done. running on max with everything, dropped no frames on the demanding Bathurst FM7 ripped track on triple screen.

(see hardware readout top left). I tried several times of day and several weather conditions in clip as well as several driving views, so apologies its a bit stop start.. but.. mouse and wheel at the same time is too much for my little brain to handle..)

Last edited:
Just installed now, EXCELLENT! The combination of this and Sol, changes the feel of AC considerably. Love it, well done. running on max with everything, dropped no frames on the demanding Bathurst FM7 ripped track on triple screen.

(see hardware readout top left). I tried several times of day and several weather conditions in clip as well as several driving views, so apologies its a bit stop start.. but.. mouse and wheel at the same time is too much for my little brain to handle..)

What is your resolution and cpu/gpu?

What is your resolution and cpu/gpu?
Also curious about the hardware specs.

I have a i7-7700k, 1080TI-11GB, 32GB, 1TB SSD and run at 4K video resolution.

With CSP152, SOL151, this PP Horizon filter + reshade* enabled I get around 35-40FPS (depends also on track/car optimization, number of AI --> most of the times I just use 10AI).
When ExtraFX is completely disabled it will gain about 15-20FPS but then obviously the realistic view is less immersive. Already have blur in ExtraFX 50% and noise 100% as personal preference.

*without reshade FPS is about the same.

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea